Theories Discussion > Murdered

A problem with homicide theories

<< < (17/22) > >>

Jean Daniel Reuss:

--- Quote from: Ziljoe on May 17, 2022, 03:07:32 PM ---                       Reply #76
 it does not mean the were washed down with water of the stream. They chose a snow hole , snow bridge or cave that was already there.

--- End quote ---

Many thanks for having corrected my unforgivable mistake.

I do apologize, I had made a huge mistake in my translation.
I now understand that you mean that they abandoned the 4 branch beds (referred to as "the Den") to voluntarily relocate a few meters downstream in order to hide in a snow cave or big hole
(referred to as "the Ravine", despite the place being located in a tiny valley and not in a canyon)
which then collapsed on them.

In summary, I had mistakenly translated :
washed down with water of the stream

by: entrained downstream and properly cleaned by the water stream (and thus without trace of radiation).

Ziljoe:
Not a problem Jean Daniel Reuss.

My English is bad. It should read , it does not mean 'they' were washed down with 'the' water of the stream.

I agree that the word "ravine" may not be suitable or infer some large canyon. However, they were found under a large mass of snow. Reports indicate that it was hard snow.

Manti:
There is some inherent inconsistency in what we know about snow conditions:
* The raised footprints that were found suggest that the amount of snow cover at the time of the incident was more than when the search started.
* At the same time, the "Ravine 4" being found on rocks under meters of snow, suggests either that there was less snow when they started sheltering there, and snow cover significantly increased after the incident, or that there was a lot of snow under them and it all melted by the time they were found, in which case snow in the "ravine" area would also have shifted significantly, downstream.
* Barely any snow on the two Yuris when found suggests that area was exposed to wind. Why would they try to light a fire there?In fact it seems very unlikely that there would be any snow cover on the stream, let alone meters of hardened snow, let alone in May! There are several photographs they took that show streams with no snow on top, the water exposed, and that was in January. I think the commonly accepted information about where the "Ravine 4" were found must be incorrect.

Ziljoe:
I think the snow can drift similar to desert sand . Depending on the wind strength , direction and temperature. There are reports of the exposed sides of trees having suffered peeling . If I understand it correctly it's like sand blasting. I agree with Manti that where the foot prints were found it must have been deeper at the time that the prints were made.

Depending on how the snow and wind fell
at the ravine, I believe that the snow could easily make a snow bridge . It happens in nature , the stream could still run free underneath any snow.

However, what is clear , is that there was a lot of snow at the ravine and den area. Wheather that happened before the incident or after is anyone's guess. But it does happen in nature and they can be some of the last snow to thaw. Especially if it has been hardened by compression. Again think of the snow after sliding off a roof of a house , it's stays hard on the ground. Similar to the snow left by snow ploughs at the side of the road.

Jean Daniel Reuss:
      Conventional vocabulary used : "ravine's Four" - Den - Ravine
•••  The "ravine's Four" =  Dubinina, Thibeaux-Brignolle, Zolotaryov, Kolevatov.

•••  The Den = the location where the 4 beds of brushwood cut on May 4 or 5, 1959 were found.l'endroit où ont été trouvé les 4 lits de branchage les 4 ou 5 mai 1959.

•••  The Ravine = the location where the 4 corpses of the "ravine's Four" were found on May 5, 1959.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

7 meters is the distance Den <--> Ravine following Vassilii Zyadik
Do you agree with Vassilii Zyadik's synthetic image reconstruction ?

If you agree then the Den is located 7 meters upstream from the Ravine .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------(In the following I will refer to this location found on May 4 or 5 as: the Den-Ravine.)

less snow on February 2 than on May 5

--- Quote from: Manti on May 23, 2022, 09:08:21 AM ---              Reply #82
............ there was less snow when they started sheltering there, and snow cover significantly increased after the incident,[February 2]....

--- End quote ---
It is impossible to know exactly how deep the snow was at the Ravine on February 2, 1959, i.e. 3 months before the discovery of Dubinina's corpse on May 5 by Askenadzi («  I...saw a piece of meat on the hook...»).
https://dyatlovpass.com/askinadzi?rbid=18461

But we can nevertheless be sure that there was less snow on February 2 than on May 5 !

The natural and progressive evolution of powder snow into hard and compact snow

--- Quote from: Ziljoe on May 23, 2022, 03:16:15 PM ---              Reply #83
..... Especially if it has been hardened by compression. Again think of the snow after sliding off a roof of a house , it's stays hard on the ground. Similar to the snow left by snow ploughs at the side of the road.

--- End quote ---

Yes. It is also necessary to take into account the alternation of freezing and thawing...
The natural evolution of freshly fallen powdery snow to progressively turn into hard, compact snow and then slowly into real ice is well known........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%A9v%C3%A9

Névé  is a young, granular type of snow which has been partially melted, refrozen and compacted, yet precedes the form of ice. This type of snow is associated with glacier formation through the process of nivation.[1] Névé that survives a full season of ablation turns into firn, which is both older and slightly denser. Firn eventually becomes glacial ice – the long-lived, compacted ice that glaciers are composed of.[2] Glacier formation can take days to years depending on freeze-thaw factors.........
Névé has a minimum density of 500 kg/m3...

So no need to invoke sloped house roofs or snow ploughs on at the side on roads that were not in the area around the cedar.

