Victims and Case Files > Lyudmila Dubinina

Lyudmila Dubinina's premonition of her tragic death

<< < (3/16) > >>

Loose}{Cannon:
No idea, I just loose interest when I get to 'gouged out eyeballs and ripped out tongue'.   

sabine:

Question:

What was supposed to happen with the diaries after the expedition? What was the normal procedure? Who would read them afterwards? Would they have been routinely archived somewhere?

The more I think about it, the less I believe that Lyuda was "mad as hell" because she suffered from period-related symptoms. It's of course possible - but I have never heard a woman say that she is "mad as hell/ as the devil" because of her period. To me it sounds more as if something very specific made her really angry or furious, and I wonder why Lyuda didn't write down why she was so angry - especially since she accused herself of having a sharp tongue, which seems to imply that she normally didn't hold back her anger.

Teddy:
When the tent was found and everything was transported and reviewed in Ivdel, Lev Ivanov chose to include in the case files only two diaries - the group diary and another one that was named Zina's but it actually wasn't hers. For reference see https://dyatlovpass.com/diaries. The two diaries that were included in the case files (and the propaganda leaflet Evening Otorten №1) were typed and nobody outside the investigation has seen the originals, what do they look like, are they missing pages etc. The criteria for the two chosen diaries is perhaps that they have the latest entries. Nobody has explained why these and not the others, and why did they need to be retyped. The rest of the diaries were given back to the families. When in 1999 the Dyatlov foundation was established most of the document ended with Yuri Kuntsevich, the families just handed all to him.

Teddy:
This interview can give you some idea where her diary went.

sabine:
Thanks Teddy! Will write more about the diary situation later.

Does anyone know what would've happened to the diaries if there had been no disaster and the expedition would've  ended as planned? Would each expedition member have taken home his/her diary as a souvenir or would they have been collected and archived somewhere? Who else than the diary owners would've read them later if everything had gone according to plan?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version