April 25, 2024, 07:46:37 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: İdeal theories to be carried out through group psychology and personalities  (Read 3877 times)

December 29, 2022, 01:14:16 PM
Read 3877 times

Osi

in the upper plateaus of Auspian; Dyatlov's decisions about his route; Temporary disappearances, waste of time and wasted energy etc. I think the motivation of the group has decreased for some reasons. Your 1 night camping mission without a stove. I've heard that category 3 is one of the main stages of walking. I am sure that the young people in the group will voluntarily comply with this rule. But for Uncle Semyon; This journey should have ended in the most comfortable way and without any difficulty. At the last break; His hand was strengthened against Dyatlova, whose guard had fallen. When Dyatlov marked the hill; Semyon, who had bitter experiences during the war years; He was against spending a night there without a stove. He also made Liyutmila a partner in the opposition. When setting up the tent; They went down into the forest, taking Tibo and Liyutmila with them. Those in the team that set up tents; they had to rely on the mobile veteran Semyon. The aim is to go down to the forest border; It was to take 3-5 logs, some dry branches and water from the valley and return to the tent. Tibo was a crazy kid and loved to play in the snow. While trying to get water, they somersaulted from the rocky floor of the valley with the snow they climbed. Tibo was wounded in the head, and Liyutmila and Semyon in the chest. They were wet and cold. They shout loudly towards the tent. How did they make their voices heard from 1 mile away? I'm not sure. Maybe someone from the tent was curious about them and came to the forest border. The group taking off their wet boots and coats in the tent; He didn't have time to get dressed. Below was a dire situation. When descending, weather conditions. It started to get worse...
A real jolt is better than a wrong balance.

December 29, 2022, 04:12:15 PM
Reply #1

Manti

Tibo was wounded in the head, and Liyutmila and Semyon in the chest. They were wet and cold. They shout loudly towards the tent. How did they make their voices heard from 1 mile away? I'm not sure.
I have done a couple of experiments a while ago and one was about this: testing how far shouting or screaming is audible in a remote forest. There was no blizzard so that might affect things, but according to my test, it's clearly audible from 1 and also 2 miles away.

About the rest: The "Ravine 4" were supposedly wearing some clothing taken from the others, and also Tibo was wearing the watch of one of the Yuris if I remember correctly. This strongly suggests a timeline in which they are uninjured but cold when the Yuris have already passed away.
Other than that, in this situation there would have also been enough time to at least put on or at least grab coats and boots.

But I see where you're coming from, if I was a member of the hiking group, I would have also been really unhappy with the choice of camping stoveless on the slope. Going down to the forest for firewood and water makes perfect sense.

December 29, 2022, 09:13:22 PM
Reply #2

GlennM

It makes sense only if the weather permits it.A fire is needed to melt ice or to boil water. This assumes the gatherers brought a bucket of sorts with them if they were actually bringing water back to the tent.

Shouting will carry a mile or more in still conditions. OK.

It does seem a bit dicey to break up the group and send out a foraging party. I could see that happening if the foraging was done a quarter mile or less. No more than 500 strides from camp, no more.

There was a flashlight found in snow between the tent and the cedar. Not a good thing to lose.

A,foraging expedition would be consistent with footprints showing no obvious impairments, but skis would be faster, at least downhill.