Some deceptive photos that are misleading

The location of the Ravine (= the location of the corpses of the "ravine's Four" remained totally unknown until May 4 or 5, 1959.
(what is certain is that the Den was found before the Ravine).

According to Askenadzi :
https://dyatlovpass.com/askinadzi?rbid=18461
• On the discovery of the Den :
...These branches, as it were, indicated the path from the chopped fir-trees to the ravine [in fact it was the Den]. It turned out that the hikers cut off the branches and dragged them into the ravine [the Den], losing some debris of the branches along the way. Where the path ended, there we started digging. The snow was wet, caked. We cut down blocks and took them out. That’s how we found the den. With trembling hands - thinking that we will now find the guys - we scooped up the snow. When we saw an empty den, it became very painful. Where are they? ......

• On the discovery of the Ravine :
...We had professional emergency avalanche probes designed to search for bodies. There is a hook at the end. It is necessary to poke, turn and pull it back. Mostly we pulled moss with the hook. And then I took out the probe and saw a piece of meat on the hook ....

Mihail Sharavin as well as  Vladimir Borzenkov   have failed to identify the location of the area "Den-Ravine".
https://dyatlovpass.com/controversy?flp=1#ravine
https://dyatlovpass.com/ravine-borzenkov

This explains why there are still photos that evoke some kind of ice cliff which are therefore misleading because they have nothing to do with the DPI.

Forget these misleading photos

The correct location of the Den-Ravine recovered after 1959

According to what I could read (or understand) on the present website of [/b]Teddy[/b], it is Shura Alekseenkov and Sasha KAN who have finally really located the Den-Ravine in 2011 and 2016.

https://dyatlovpass.com/ravine-alekseenkov-and-kan
https://dyatlovpass.com/ravine

Schematic plan of the area

Photos of the Den in the background and the Ravine in the foreground (but only) during summer 2016 from shura and Sacha.

Here are a few troublesome questions about the collapse theory

--- Quote from: Ziljoe on May 23, 2022, 03:16:15 PM ---              Reply #83
Depending on how the snow and wind fell
at the ravine, I believe that the snow could easily make a snow bridge . It happens in nature , the stream could still run free underneath any snow.

--- End quote ---

I did not understand exactly the scenario that you ( Ziljoe ) are defending.

It seems to me that you are inspired by the wolverine theory that Igor B exposes in the 112 pages of discussion on the website
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133

There are today, May 29, 2022, 2231 posts unfortunately in Russian.

But thankfully Ziljoe offered us a quick summary.

Ziljoe  : Theories Discussion -> General Discussion -> They were NOT crushed by snow  March 25, 2021, 10:24:15 PM - Reply #41
https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=858.msg14426#msg14426

« From what I can astatine and in a very basic explanation , the ravine 4 were possibly the first to die. The area is very different today than how it was 60 years ago with vegetation. The nature of the wind would blow the snow over the ravine. (Igor shows an example photo) . It is possible that there was a natural snow cave over the ravine. It is suggested that the may have dug out some more snow and made the roof of the cave too flat which makes it more likely to collapse. The reason they are found the way they were is because they were sheltering themselves and using the coats to cover each other, or sharing them. It doesn't mean they were lying in the stream and there may have been some migration of the bodies when the thawing started.

If there was a couple of meters of snow above them and it collapsed , it could explain the broken ribs and maybe the eyes being forced out as Dona has suggested. Igor B explains a lot of this and why there are less damage to their hands and why only one side of the ribs are broken. Igor B explains the nature of the snow in a collapse and how it becomes harder and more compact.

It was identified at the time of digging them out  that the snow was hard».

Please note that the judgement of Askenadzi is interesting here:
«I do not think they could have dug a hole and a cave with their bare hands. They may have trampled a small pit for the den, and after that it snowed on top. The depth is about right...».

•••
In a nutshell, the theory of Igor B explains well the exit from the tent but does not convince me on the issue of the causes of the injuries of the 9 hikers commented by Tumanov.

•••
- How to explain the natural formation, on February 1, of a cave or an arch (snow bridge) large enough to hold 4 people ?

In my opinion, the water that could, perhaps, flow under the snow, on February 1, would produce a quite insufficient space.

There would be at most 1 cm between the ceiling of hardened snow (almost ice) and the water (at the temperature of melting ice i.e. 0° C) that would flow underneath.

•••
About the hypothetical voluntary displacement of 7 meters of the "ravine's Four" which leave the Den to go and settle at the Ravine.

- Who built the Den's four branch beds? Was it not the "ravine's Four" on the initiative of Zolotaryov ?

- Why build these 4 beds of branches, which certainly required time and effort since the "ravine's Four" had no tools and only one pair of gloves ?

- Why would they want to leave the 4 beds of branches ?

- How, probably in complete darkness, did they hope to find a better protected place ?

- Why would the "ravine's Four" have chosen this particularly unsuitable place since there was a waterfall of 70 centimeters high ?

- Why was Dubinina found, on May 5, in a position in the direction of the current, thus perpendicular to the three others that were across ?

- Why, after having chosen to settle in this hypothetical cellar that they considered safer, did the ceiling suddenly collapse on them ?

- ...etc.

(On the contrary with my criminal theory TOKEB (Tumanov + Oestmoen + Kandr + EBE + BottledBrunette) all these questions, and others, disappear since they are not even posed ! ).

Practical warning: as my Reply #84 is too long, I will add later some instructive pictures for the aspect of the Den-Ravine which are provided by Igor B on the website :    http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version