Victims and Case Files > Aleksander Kolevatov

Alexander Kolevatov

(1/4) > >>

Teddy:

Born on Nov. 16, 1934, Russian Federation

A student of nuclear physics, he was a 4th year student as a Physics Major at the UPI University. Prior to moving to Sverdlovsk he finished the Sverdlovsk Mining and Metallurgy College majoring in metallurgy of heavy nonferrous metals. He distinguished himself as a good student and moved to Moscow to work in the secret institute of the Ministry of Medium Machine Building that was called merely by its serial number of I 3394. Later he moved to the Research Institute of Inorganic Materials that was engaged in producing materials for the growing nuclear industry. In 1956 he moved back to Sverdlovsk and joined UPI. He was a cautious, studious person who enjoyed smoking antique pipes. His friends described him as diligent, pedantic, and methodical with clear leadership qualities.

He wasn’t like the simple people of Sverdlovsk; he’d lived and worked in Moscow for three years. ‘Sasha’ Kolevatov smoked a pipe with good tobacco and was always very tidy. He was the last cherished child of a couple with four daughters, who were eager to have a boy. Their dream came true in 1934 when his mother was already forty. Unfortunately his father died when Kolevatov was only ten.
Kolevatov proved to be very bright, and though he went to a very ordinary college in Sverdlovsk, he earned himself a prestigious, well-paid job in Moscow, with which he was able to support his elderly, now handicapped, mother. Russian people generally tend to relocate from a province to the capital, not the other way around, so it was a rather strange move to leave this interesting and lucrative job and return to Sverdlovsk.

Jan 30 had a special meaning for Kolevatov - he celebrated his birthday on that date. If a person chooses a different date for his birthday that is usually because of a strong affection or live changing event that happened on that date. If this cautious, studious, private and sensible man chose to celebrate on Jan 30, we will respect his wish as did his friends in the treacherous Ural mountain in 1959.

He was 24 years old when he died. Kolevatov is buried on May 12, 1959, in Mikhailovskoe Cemetery, Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia.

CalzagheChick:
I find him so insanely attractive.

WAB:

--- Quote from: Teddy on January 30, 2018, 01:34:57 AM ---
Born on Nov. 16, 1934, Russian Federation

A student of nuclear physics, he was a 4th year student as a Physics Major at the UPI University. Prior to moving to Sverdlovsk he finished the Sverdlovsk Mining and Metallurgy College majoring in metallurgy of heavy nonferrous metals. He distinguished himself as a good student and moved to Moscow to work in the secret institute of the Ministry of Medium Machine Building that was called merely by its serial number of I 3394. Later he moved to the Research Institute of Inorganic Materials that was engaged in producing materials for the growing nuclear industry. In 1956 he moved back to Sverdlovsk and joined UPI.
............, he earned himself a prestigious, well-paid job in Moscow, with which he was able to support his elderly, now handicapped, mother. Russian people generally tend to relocate from a province to the capital, not the other way around, so it was a rather strange move to leave this interesting and lucrative job and return to Sverdlovsk.

Jan 30 had a special meaning for Kolevatov - he celebrated his birthday on that date. If a person chooses a different date for his birthday that is usually because of a strong affection or live changing event that happened on that date. If this cautious, studious, private and sensible man chose to celebrate on Jan 30, we will respect his wish as did his friends in the treacherous Ural mountain in 1959.

--- End quote ---

I have 4 remarks under this text:
1.“ Еhe secret institute “, and “serial number of I 3394” it is the same firm. The name “Research Institute of Inorganic Materials” it is simply more later name of the same institute.
I ask excuse me if I have not correctly understood sense written by you.
2.Kolevatov has left to Sverdlovsk to relatives because he lived in Moscow one and it had complexities in his life. In addition he agreed that passes from remote training in Moscow to the valid training in UPI.
3.No serious prospects in Moscow he no existing. He worked on the lowest scientific post, and training at university UPI gave to his chance to make good career. Payment in Moscow according to its post was small. Therefore it so has easily left to Sverdlovsk.
4.January, 30th was not a special meaning for Kolevatov. It is an error of the one who wrote that unknown diary as badly knew all members of his group. On January, 29th there was a birthday Yury Doroshenko. Probably them have mixed among themselves.