Much to ponder.
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

The following users thanked this post: tenne

December 30, 2022, 08:01:40 PM
Reply #3

ilahiyol

in the upper plateaus of Auspian; Dyatlov's decisions about his route; Temporary disappearances, waste of time and wasted energy etc. I think the motivation of the group has decreased for some reasons. Your 1 night camping mission without a stove. I've heard that category 3 is one of the main stages of walking. I am sure that the young people in the group will voluntarily comply with this rule. But for Uncle Semyon; This journey should have ended in the most comfortable way and without any difficulty. At the last break; His hand was strengthened against Dyatlova, whose guard had fallen. When Dyatlov marked the hill; Semyon, who had bitter experiences during the war years; He was against spending a night there without a stove. He also made Liyutmila a partner in the opposition. When setting up the tent; They went down into the forest, taking Tibo and Liyutmila with them. Those in the team that set up tents; they had to rely on the mobile veteran Semyon. The aim is to go down to the forest border; It was to take 3-5 logs, some dry branches and water from the valley and return to the tent. Tibo was a crazy kid and loved to play in the snow. While trying to get water, they somersaulted from the rocky floor of the valley with the snow they climbed. Tibo was wounded in the head, and Liyutmila and Semyon in the chest. They were wet and cold. They shout loudly towards the tent. How did they make their voices heard from 1 mile away? I'm not sure. Maybe someone from the tent was curious about them and came to the forest border. The group taking off their wet boots and coats in the tent; He didn't have time to get dressed. Below was a dire situation. When descending, weather conditions. It started to get worse...
It's complete bullshit. Semyon was smart, intelligent and realistic. He was not so ignorant as to risk himself or anyone else for his own comfort. And he was a fitness instructor. And he was resilient and he was only 38 years old. He is not very old. And he had military experience. He was used to the cold, hunger and hardship. And the group would choose 100 percent Dytlov during a discussion. They had respect for Semyon too, but they would definitely choose Dytlov. It must have taken them around 13:00 that day to build the stock tent. The group was very tired and they stopped walking that day. Their target was definitely the forest!!! Because you are very tired and there is a little sweat on you!!! In this case, you would never want to set up a tent on the mountain slope!!! You want to spend a comfortable night in the forest!!! I think everyone understood... But whatever happened, they couldn't camp in the forest!!!..... And they had to go up the mountainside!!! Although they are very tired......This is the biggest secret of this case!!!!

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba, Manti

December 30, 2022, 09:47:07 PM
Reply #4

GlennM

tired......This is the biggest secret of this case!!!!

Perhaps the group was more concerned with speed than comfort. Perhaps staying above the treeline would get them to the lake faster. At that elevation, perhaps they could hike, not ski. What do you think?

December 31, 2022, 02:19:02 AM
Reply #5

Почемучка

Perhaps the group was more concerned with speed than comfort. Perhaps staying above the treeline would get them to the lake faster. At that elevation, perhaps they could hike, not ski. What do you think?
Именно так, на том уровне был плотный наст, не было глубокого снега и передвижение могло пойти без лыж. Это безусловно быстрее. Ну только лыжи тащить. Они поэтому и сложили все лыжи под палатку. Может решили, что сбегают на Отортен и без лыж, а лагерь пусть так и стоит с дежурными.

That's right, at that level there was a dense crust, there was no deep snow and movement could go without skis. It's definitely faster. Well, just drag the skis. That's why they put all the skis under the tent. Maybe they decided that they would run away to Otorten without skis, and let the camp stand like that with the guards.
Between was and was not - the river of time. You have to be able to swim - not only in the water ...

December 31, 2022, 02:24:54 AM
Reply #6

Osi

Why did they decide to walk on the mountain slope? There is no need to produce excessive reasons for this. Of course the snow topography. There was a sheet-like cover as they made their way through Auspia. As the elevation increased, the riverbed narrowed and they witnessed rough terrain. The biggest problem in the passage; due to snow blown from the hills next to the existing land snow cover; It was a lot of stack. This means that you cannot go to Otorten by a horizontal route from the forest border and a few hundred meters inland. They tried. But heavy load, deep snow, icy gorge ridge. They had to come back. They prepared the warehouse. With a lighter load, they headed for the slope with no snow depth.

December 31, 2022, 03:11:08 AM
Reply #7

Manti

That's right, at that level there was a dense crust, there was no deep snow and movement could go without skis. It's definitely faster.
Hmm, walking is faster than skiing? Normally, this is not the case but if it was faster for the Dyatlov group, please tell us why.

This means that you cannot go to Otorten by a horizontal route from the forest border and a few hundred meters inland. They tried. But heavy load, deep snow, icy gorge ridge. They had to come back.

In the diaries, it's not really explained why they turned back. Maybe the inference that can be made is that they wanted to set up a labaz and the ridge was not suitable, so they went back to the forest around Auspiya. (But why not forward to Lozva?). There are photos they made on the ridge before turning back. They were on skis. When skiing, it doesn't matter how deep the snow is, you're on top of it. Ice however, is a problem. You can't slide (unless the ice is smooth, but that  happens only on lakes. And then you need skates not skis). So what was the problem that didn't allow them to cross?

They had to come back. They prepared the warehouse. With a lighter load, they headed for the slope with no snow depth.

No snow depth is a problem. You can't ski on frozen ground, much less on rocks. But again, we have photos of them skiing up the slope. So, I don't understand your point.

