Victims and Case Files > Witness Testimonies

Testimonies Regarding the Tent

<< < (3/13) > >>

Loose}{Cannon:
If 2 and 3 were connected, this would mean someone managed to cut an elaborate 'S' shape into thick icey canvas for a side departure of 9 adults at waist level.    wink1

I just find it ironic how all three of these 'cuts' have the same curve radius that looks a lot like the curved head of a........  shovel. 

cz:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on May 30, 2018, 05:45:03 PM ---If 2 and 3 were connected, this would mean someone managed to cut an elaborate 'S' shape into thick icey canvas for a side departure of 9 adults at waist level.    wink1

I just find it ironic how all three of these 'cuts' have the same curve radius that looks a lot like the curved head of a........  shovel.

--- End quote ---

It is true. Connecting 2&3 requires an awkward move. Quite unlikely.

I had a similar impression about cut 1. It consists of 3 individual sections, which I thought might have been caused by a shovel head (photo 4). However, two of them start exactly from within another -- no overlap. Unlikely if caused by a shovel. Might be three cuts starting with the right one on photo 4.

And yes. Neither cut have been very useful for an escape.

Mash:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on May 30, 2018, 05:45:03 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Hmmmm..., no  nea1, I don`t think that's ironic. Let me try to explain and do a little experiment: Lay your back on the floor. Put a blanket/cover over you (it's like a tent that fell on you). Lift your arm and make a movement with your finger as if you were cutting the blanket. You will see it would not be a straight line but it would look like a light "C" or a curved head of a shovel.

(My theory is the "snowboard theory" that surprised the group in the tent and this description fits to this experiment).

Hope you understand me... perhaps my english isn`t sometimes very clear  excuseme .

Loose}{Cannon:
Except cut #1 actually is comprised of two separate shovel stabs, and cut #2 the curve direction is opposite of the other two....  and your theory.    wink1

Plus,  cut #2 would require an unrealistic arm length. 

Per Inge Oestmoen:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on May 29, 2018, 08:15:24 PM ---
It is of my opinion that there can be NO declaration based on any substantive evidence the 9 victims ever sliced their way out of the tent to begin with. And along with that, any theory solely based on them having done so is HEAVILY flawed. 

Those who saw the tent after the search students "worked" with it attributed the cuts made by the search students to Igor Dyatlov's group. Then, based on this false "fact", a legend was created that Igor Dyatlov's group cut the tent during their departure.

--- End quote ---

I fully agree with all the above, without any reservations.

There is no reason whatsoever to take for granted that the nine students made the cuts in the tent, and there is even less ground for assuming that they left the tent through these cuts. Is is good that we seem to be able to put that myth to rest once and for all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version