Genesis > Introductions

A refutation of a single thing that breaks several theories.

<< < (2/2)

Teddy:
This is an excellent suggestion. I see only one hitch, why isn't "Sasha" Zolotaryov having namesake day too, they all were told this is his name?

Teddy:
I asked a friend the following:
In Bulgaria there are two different words for people with birthdays and namesake days - "рожденик" and "именник".
How is it in Russian?

The answer is (first in Russian, then in English below):
Да, в России то же самое.
Есть день рождение. и есть день именин. Т.е день святого, чье имя носит человек.
Но в СССР в основном отмечалось только день рождение. Люди практически не знали день своих именин. Эту традицию более-менее могли поддерживать в деревнях, где оставались церковные традиции.
В то же время очень часто именинами называли именно дни рождения. Например, была такая песенка:
на именины испекли мы каравай
Каравай » Чудесенка - Сайт для детей и родителей (chudesenka.ru)
Эта песенка обычно исполнялась на дне рождения ребенка.
Поэтому в дневнике именины это скорее всего день рождение.
------------------------------------------------
Yes, it's the same in Russia.
There is a birthday, and there is a namesake day. That is, the day of the saint whose name the person bears.
But in the USSR, only the birthday was mainly celebrated. People practically did not know their name day. This tradition could more or less be maintained in villages where church traditions remained.
At the same time, birthdays were often called namesake days. For example, there was a song:
on the namesake day we baked a loaf
Каравай » Чудесенка - Website for children and parents (chudesenka.ru)
This song was usually performed at a child's birthday.
When they wrote in the diary someone is having a namesake day, it is most probably a birthday.
------------------------------------------------

Remember that religious traditions ware not popular at the time of the events.

My strongest argument is still that Sasha Zolotaryov was not mentioned to have a namesake day.

That same friend added that the key word in this speculation is "most probably".
This is the essence of Dyatlov case - everything is "most probably".

Manti:
This is a strong counterargument.. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the diary mentioning the tangerine is Zolotaryov's diary.
He is not mentioned in the diary (I think we can conclude that people mentioned in 3rd person didn't write the diary).
However, it refers to Bienko not coming. Did Zolotaryov know about this? This suggests it's perhaps a UPI student's diary if he didn't know

mk:
Perhaps Zolotaryov didn't celebrate the name day for Alexander because his name wasn't Alexander.  It was Semyon, right?  And he just used Sasha as a nickname--I'm guessing because it started with S and sounded more ordinary than Semyon.

At any rate, being much older, it wouldn't have been difficult for him to laugh and shrug it off and say, no thanks, this was not the tradition in his family.

Paf:
It make sens !
But I have another theory :

Zina use only a little 27. to mark the date on January 27th.
Why wouldn't the little 2. in the unknow diary mean February second ?

In that case, we have missing days, but the birthday is easy to explain : February 2d is Sacha Zolotaryov's birtday.
Neither Sachas are usuals member of the group, the confusion is maybe possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version