Did they want to walk instead of ski? If so, then choosing the higher ground with less deep / harder snow makes sense. But we know they skied because of the photos. Or, are you saying that their load was so heavy that they couldn't ski in deep snow, because they sank into it? But from the diaries it looks like they went back to the area with the deepest snow to set up the labaz. I'm not disagreeing with you just asking for more information

December 31, 2022, 03:38:42 AM
Reply #8

Osi

Whatever they see as they look out over the gorge to the Lozva valley and force them to turn back (troop/ agents/ spirit entity/ yeti/ mansi hunters/ ufo) the only way to escape from them is to return from Auspiya to vizhai. on the contrary, it allows you to be overtly observed. When you look at the slope from all the valleys of Lozva, you can even see a black soccer ball rolling. That's why I buy into the notion that the only reason they come back is because of difficulty in progress.

December 31, 2022, 03:50:03 AM
Reply #9

Manti

You are being logical.

But maybe what they saw wasn't a threat that would follow them, just something to avoid and go around? Or maybe you are right... maybe the ridge was rocky and not skiable. I just cannot see how it can be any worse than the route they then take the next day. Although that also didn't seem to work out well...

December 31, 2022, 05:29:00 AM
Reply #10

GlennM

Could it be that the loss of a day on the tour means a day less food for nine people? To make up for the loss of resources, perhaps making the trek to the lake and Otorten by foot was more efficient than going to the trees and deeper snow in the valley. Therefore, camping on the slope on 1079 makes practical sense. It was stated you can see a soccer ball at a distance, so certainly, the tent could be seen if the hikers wanted to go to Otorten and back in one day. Too, even if they packed the tent for the lake, they would save energy by keeping to the high ground.

They climbed up the Auspira valley to cross over the pass. Why on earth would they want to lose that advantage of altitude on 1079?

December 31, 2022, 06:02:25 AM
Reply #11

Manti

Could it be that the loss of a day on the tour means a day less food for nine people? To make up for the loss of resources, perhaps making the trek to the lake and Otorten by foot was more efficient than going to the trees and deeper snow in the valley. Therefore, camping on the slope on 1079 makes practical sense. It was stated you can see a soccer ball at a distance, so certainly, the tent could be seen if the hikers wanted to go to Otorten and back in one day. Too, even if they packed the tent for the lake, they would save energy by keeping to the high ground.

They climbed up the Auspira valley to cross over the pass. Why on earth would they want to lose that advantage of altitude on 1079?
Comparing the distances between the two routes:Left: forest / Lozva, right: ridge

The ridge route is slightly longer. Although
  • They might not have realized this
  • It probably involves less elevation loss/gain, will need a tool other than Google Maps to check.
My assumptions: snow depth doesn't matter when skiing. And skiing is faster than walking.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 06:08:12 AM by Manti »

December 31, 2022, 06:15:02 AM
Reply #12

Manti

~23 miles to Otorten and back, if they follow the ridge. I would say it's not walkable in a day, especially if you consider that it was winter and daylight was shorter (sunrise: 9:29, sunset: 5:03 pm)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 06:20:31 AM by Manti »

December 31, 2022, 08:56:55 AM
Reply #13

ilahiyol

~23 miles to Otorten and back, if they follow the ridge. I would say it's not walkable in a day, especially if you consider that it was winter and daylight was shorter (sunrise: 9:29, sunset: 5:03 pm)
They were in no hurry. And the trip was going well. Therefore, they did not have a problem with going over the mountain slope. It was 10 miles from Oterten, a full day's journey. When they got there, they would spend the night there. Then they would arrive at the stock tent again in one day.They were in no hurry. And the trip was going well. Therefore, they did not have a problem with going over the mountain slope. It was 10 miles from Oterten, a full day's journey. When they got there, they would spend the night there. Then they would arrive at the stock tent again in one day. And there's a big difference between walking on a mountainside and skiing in the woods. Because the air is 10 degrees colder on the 1st mountain slope. This reduces your speed by 1 km per hour. 2. There are strong winds on the mountain slope. This will reduce your speed by 1 km per hour. 3. Oxygen is scarce on the mountain slope. This causes you to breathe frequently and get tired quickly. This reduces your speed by about 1km. 4. You will often encounter obstacles (cliffs, large rocks, numerous stones, hills, etc.) on the mountain slope. This will reduce your speed by 1-2 km. In the forest, you only come across trees. And in some places there is deep snow, but you can bypass them. In short, it is possible to walk faster and more comfortably in the forest.  Because the air is 10 degrees colder on the 1st mountain slope. This reduces your speed by 1 km per hour. 2. There are strong winds on the mountain slope. This will reduce your speed by 1 km per hour. 3. Oxygen is scarce on the mountain slope. This causes you to breathe frequently and get tired quickly. This reduces your speed by about 1km. 4. You will often encounter obstacles (cliffs, large rocks, numerous stones, hills, etc.) on the mountain slope. This will reduce your speed by 1-2 km. In the forest, you only come across trees. And in some places there is deep snow, but you can bypass them. In short, it is possible to walk faster and more comfortably in the forest.

