Factual Information > Materials Modern

New Press Conference

<< < (4/12) > >>

Marchesk:
This is BS. That slope isn't avalanche prone according to everything I've read and heard about the case. They wouldn't run downhill from an oncoming avalanche, and the footprints indicated they walked. If all nine of them decided to stop at the cedar tree to make a fire, how come it was so small and was allowed to burn out? Did they really sit around and wait for the two Yuris to freeze to death before going back uphill with some of their clothing? Why would three of them decide to return to their tent after going all the way downslope instead of five minutes after the avalanche? Why did the tent show only vertical collapse, not horizontal? And where did such precise weather readings mentioned in the article come from?

I don't buy this theory. I also don't believe a 3 meter fall from a snow den collapse causes all the injuries found on the Rav 4. The original investigation dismissed the avalanche theory right away. It was clear the tent had not been covered by an avalanche, because there was no indication it had been moved horizontally downslope, and that slope isn't avalanche prone.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Marchesk on July 13, 2020, 03:54:02 PM ---This is BS. That slope isn't avalanche prone according to everything I've read and heard about the case. They wouldn't run downhill from an oncoming avalanche, and the footprints indicated they walked. If all nine of them decided to stop at the cedar tree to make a fire, how come it was so small and was allowed to burn out? Did they really sit around and wait for the two Yuris to freeze to death before going back uphill with some of their clothing? Why would three of them decide to return to their tent after going all the way downslope instead of five minutes after the avalanche? Why did the tent show only vertical collapse, not horizontal? And where did such precise weather readings mentioned in the article come from?

I don't buy this theory. I also don't believe a 3 meter fall from a snow den collapse causes all the injuries found on the Rav 4. The original investigation dismissed the avalanche theory right away. It was clear the tent had not been covered by an avalanche, because there was no indication it had been moved horizontally downslope, and that slope isn't avalanche prone.

--- End quote ---

Bullshit sums it up nicely.  Its like a Government trying to cover something up and doing a very bad job of it.  Even non experts can use their common sense and see that the area where the Tent was pitched was not in an area conducive to Avalanches.  Avalanches of any kind. 

RidgeWatcher:
Thank you, WAB And Teddy for answering my questions.

I have and will always give the Dyatlov Ski Tourists the respect that they deserve to adequately assess the slope on Kholat Syakhl for avalanche danger. Igor and the group knew what they were doing.

Naufragia:
The objections posted by WAB, Nigel, Marchesk and Sarapuk look valid to me. I'm scratching my head over how the findings can be so definite and precise with respect to some aspects, yet so loose and dismissive of others. Maybe the formal report, rather than a journalist's version of its contents, will clarify?

Teddy:

--- Quote from: Naufragia on July 16, 2020, 02:20:43 AM ---The objections posted by WAB, Nigel, Marchesk and Sarapuk look valid to me. I'm scratching my head over how the findings can be so definite and precise with respect to some aspects, yet so loose and dismissive of others. Maybe the formal report, rather than a journalist's version of its contents, will clarify?

--- End quote ---

I have asked the journalist the question if we will ever see the original reports and the answer was that they are so "weak" (was the word used) that they will never see the light of day because the authors are old and the negative reaction and criticism can seriously jeopardize their health. The journalists are actually being kind because one thing you don't know is that Kuryakov stripped his uniform to deliver his findings because he was not given the green light by his supervisors. He held the press conference as a civilian. He wanted us to know what has he been up to the last 2 years, because the Prosecutor's office is not obliged to report anything. They can do whatever they want. There could be total silence and we would have imagined.... I don't have to spell it out what would be the speculations if we hadn't heard anything from the investigation. But that's about it. We won't hear anything more on the the topic of investigation, nothing useful anyway. Sure thing the press can twist that damp cloth for drops of information but nothing critical will come out, because there is nothing. At least this is what I have been told. Besides the forensic reports. No one has seen the forensic reports yet. Maybe there is something to look for after all. But the forensic reports will not support foul play. This much I know.

Right now I am more worried about Kuryakov, because no matter how "innocent" his report he took it upon himself to deliver it. The whole "investigation' is his initiative. He wasn't appointed to do it. He received some stupid letter from a crazy person and followed up on it. Kuryakov got sucked up into the rabbit hole like all of us, and since he was in a position to do something about it, he got the approval of the Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation Yuri Chayka. They now have a new Prosecutor General - Yuri Krasnov. The bureaucracy in Russia is unbelievable. What Kuryakov did gave us a glimpse of hope, but be assured that this is a very rare phenomenon. Attacking the investigation is futile, because there won't be another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version