April 27, 2024, 12:20:25 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Last photo taken , are there 9 hiker's?  (Read 2541 times)

January 28, 2024, 11:00:36 AM
Read 2541 times

Ziljoe

Are all the 9 hiker's accounted for in the alleged final 2 photo's of the group pitching the tent on the slope?

There are debates on whether this is the actual last picture of the group alive or if it even belongs to this expedition/hike.

There would seem to be at least 7 hikers accounted for in the photo. By observing the movement of the skis , this could be the other two hikers..if this photo is from the final hike , then the length of this trench/ platform would easily be over 4 meters long, enough to house the tent.

January 28, 2024, 01:36:07 PM
Reply #1

GlennM

We see a group working a plan. It appears structured and likely routine. The variable is the weather. The snow, hard or soft if not for the shearing force ofnthe wind that the group was warned about. When you are young, you are immortal.
We don't have to say everything that comes into our head.

January 28, 2024, 01:54:47 PM
Reply #2

Ziljoe

Oh the days of being young!

It ties in with the length of the tent , the slope angle and number of hikers, it would seem on the face of , a genuine photo of the pitching of the tent. No trees or shrubs.

January 28, 2024, 02:17:28 PM
Reply #3

KathleenDSmith1

Everyone and  Ziljoe:

If this is the 9 hikers' last photo...I believe that all were killed that evening and that is why the stove was not assembly(I have forgotten a bit of piece of information regarding why didn't the stove was assembled because it would cause the snow to melt, which would cause an avalanche) , also believe Pashin was involved with staging the bodies, and BIENKO was involved with staging the photos...also believe that some of the Mansi and others tribes were involved, as the official Russian Gov't..because of the view all case files, some of the cases don't make any sense ???...

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

January 28, 2024, 04:01:52 PM
Reply #4

Ziljoe

Thanks KathleenDSmith1.

I've been having a watch of some old videos and getting some new/old thoughts, ideas.

Everything ties in for me, at least in a enough detail for it to happen as reported. The diary, the combat sheet, the photos , cutting the tent , the injuries, footprints etc.

Whether it's ball lightning, infrasound, avalanche or wolverine, I have to admit I dance around a bit. As if horses in a race, they keep overtaking each other. The avalanche is in the lead for me, I don't know enough about the other theories but don't rule them out.

I would be flabbergasted if it could be staged, mainly because of the snow and weather. I can't see how no trail or trace wouldn't be left behind for searcher's to see. An important part of that , are objects left in the snow at different levels , that would reveal themselves as the snow melted( which lead the Mansi to the den) . Plus just don't think anyone would leave undeveloped film in a camera.

A lot of the case files don't make sense because that's just how people write case files.
I can testify to you that from personal experience , when people write documents, most of it , is inoccent errors, people just don't care , they are thinking of what's for supper, don't get paid enough, seeing their lover the next day.

People saw lights in the sky all the time,rockets, missiles, meteor's but they only get recorded in people's memories when they can link it to something or an event for example, like the deaths of the hikers.

Technically, the dates of the expected return of the Dyatlov group and the start date of the search , are not that delayed, all things
considered . Perhaps our minds have been infected by too much media hype?.

When we are first introduced to information of the mystery, the date the 6th of February and the 27th of February are used as the base measures . The 6th is the start of the alleged faked criminal case, then the tent is not found untill the 26th, first bodies on the 27th. We can work out in our minds that's nearly 3 weeks! Lazy ,Stalinist soviet good for nothing people ,might spring to mind.

However , this is not the case. Dyatlov was not due back until the 12th-15th of February, add two days of bumbling communication, weather and then organising people etc, we are now at the 17th .I believe there is an air search and ground searcher's are on their way by the 21st of February starting from the last known sighting . So the delay ,if any ,is only 3 days in an official timeline.

It is logical to search from the last known sighting and the furthest point of the known route and this is what's done.

Are our minds being twisted that there was a deliberate delay ? It seems unlikely to me at least .

So this picture of them pitching the tent fits the timeline and the hike. I was reading another person's thoughts on the skis left standing at the tent. He thinks that they were placed there as the marker to find the tent on return, that it may have been buried by snow from them cutting the slope. This is in relation to two separate pair of foot prints eventually joining up with the other 6-7 prints.

