March 28, 2024, 08:47:53 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The Yeti Television Program & America  (Read 8886 times)

May 19, 2018, 11:31:53 AM
Read 8886 times

CalzagheChick

Just out of curiosity, does Russia and all other countries in the world think that Americans truly think that mockumentary is Gospel truth about the DPI?

I mean, do non-Americans think that we in America are THAT ridiculous and just stare numbly into our televisions absorbing nonsense like that?

I'm sort of afraid of the answers to that question. But please let me assure any non-Americans that Americans really don't think any of that television garbage is anything more than fantasy fiction. Yes, there are tin foil hat-wearing people all over the country but they are far and few between. Unfortunately the internet gives equal access to all Americans so it goes without saying that the squeaky wheels are generally the loudest of all.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:54:04 PM by CalzagheChick »

May 19, 2018, 11:50:33 AM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
You should talk to one of my buddies....

Everyone knows the yeti kilt em!   shock1

lol1
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

May 19, 2018, 12:12:44 PM
Reply #2

CalzagheChick

You're not helping my argument LC  lol2

May 19, 2018, 02:08:39 PM
Reply #3

Armide

Not Russian but Swiss– I'm afraid to say that kind of? A lot of my purebred European friends that have never set foot in the US believe that all Americans worship and think like Alex Jones. If you ask them they'll probably say that Americans will blame the Russians for everything, so most Europeans might believe that Americans are all about the government conspiracy theory. Wouldn't really know for sure though, I rarely open my conversations with new friends by waffling on about 60-year-old Soviet mysteries  lol1

May 19, 2018, 03:04:47 PM
Reply #4

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Not Russian but Swiss– I'm afraid to say that kind of? A lot of my purebred European friends that have never set foot in the US believe that all Americans worship and think like Alex Jones. If you ask them they'll probably say that Americans will blame the Russians for everything, so most Europeans might believe that Americans are all about the government conspiracy theory. Wouldn't really know for sure though, I rarely open my conversations with new friends by waffling on about 60-year-old Soviet mysteries  lol1

Alex Jones is a legend and a patriot, and he does not believe the Russians are to blame for everything.... thats the demonrats.    lol1
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

May 20, 2018, 06:22:27 AM
Reply #5

Per Inge Oestmoen

I mean, do non-Americans think that we in America are THAT ridiculous and just stare numbly into our televisions absorbing nonsense like that?

I think that there is a major difference between the impressions we often get through the actions of American officialdom and through many mass media, and the real level of awareness and knowledge in the population. I can see no reason to believe that American people are less aware of the nature of societal phenomena than others, nor do individuals like Ernst Mayr, Stephen Jay Gould,  Noam Chomsky and Neil deGrasse Tyson indicate that American academia cannot produce thinkers and competent minds of the highest class. My American friends are not ridiculous people in any way, or at least no more so than Europeans.

By the way, sensational "news" presentations, soap operas and "reality" TV are well known and popular in all of Europe. I guess one could make a case that Europeans are swallowing nonsense as well. But such a picture would of course also be misleading.

May 28, 2018, 04:35:20 PM
Reply #6

CalzagheChick

Let me be fair: I would say the American opinion of the old Soviet countries are pretty much summed up in that stupid movie Eurotrip where the kids accidentally end up in Bratislava, Slovakia.