Theories Discussion > Catabatic Wind - Acute Stress Reaction - Cold Air Drops

Acute Stress Reaction

<< < (3/4) > >>

Lupos:
My coming report will provide detailed evidence for all claims. About 50 pictures will contribute to this.
No incomprehensible formulae will be used.

All additional information will be explained and attached as an appendix.
The detailed report will appear here, in German, English and possibly in Russian. When I find someone to help me.

ABSTRACT:

An Anticyclone from the "Barent Sea" reached the Urals on 31.1.1959.
Around 11 p.m. local time, the Anticyclone reached the "Pechora Sea" and came under the influence of high pressure.
Extremely cold air of -40°C to -50°C, which flowed in from North Siberia at 5 000 m to 10 000 m altitude, sank vertically to the Earth's surface as a result. This is called "Cold-Air-Drop".
This area had a size of about 500 km.
How a cold-air drop is created is symbolically shown in this film. In winter it appears without clouds.
https://www.wetteronline.de/wetter-videos/2018-05-15-kt
The film is self-explanatory so that the German language is not important in the film.

On 01.02.1959 at about 5 p.m. local time, the falling "Cold-Air" is near the "Kholat". With increasing high-pressure influence, the cold air expands to the South-West and reaches a dimension of about 800 km. The weather stations from the North-Coast to South of the "Kholat" register the cold air demonstrably.
Incorrectly, the advance of the low temperatures is interpreted as a „Cold Front" close to the ground.
This is clearly contradicted by the wind. The ground winds from 1.2.1959 to 2.2.1959 only point South with a component of 20 km/h maximum. On 2.2.1959 around 5 a.m. local time even with a crosswind.

A much discussed „Cold-Front-Speed" of around 55 km/h close to the ground is therefore completely impossible.
In a Russian forum this were confirmed.
The group reached the campsite around late afternoon of 1.2.1959. At the campsite, the wind of the general weather situation increased to 15 m/s by to the Bernoulli-Effect and the temperature dropped to around -20°C caused by the altitude.
The group expected a wind speed of 15 m/s (+/- 10 m/s) and temperatures of -20°C (+/- 5°C) overnight.
This normally was no problem for the group.

It is important to know that a human body produces 40 watts. 9 people can increase the temperature in the tent by more than +15°C if there is no wind and the tent is intact.
Therefore, one would not expect less than - 10°C in the tent. It should be quite clear that otherwise the group would have spent the night in the valley.

But the tent was not intact. Therefore, the conditions changed for the worse.
Around </= 1% of the tent canvas had holes or rope-stitches.
In a storm, a tent flutters about 15 000 times in one hour. The free ends of the cracks in the tent wall oscillate in the audible range.
But the largest part of the air volume of 3-4 m3, oscillate with about 4-5 forced-oscillations per second (4-5 Hz = Infrasonic-Frequency-Range) with a result, there was a strong exchange of air with the outside air. This leads to a "Wind-Chill-Effect" in the tent.

Around 7 pm local time, a "Katabatic Wind" is generated by extremely cooled North-Western hillsides in the western "Pre-Valley" of the Kholat.
The wind speed caused by the inflow of air masses and Bernoulli-Effect at the "Kholat", increases the wind to 35 m/s (+/- 5 m/s) at the tent site. The temperature suddenly drops to -25°C to -30°C.
(Both values were also measured by Dr. Borzenkov (WAB) during an expedition (27.1.2015) and are not unusual at "Kholat" in winter).
R. Holmgren measured a temperature of -43°C in his tent at the campsite of the "Dyatlov group" shortly after he entering it at around 5 pm on 1 February 2019.
(R. Holmgren has completed a film with "Swedish Television" about his "Kholat Expedition" from 27 to 29 January 2019.   There I present my latest research on a "Cold Air Drop" that came from 5 000m to 10 000m under the influence of high pressure.)

The American journalist (Joshua Gates) with his USA film team include "Teddy" from "Dyatlov-Pass-Forum" describes the evening on Kholat (09.2.2019) as - 35°C and feeling like - 55°C.

In a tent without damage, the Dyatlov-Group could have survived wind speeds of  35 m/s  and temperatures of maximum -30 °C due to body heat. Now, however, the temperature inside the tent drops to -38°C due to the damage. Outside, wind chill brings it down to -45°C.

Around 9 p.m. local, the "Cold-Drop" suddenly breaks through the altitude of 1000 m (Kholat) with extremely cold air of -40°C to -50°C. Inside the tent, the felt temperature dropped to -60°C as result.

In "Nyaksymvol/Burmantovo" -28.8°C was measured in the night of 1/2 February, at an altitude of 170 m, which confirms my data because the air warms up on the descent.
Even without the additional cold blast, the group would have had to leave the tent after a short time to go to the lower valley, with practically no wind and with about -20°C. There, survival without the "Cold-Drop" might have been possible.

The group left the tent, as one can read from the official reports, without optimal clothing and tools.

It can be explained by necessity that the group tried to leave the tent as quickly as possible through knife cuts due to the shock of the cold.
But it is absolutely inexplicable why individuals did not take a few tools and warm clothing with them, even if they did not put it on immediately.

"Acute-Stress-Reaktion", i.e. short-term Psychic Shock and Escape Reaction in individual group members, are highly probable and can explain the sometimes-incomprehensible leaving of the tent.

This behavior would not be unusual, especially since every year thousands of people in every country in the world show the same symptoms in deadly distress and life-threatening crisis situations.

https://icd.who.int/browse10/2016/en#/F40-F48.
(Especially F43)

In the valley, the "High-Altitude-Cold-Air" displaced the -20°C air stored there. The temperature dropped to < -40°C without wind influence.

The group members died. Also, the completely clothed persons.

The disaster had consequently 3 important nature problems.
The "Katabatic Wind“, the "Acute-Stress-Reaction" and the "Cold-Air-Drop" from altitude.
In addition, there were 2 human factors.
The choice of the campsite and the bad condition of the tent.

marieuk:
I look forward to reading your article.  The more I think about everything the more my head hurts!  how they left the tent and ended up by the cedar tree etc just doesn't seem to add up.  As you state, if it was due solely to the weather then surely they would have grabbed things to take with them as they left?  If something had scared them, then why would they stand outside before walking down the slope?  SarapUK says some of them died with terror on their faces - what would cause them to look so scared?  So many questions. 

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: marieuk on December 29, 2020, 01:17:43 PM ---I look forward to reading your article.  The more I think about everything the more my head hurts!  how they left the tent and ended up by the cedar tree etc just doesn't seem to add up.  As you state, if it was due solely to the weather then surely they would have grabbed things to take with them as they left?  If something had scared them, then why would they stand outside before walking down the slope?  SarapUK says some of them died with terror on their faces - what would cause them to look so scared?  So many questions.

--- End quote ---

We dont how long they were outside the Tent before going downhill. People with terror etched onto their faces are usually facing imminent danger. Danger of death for instance. Be it Human or Animal of some kind or even Alien or maybe an Object of some kind.

marieuk:
ok thank you Sarapuk. that's interesting to know that it could be the knowledge of an impending death and not just seeing something terrifying.

Lupos:
This is the 2nd ABSTRACT.

The full article will be edited further.
If necessary, I will renew the abstract 2023 and insert it here with another link. Absolut Virus free. A German T-Online Cloud.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version