April 27, 2024, 12:45:23 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Wishing for a drone's view of the 1079  (Read 2250 times)

February 02, 2024, 01:02:58 PM
Read 2250 times

GlennM

I went just now to Dyatlov Pass.com and watched the drone footage of Boot Rock. I immediately thought that of an English and Russian captioned winter and summer movie was made starting at the labaz and termnating at the helicopter clearing where the bodies were taken, it would be such a help.

Maps are OK but limited. Still photos of the case files are hard to make out at times. It seems nobody has enhanced them through software. Since we are biologically equipped to see color better than black and white, colorizing the stills might be very revealing. Too, case files and anecdotal testimony are lacking if the reader has insufficient references or scaffolding on which to arrange, understand and interpret.

I know there are several dramatizations. The fault with them is that they are storytelling. That implies,a point of view.
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

February 02, 2024, 02:06:31 PM
Reply #1

Ziljoe

https://youtu.be/cY7oDKLJ4JE?si=UnUltP3EW6JYFykE

This is a bit out of date but gives an overview..the slopes seem too steep

The following users thanked this post: GlennM

February 02, 2024, 04:28:14 PM
Reply #2

GlennM

Ziljoe, thanks. The video is good, but dated as you said. I believe so much more could be done. If we could walk in their shoes from the vantage point of a drone, it would be very instructive.
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

February 02, 2024, 10:45:43 PM
Reply #3

Почемучка

...I believe so much more could be done. If we could walk in their shoes from the vantage point of a drone, it would be very instructive.
http://dyatlovpass1959forever.forums.party/viewtopic.php?id=157#p1193

Between was and was not - the river of time. You have to be able to swim - not only in the water ...

The following users thanked this post: GlennM