March 19, 2024, 01:57:31 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Semyon's Final Photo's enhanced and colourised/colorized  (Read 17260 times)

February 05, 2021, 10:40:21 AM
Reply #30

eurocentric

There's no pictures of the negatives of his films, is there? To me a lot of those pictures (like the horn and eagle 2) look like the very light part is simply a hole in the film leaving the rest overexposed to light...

The Dyatlov Foundation appears to have the neg's for most of the other films, but not this one. Nobody seems to know where they are.

https://dyatlovpass.com/films

« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 10:51:08 AM by eurocentric »

February 05, 2021, 12:12:38 PM
Reply #31

Missi

There's no pictures of the negatives of his films, is there? To me a lot of those pictures (like the horn and eagle 2) look like the very light part is simply a hole in the film leaving the rest overexposed to light...

The Dyatlov Foundation appears to have the neg's for most of the other films, but not this one. Nobody seems to know where they are.

https://dyatlovpass.com/films
As someone said before: Things appear to disappear.
Thanks a lot, I didn't come across those pictures until now. :)

But as you said, eurocentric, the interesting ones are missing. Even the negatives of Krivonishtschenko stop at picture 30 while the interesting one would be the next strip of pictures...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 12:25:49 PM by Missi »

February 05, 2021, 12:48:00 PM
Reply #32

eurocentric

Yuri K's infamous Frame 34 neg does exist as part of the negative strips, there was an image of the negative sleeve posted to a thread, but it must not be included in the site page link I gave.

But yes, where indeed are Semyon's neg's.

February 05, 2021, 01:15:32 PM
Reply #33

Missi

You did see the negative of nr. 34? Is it damaged or is what we see indeed what the picture taken shows?

February 05, 2021, 02:50:53 PM
Reply #34

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
It's interesting how the human brain looks for patterns, especially faces. This is what I see:

Sometimes photos can be superimposed when developed. Did Semyon spot some Moose near the tent, grab his camera and take some photos, causing it to charge the tent and injure his comrades? I've seen the Elk hypothesis mentioned here, I like its simplicity. They could have evacuated and retreated to the trees carrying the injured, started a fire to get them warm, argued fiercely about what happened, and so on...

ETA: one of them looks more like a wolf.

Looks like something went wrong with the Film being Developed. Or its those notorious Fire Balls ! ?

You don't see the eyes??

No. Also there were no animal tracks found in the area. If an animal like the Elk was involved there would be tracks all over the place. Using that scene from Jaws 2 doesnt really prove anything as far as the Dyatlov Mystery is concerned.
DB

February 06, 2021, 02:12:32 AM
Reply #35

eurocentric

You did see the negative of nr. 34? Is it damaged or is what we see indeed what the picture taken shows?

I've just realised that if you click the image on the link you will see all the neg's in a larger picture, including Frame 34 at the bottom.

You might be interested in the following thread about Semyon's neg's, which also touches upon Yuri's Frame 34:

https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=648.0

February 06, 2021, 08:59:22 AM
Reply #36

Missi

Thanks again.

The picture looks real and not damaged at all. I can't make out anything more, though... I'd have to think about that one...

Thanks as well for the link. I'll look into it.