March 28, 2024, 01:01:22 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Red fuming nitric acid  (Read 6020 times)

September 15, 2019, 07:45:13 AM
Reply #1

Nigel Evans

and this - https://www.hindawi.com/journals/criem/2019/9303170/ explains people traversing the slope then just giving up, and Doroshenko's foam on cheek.
Nitric acid burns the skin and eyes which may explain Zinaida's face.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:07:09 AM by Teddy »

September 16, 2019, 07:52:24 AM
Reply #2

Jacques-Emile

and this - https://www.hindawi.com/journals/criem/2019/9303170/explains people traversing the slope then just giving up, and Doroshenko's foam on cheek.
Nitric acid burns the skin and eyes which may explain Zinaida's face.
  Not the Agent Orange? lol2

September 17, 2019, 12:40:00 AM
Reply #3

Nigel Evans

It's an orange agent....

September 17, 2019, 01:38:58 PM
Reply #4

Marchesk

September 17, 2019, 02:08:50 PM
Reply #5

Nigel Evans

September 20, 2019, 04:42:48 AM
Reply #6

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
There is some evidence that this orange colour/staining may be the result of a type of algae bloom.  Were all the hikers skin stained orange or was it just the rav 4?

Regards
Star man

September 21, 2019, 12:19:06 PM
Reply #7

Nigel Evans

There is some evidence that this orange colour/staining may be the result of a type of algae bloom.  Were all the hikers skin stained orange or was it just the rav 4?

Regards
Star man
I've discussed watermelon snow in the past, but i can't see it as relevant.

September 22, 2019, 05:42:08 AM
Reply #8

cennetkusu

Regards
Star man
I think it's easy to explain the color issue. To me, every human being has a color. So, for example, everyone has a sign or a number. Every human being has its own color. When the unknown coercive force attacked the youth, this color within the human became clear and manifested itself in the skin. For example, Dubinina had a yellow color and Semyon had a green color.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 04:37:55 AM by Teddy »
You're alone and desperate. Connect with God, you won't be alone and you're a saint.

September 23, 2019, 11:44:32 PM
Reply #9

Star man

Regards
Star man
I've discussed watermelon snow in the past, but i can't see it as relevant.

Is it not possible that the pigments from bacterial blooms could contaminate the ground waters and stain the skin orange/brown while also adhering to fabric causing the orange powder when they dry out?

Regards

Star man

September 24, 2019, 11:47:15 AM
Reply #10

Nigel Evans

Not really, the orange powder stained clothing appears to have been limited to the first five? Primarily Yuri D who had the darkest skin (compared to Zina).
Only Lyudmila had skin colour relevant to this issue which as already said seems to rule out an agent delivered whilst under the snow.

September 24, 2019, 01:13:45 PM
Reply #11

Star man

Ok thanks for clarifying that.

Regards

Star man

September 30, 2019, 10:59:17 AM
Reply #12

sarapuk

No mention of any strange out of the ordinary COLOURS by any of the Search parties was there   !  ?  And surely if there had been such a Chemical attack or accident then we would have had much more evidence around  !  ?
DB

September 30, 2019, 01:37:44 PM
Reply #13

Nigel Evans

No mention of any strange out of the ordinary COLOURS by any of the Search parties was there   !  ?  And surely if there had been such a Chemical attack or accident then we would have had much more evidence around  !  ?
The condition of the snow might be more evidence?....
More to come on this...

October 04, 2019, 11:57:23 PM
Reply #14

Nigel Evans

I've been surfing around for more possibilities as to the source of the nitric acid apart from the SA-75 SAM and have found this  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burya
Essentially a cruise missile developed in the late 1950s. There were several variants of this concept including being armed with low yield tactical nuclear warheads for naval deployment, attacking aircraft carriers etc.

Whats interesting is the scale of the thing, 96000kg with a good fraction of that of course being fuel which was composed of..... nitric acid and amines.
If you've never heard of amines you've got company, but note the colours mentioned here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amine#Application_of_amines
I wonder if that orange powder on the clothing was a diazonium salt?

October 05, 2019, 11:24:35 AM
Reply #15

Spygirl 1

Hello-

This post originally had a lengthy "essay". Kinda lost my nerve so edited to this.

Sorry
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 10:24:20 PM by Spygirl 1 »

October 06, 2019, 03:29:20 AM
Reply #16

Nigel Evans

Hello-

This post originally had a lengthy "essay". Kinda lost my nerve so edited to this.

Sorry
Hi Spygirl 1, I read your original post with interest, never say sorry   kewl1

October 06, 2019, 03:51:28 AM
Reply #17

Nigel Evans

and don't be a Shygirl...  loco1