Theories Discussion > The stove

There could’ve been..

<< < (4/5) > >>

sarapuk:
Yes there is conflicting evidence of witnesses who saw the abandoned Tent and its contents. But surely if the Stove had have been lit and used there would have been traces of such and also if the Stove was at fault surely the Group would have dealt with it without abandoning their shelter.  A catastrophic event caused the Group to abandon their shelter the way they did.

BottledBrunette:
I don't understand, if they are walking away from a smoking tent, why would they walk away so far to get away from it?  I'm not a good judge of distances, but, just from the pictures, they seemed to be about a mile away from the tent.  Why would they walk THAT far away just to wait out a smoking tent and on top of that, dressed in practically nothing to keep them warm?  I'm not buying it, but, I'm not totally dismissive. Its plausible in a small increment.

Loose}{Cannon:
Well......   I duuno, but they were actually dressed pretty good! 

BottledBrunette:
For the tent, maybe, but, some weren't dressed for being outside in arctic weather conditions, and even those dressed more warmly than the others, it wasn't enough to protect them from the weather outside of the tent for long periods of time.  Unless I'm missing something............. excuseme

Marchesk:

--- Quote from: BottledBrunette on July 23, 2019, 09:38:16 PM ---For the tent, maybe, but, some weren't dressed for being outside in arctic weather conditions, and even those dressed more warmly than the others, it wasn't enough to protect them from the weather outside of the tent for long periods of time.
--- End quote ---

Depends on the weather that night. Let's say it was only -20°C (-4°F) with mild winds. The question is whether the hikers would have succumbed to hypothermia a few hours later given the clothing they did have on them outside the tent, and given that they were accustomed to being outside in that weather.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version