Alexander's birthday is on November, 16th, 1934
You have written it in the very first line
Here is fragment of its biography written by him at receipt to university UPI:

In translation it is means:
“I, Kolevatov Alesandr Sergeevich {in Russian it Sergeevich is designates name of his father – Sergey.  It is added to children`s second name addition transcription “- евич (in Russian)” - for men, or “- евна(in Russian)” - for women. And do cleaning letter of “й(in Russian)”” [at it there are no analogues letter in Latin or English] - it is my specification} was born November, 16th, 1934 at Sverdlovsk- city in clerk`s family ….” (c)

You have written it in the very first line . It is correct.

Vietnamka:
Alexandr Kolevtov. This talking more about "feeling", not documents. My main problem - I don't feel him, I can not create an image of him and predict where we can find additional information and documents.

He was born 1934 in Saverdlovsk. The 5th  or 6th child (one girl died in childhood) and only one boy in the family, the last one.  Sasha was a poor health kid at that time, All his sisters loved him  a lot. They live in the privet hous in the center of Sverdlovsk, his father had a very good position - financial director (главный бухгалтер) of some factories. The people like his father will have been killed first in 1937. But his father not, in 1938 he moved to Gulag as a financial director of one of the factories in Tavda. Family moved to this place too.
May be it was a good disigion to save а life. In Gulag, but not prisoner. Of cause he was a member of elite group there, but surroundings of his family changed a lot. Guardians are different from prisoners only because the can kill. Prisoners can be killed.
Sasha didn't go to school, his elder sister Rimma took care about him. She will has became  a  famous teacher in future,  developing a special education  programs for kids with behavior problems.
  1941 - war started. This camp in Gulag where Kolevatov's stay, became on of the first gulag camp for German too and one of the most horrible camps. But it still "ok" for Kolevatov's family if it possible to say "ok" in this situation. At least they had food enough for surviving.
 But suddenly everything crushed. His father was found dead on the railway line killed by a train. No investigation of his death has been done.
What did it mean for family? They lost everything. 3  elder sister left Tavda already but Sasha, Rimma and mother were there. They lost social position immediately, but more important- food. The mather  was sick and couldn't  work. All of them were from the group of "dependent", due to "food card" system they got 200g per day per person, 1,2 kg of fish or meat per month per person, 1-2 kg of grain per month which can be change for potato during winter season. They went to a hell. Sasha was almost 10 years old. How did he accept this situation?
   After the war ended only they come back to Sverdlovsk. Rimma has been admitted to the Institute and start to work as a taecher in primary school, Sasha  went to a school. All of them shared one small room in the institute campus which Rimma got as a student. They were very poor. Sasha studied not well. He had high score in German language only. Why did he know German English well? No idea. May be he communicated with a German prsionrs in Gulag. He graduated secondary school (grade 7) and went to the College. College provided not only professional skills, but uniform and additional food card. He didn't study well 1st and 2nd years.
And he changed his mind suddenly - joined to Komsomol and improved all his scores.
(Let me continue a bit later)

Vietnamka:

--- Quote --- he went to a very ordinary college in Sverdlovsk
--- End quote ---
its true. It was very ordinary College

--- Quote ---he earned himself a prestigious, well-paid job in Moscow
--- End quote ---
This is not true. Not  " earned himself".
Education in the USSR was free of charge, but each graduate was required to work for 3 years after graduation in nominated place. Someone decided to send him o Moscow to work in the secret institute of the Ministry of Medium Machine Building. This decision was made almost a year before the graduation of College.
We know that six months before the graduation, he had already passed a securtyl check in Moscow and was approved.

Ordinary boy from ordinary College with ordinary  performance. Someone recomended and protected him and gave advices,  one of which was to immediately join the Komosol - Young Communist League. t was the final stage of three youth organizations with members up to age 28, graduated at  age 14 from the Young Pioneers.
You couldnt join Kommunist Perty without passing all the stages. You couldnt  make a career without being a communist.

--- Quote ---age 14
--- End quote ---
All members of Dyatlov's group joined Komsomol at age 14, as soon as it was allowed. Sasha at age 18, during passing a security check   "in the secret institute'.

(to be continued)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version