May 14, 2024, 02:10:39 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Is there evidence for outsiders?
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 10:39:53 AM »
I can't say I disagree agree with your observations Glenn. There is a lot of transparency within the case files that would have been shut down or redacted if there was some sort of cover up. .

I'm cautious of the transaction of crumpled pans , but I wait other russian forum members to give a translation.

I am researching the best I can from my perspective from translation. If I understand correctly, for example, the call for more food etc for the searcher's was delayed because of weather, despite their resources and the command was given to use the labaz / cache of the Dyatlov for consumption by the the searcher's. .

Basically, we can't drop of all the supplies at the moment, you have clearance to eat the supplies from the hikers labaz.
« Last post by GlennM on Today at 10:09:15 AM »
Winter Lea correctly states that the presence of someone at the scene does not equate to involvement with the situation. To date, there is nothing to suggest this happened, though Ziljoe speaks to the proximity of Mansi in the area. I suppose the " let dead dogs lie" would be reason enough for observers to keep hands off. Then again, who knows if Mansi according to personal or cultural beliefs, would say something for humanitarian reasons at the time?

So, I turn my attention to those who did affect the scene. The crumpled pan observation does support Teddy's theory, but poses a question. " If crumpled pans were caused by a fallen tree, who in their right mind is going to chop out and move the tent a mile away, leave corpses behind and keep tell tale contents? It is a real problem! Conspirators could not get away with discarding nor replacing the cookery. Their deception is flawed. I think it is a translation error at worst. For me, I put crumpled pans down to a slab slide crushing the tent and what is inside.

Three kinds of evidence are physical, eyewitness and circumstantial. The crushed pans support physical evidence of interlopers tampering. The proximity of Mansi in the area support circumstantial evidence. The absence of eyewitness testimony or diary entries negates it as evidence.  If we are to move the conspiracy needle, these are the three areas to pursue.
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 08:53:39 AM »
It's the first time I've seen reference to crumpled pans. I don't know what that means exactly, or the entries below regarding the bodies, then logs? He could mean frozen I suppose.

It seems he is refering to chopping the way into the tent also, and then we have the broken pole / skipole . Is that him implying they broke a ski pole on digging the tent?

As ever, this mystery has a perpetual duality about everything written and a frustrating timeline.
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 08:19:57 AM »
Yes, this is what it says, I have it too. I was searching only in the case files. Fits my theory.

« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 08:10:31 AM »
G. K. GRIGORIEV "SNOWSTORM IN THE MOUNTAINS" - 1 scan 42
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 08:05:08 AM »
You are not cross checking with my translation when you find something like that?

No idea, but sometimes the grammar can give a very different perspective to an interpretation.  So in one version it says this

Version 1:

Belongings of the dead: Comrades are standing near the items. Boots, fur clothes. 3-4 blankets in a pile(?). Jacket of Kolya Thibault. Slippers Zina Kolmogorova, stove, crumpled pans (?). Saw in a case.

Dogs what?

- apparently deeply overwhelmed. We have to chop with an ax. Corpses are like bones, logs. A ski pole is broken(???)

Version 2 :

Belongings of the dead: Comrades are standing near the things. Boots, fur items. 3-4 blankets per group(?). Jacket Kolya Thibault. Zina Kolmogorova's slippers, stove, crumpled fire pans(?). Saw in a case.

- What about dogs?

- apparently deeply buried. The ax chops. Corpses are like bones, logs. The stick is broken. (???)

« Last post by Teddy on Today at 07:59:14 AM »
You are not cross checking with my translation when you find something like that?
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 07:35:49 AM »
I am trying to read the case files in Russian translation and sometimes get different translations , one for example says that the pans or cookingiron were crumpled ?. A small detail but could shed some light .

The word "crumpled" is used about the blankets and the tent.
Point me towards where it says crumpled cookware, please.

I will have a look, take me a wee bit as it's in the case files using the Russian text then auto translate on my page.
« Last post by Teddy on Today at 07:22:03 AM »
I am trying to read the case files in Russian translation and sometimes get different translations , one for example says that the pans or cookingiron were crumpled ?. A small detail but could shed some light .

The word "crumpled" is used about the blankets and the tent.
Point me towards where it says crumpled cookware, please.
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 06:15:40 AM »
It is a general question and a thread where others might have come across something that triggers an observation.

For example , we have the puttee found at the tent , this is questioned as being military but we also know that one of the hikers used  puttees when skiing.

We know there were Mansi close by. Depending on how I interpret the reports it seems they were in the vicinity of 1- 10km , herding or hunting. 

There is also the question of what kind of evidence would outsiders leave behind or what could they cover up. I reason that it would not be an easy task for outsiders to be heavily involved without leaving evidence or traces . It's an open question and obviously some would say the injuries are enough evidence .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10