Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Do you want the mystery solved

<< < (3/3)

GlennM:
Solve this and move on to the Voynich Manuscript or Shroud of Turin? Everyone loves a mystery! It frees us from our own fears temporarily. My guess is that this has been solved, but there is still fun in the chase. Poor souls they are.

ElizabethHarris:
Glenn M, who do you think solved it already and why? What do you think their conclusions are?"

GlennM:
Hello Elizabeth,

I submit that the tragedy could have befallen the hikers day or night with the same outcome. No exotic explanation is needed. The hikers feared a snow slip preceded by earth tremor. I hold that there was enough movement to cause them to abandon their boots They cut their way out of the tent taking only what they had on their bodies and scattered. Knowing that their tent was ruined, believing a further slide was still immanent, and unable to use their stove under  that circumstance, they descended to the forest to make an open fire. With the fire made, the cedar was climbed and the tent located. The observer noted the conditions by day, or night. It made no difference. With desparate determination and failing strength, three returned, but succumbed to cold attempting to get supplies. Two die at the tree owing to injury from the hike or from the descent to the valley and failing strength.Four leave to make a snow cave and fall into a ravine where injury, cold and hunger defeat them.  Why did they not keep the fire going at the cedar? Exposure and wet wood, I think. The dead at the tree were laid out and stripped. This is evidence that they  they were respected in death, but the conditions were extreme enough to take the clothes. I believe they all did the right thing at the time, but Nature held the high card.

Игорь Б.:
А почему у дятловцев зрачки расширены?
У всех замёрзших трезвыми зрачки всегда узкие:
https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=870.msg14567#msg14567

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version