We can definitely see 5 indaviduals in the picture and obviously the photographer is number 6 but if you compare the skis moving in the background , they are moved between the two frames suggesting others are using them to dig.

January 28, 2024, 05:13:55 PM
Reply #5

KathleenDSmith1

Everyone and Teddy:

I understand all 9 Hikers' are "Dead" but how the bodies were found..and how some of the photos are questionable (when and where) and some of the keynotes written regarding the investigations, you have to wonder what happened..

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith

January 28, 2024, 07:58:38 PM
Reply #6

GlennM

For me there is nothing mysterious about where the bodies were found. If this was a homicide, common sense would be to hide the bodies, or feed the wolves. The fact of the matter is that they all were found after much time and effort. It is a big country and they only left a tent on the hill as to where they were relative ot Otorten. Too, hypothermia was the prevailing factor in their demise.

There is no particular reason to fake photos. As individuals or as a group, they were not worth the trouble. Follow the money! There was nothing to gain.

January 28, 2024, 09:48:41 PM
Reply #7

Ziljoe

I have tried to show what I mean here.

1 yellow figure

2 red arm figure

3 green figure with ski pole

4 blue arm with ski pole figure

5 purple figure with perhaps holding purple dotted ski.

6 yellow dotted ski disappeared or appeared depending on sequence of photos

7 red dotted ski seems to move but this could be the slight change of the person taking the photo.

With the person taking the photo and the lone figure to the left of the picture, that makes 9 hikers. 7 people cutting the snow at about a meter apart makes a horizontal cut of 7 meters in what looks like a reasonable depth of snow of one meter. Food for thought?   

If this is a staged photo, then whomever staged it would have to plan all this, get a similar slope , get 9 people and a blizzard , take the photos in one of the hikers cameras ,  plan finding the slope to stage the tent, not leave any evidence or trace , depend on the weather to get all the items to the slope and get back to wherever they came from, hope no Mansi spot them, get the right things in the right bags and jacket pockets , adapt the diary to mention Igor's imaging of a night camping on the ridge, make perfect foot prints of the incident without leaving their own footprints and try to make it look like an avalanche which can't happen apparently?.

To much work in my opinion. Get some wood for the stove, pretend they lit it and then the alcohol caught fire  , then the diaries and whatever else ,cameras, film , paper work the lot, plant an axe and a couple of blankets with them at the forest. Destroy evidence so you don't have to make up diary entries or extra work, pull the film out of the camera, job done.

Staging doesn't really add up the more I think about that aspect .

The following users thanked this post: GlennM

January 29, 2024, 08:05:57 AM
Reply #8

Arjan

In front of the photo is placed a visible on the photos taken by the first search party:
- the ski pole of Yuri Dor.!

On both photo's are visible
- five group members
- and one photographer who had taken both photos

Following the timeline - that I have drafted in six parts - a week ago, the group members preparing the camp site should be:
1. Alexander (green)
2. Yuri Dor. (back visible in the front (yellow)
3. Yuri Kri (visible on the left on both photos)
4. Igor (Purple)
5. Zinaida (arm visible behind Yuri Dor.)
and Rustem ought to be the photographer.

Lyudmila, Semyon and Thibo had descended to the ravine for fetching running water and collecting some firewood.

Pretty strange on both photos is:
- a few too many of the 20 skis are visible in the background without any ski bindings.

It is likely that this photo had been composed from several/many other frames during the printing of this frame.

Personally I think that the photos are not valid proof for any activities during the tour.
On the other hand, these photos may well be used for getting an impression of the 'mood' during the tour.

One way or the other, I have a feeling (no proof!) that the composer of the photos had known the events during the tour at the camp site.
This composer had received this information until Zinaida and Rustem had left the camp site to the ravine, from tenth group member who had returned to Ivdel on the morning after the fatal night for 7 group members who had to stay that night in the ravine. 

January 29, 2024, 02:40:45 PM
Reply #9

GlennM

I feel that this photo was developed long before computers and image editing software
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 06:56:53 PM by GlennM »