Genesis > Introductions

Ladies And Gents, This Is Your Admin Speaking

<< < (2/3) > >>

CalzagheChick:
Whatever, LC. You and I have actually been doing some really great work in the last two days not involving any of the things that went on. I can't believe the things we are finding in the nooks and cranies of the internet right now.

Loose}{Cannon:
IM SORRY!    cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2 cry2

CalzagheChick:
I can say without hesitation that I would much rather be reading a book written by Teddy than any of the titles associated heavily with the DPI.

Vietnamka:

--- Quote ---. it was because I had written on the site that he had golden teeth so I had to go all over the sources and see who said it, where did I take it from, because everything on this case is copied from somewhere. The heroism is to find a good source, that's all. The golden teeth were all over the internet. Every site mentions it. It took me days to track it down to Sogrin
--- End quote ---
If you didn't find yet.
Original source is https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/fond-dyatlov/album/261442/view/518153?page=1
It is not Sogrin's memories (Natalya made mistake), its Bogomolov's, member of Sogrin's group.

вдруг Сергей привел в комнату довольно необычного человека с кавказской внешностью и представил:-Семен Золотарев, просится в наш поход! - Зовите меня просто Саша,- сказал этот кавказский Семен, сверкнув фиксами, что для нас тоже было непривычным. Семен был значительно, лет на пятнадцать, старше нас но мы не придали этому значения"

You can translate better than me.
Bogomolov used the word "фиксами" that means "crowns" (plural). It's criminal slang.  He didn't mention from which metal  crowns made. But in criminals, as a ground of membership, were very popular golden "фиксы".
I don't know way everybody decide that Semen had a golden tooth  bang1

Teddy:
We can say "фиксы" is caps. Speaking of the golden teeth I copied it from Rakitin interesmir.ru "He was single, which looked rather unusual for that time, had tattoos and gold false teeth (the latter indicated the prosperity of their owner, in those years the main material of dental prostheses was steel)" but the book is known to have other misleading information which he doesn't care to fix. On this page for example there are photos of the tent that he says were found in the cameras of the dead tourists while "my sources" said (because I had the photos up) these photos are from the earlier hike (1957 or 58). They were posted by Koskin but originally they are from the Dubinin's family archive. Here are some details. 

Going back to the golden teeth I said Sogrin because I heard Tatyana in "In fact" ("На самом деле"). I also had on my site a photo of Alexey Rakitin. It was very hard to find a photo of him so I was very proud of myself.

Galina (aka Vietnamka) send me a mail

Dear Teddy, it is not Alexey Rakitin!)))
It is the Russian singer  https://studio57.ru/2015/01/aleksejj-rakitin-plastika-banev/))))))
Nobody has seen  Rakitin and nobody knows how he looks like))) but he is not young and "Rakitin" is not his real name.

Since then I had always who to ask about things. What's "Краги", have any of the tourists been on the pass before, how were they signaling back to the helicopters, could that been mistaken for dead bodies, about Korotaev, about Ivanov, about Kizilov, how the tent was buttoned, were the skis under the tent upside down and it goes on.

Now to the rest of the readers - I do like to have information brought to me on a silver platter. The Russian expression is on a platter with blue border.
Ostap Bender in "Golden Calf" says: "I will arrange it so that he will bring his money to me on a silver platter with blue border!"

I like that, I like that a lot. Don't spoil it for me. Don't do this

Think of how you can benefit from Galina stopping by - she is a walking encyclopedia about the case. And she is contributing unsolicited information "on a plate with blue border" (на блюдечке с голубой каёмочкой). Don't kick the plate while I am eating, please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version