Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Poisoned while up a mountain - what do you do?

<< < (2/3) > >>

GlennM:
Holy cats!  You have really sunk your teeth into this one. Your theory must be logical, plausible and truthful. It will be challenged. What tends to happen when pet theories get attacked is that the pet owners become more protective..Further, those who attack frequently use a blunt object ( are you listening T×÷#/)?

I suggest you look at those autopsy reports and check for tox screening.
Also, hypothesize the difference in behaviors if less than the whole cohort were affected.

Good luck.

eurocentric:

--- Quote from: GlennM on February 04, 2023, 08:01:12 AM ---Holy cats!  You have really sunk your teeth into this one. Your theory must be logical, plausible and truthful. It will be challenged. What tends to happen when pet theories get attacked is that the pet owners become more protective..Further, those who attack frequently use a blunt object ( are you listening T×÷#/)?

I suggest you look at those autopsy reports and check for tox screening.
Also, hypothesize the difference in behaviors if less than the whole cohort were affected.

Good luck.

--- End quote ---

Not me, I'm not that precious and only look to the logical merits and demerits in all DPI theories. I've tried to develop one which strings together all their actions and their injuries, but I am not saying it's the immutable truth.

The only toxicology autopsy reports were for alcohol.

Manti:
If it was something waterbourne: Didn't the searchers drink from the same source? Yet there were no reports of them getting sick.

It might be that the contamination was temporary and cleared up by the time the search began but how likely is that? Another possibility that I have been considering lately is that we have the locations off... Maybe the cedar was in the next valley. And the searchers in fact camped in the Lozva valley, I made this rudimentary map to explain:

Perhaps.... the "cedar" was actually in the valley of the 3rd tributary of Lozva. And the searchers actually camped in the valley of the 4th tributary, that is more commonly believed to be where the cedar was. Why? Teddy found a pipe that was most likely used as the chimney of the searchers' tent... in valley 4 of Lozba, not the Auspiya valley.

So it might be that the Dyatlov group drank from the contaminated Auspiya, but the searchers drank from the clean Lozva?
If if was foodbourne: Wasn't the food found in their cache eaten by the searchers? Again no reports of any ill effect. But maybe only 1 tin was contaminated that the Dyatlovites took with them on their way to Otorten and the rest was fine?

tenne:
"My focus would be on dealing with this immediate life-threatening crisis rather than thinking ahead of how I'd face the cold afterwards, especially when I felt so feverish,"

-This is a very good point. I have had a high enough fever I was hallucinating and I walked in -25 to the hospital without the proper winter wear (it was only 2 blocks away) because I was so over heated and out of it. I never thought of it in this context

Back to the drawing board

MDGross:
Eurocentric, Perhaps they didn't fill canteens/water containers with river water. Maybe they melted snow each night for drinking water. Each member of the Dyatlov group had considerable hiking experience. Surely they were aware of the risk involved with drinking water directly from a river.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version