December 31, 2022, 09:48:30 AM
Reply #14

ilahiyol

Whatever they see as they look out over the gorge to the Lozva valley and force them to turn back (troop/ agents/ spirit entity/ yeti/ mansi hunters/ ufo) the only way to escape from them is to return from Auspiya to vizhai. on the contrary, it allows you to be overtly observed. When you look at the slope from all the valleys of Lozva, you can even see a black soccer ball rolling. That's why I buy into the notion that the only reason they come back is because of difficulty in progress.
They saw nothing in the forest. But some voices may have been heard. When these voices got louder, they got scared. And they didn't want to stay in the forest any longer. And they decided to climb the mountainside. Anyway, if they had seen something or realized that their lives were in danger, they would first go to the stock tent and try to get lost in the forest from there. But they didn't notice it.

December 31, 2022, 10:00:23 AM
Reply #15

ilahiyol

I've explained before. It seems easier for people to go on the mountain slope as there are no trees. But for many reasons it is more difficult to drive on a mountain slope than through a forest. If you find a straight path in the forest, you will be able to proceed very quickly, very comfortably and in a very fun way. Even if you can't find a straight path, it's still better than going up a mountainside. Mountain slopes can only be preferred when the weather is hot in summer, when there are no strong winds and there are no obstacles such as cliffs, hills, stones, etc. They are definitely not preferred in winter conditions!!!

January 01, 2023, 07:55:03 PM
Reply #16

GlennM

There is the Dyatlov pass and the high pass. They chose the high pass. The Dyatlov pass would have kept them in the forest. It would shelter them from criminals. We have no evidence of a crime. We do have evidence they chose the high ground. The map generously provided informs us that it is a 50/50 split,from camp to Otorten. Thank you,  For all I know,they could very well have gone to the forest on skis after their overnight camp on 1079. I don't know, or particularly care because it did not happen. What happened is they chose the high ground and things got worse overnight. I believe it was natural and it was wind, cold,and snow that drove out seeking a temporary,fire. Comments?

January 02, 2023, 12:08:23 PM
Reply #17

ilahiyol

There is the Dyatlov pass and the high pass. They chose the high pass. The Dyatlov pass would have kept them in the forest. It would shelter them from criminals. We have no evidence of a crime. We do have evidence they chose the high ground. The map generously provided informs us that it is a 50/50 split,from camp to Otorten. Thank you,  For all I know,they could very well have gone to the forest on skis after their overnight camp on 1079. I don't know, or particularly care because it did not happen. What happened is they chose the high ground and things got worse overnight. I believe it was natural and it was wind, cold,and snow that drove out seeking a temporary,fire. Comments?
Making a stock tent(lapaz) is not easy and takes time. We know that the sun rises around 9:15 at the end of January. If the group tries to build the stock tent around 10:00 at the earliest, they will finish the work between 13:00 and 14:00. Of course, this estimate is valid if they have camped around the stock tent. But if they arrive around the stock tent during daylight hours and start doing it later, it will be finished later. So when the group finished their stock tent, the estimated time was around 13:00-14:00. It may be later. And the group was very tired and sweaty. And the weather was also very cold and there was a strong wind. In this case, the group will definitely head towards the forest!!! There is no second option. All of the group were sane, talented and semi-professional people. They were not crazy enough to camp on the slope of the mountain, exhausted and sweaty at -20 degrees. This doesn't seem possible. Very likely they heard something in the forest and they got scared. They may have left the stock tent around 14:00 and set up camp in the forest area around 15:00, but they heard voices and got scared then fled to the mountainside. Then around 16:00 they reached the mountainside and set up camp again. And around 6:00 pm unknown force must have attacked them. The attack was not too late. Because they haven't had their dinner yet. So the attack must have started shortly after they finished the tent and went inside....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 12:25:12 PM by ilahiyol »