Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Frame 34 is Military Flares?

(1/2) > >>

WarpedWing:
Has anyone considered whether frame 34 could be a photo of a cascade of military flares taken with the lens tube accidentally pushed in?

Here are a few links to videos of military flares. They can come in individual stars, and they can be deployed in clusters.

I'd like to hear your thoughts. Sorry if this has been discussed before. I am aware that the prevailing notion on this site seems to be that it's a "technical shot," and that's very likely, but I enjoy thinking of the possibilities.

Thanks!

Manti:
I don't know about the photo itself, it's too out of focus to be able to draw any conclusions, but flares do seem to look a lot like the unexplained light phenomena others have described seeing around the time of the incident.
Including what the searchers described seeing at night over the pass..

WarpedWing:
Right, flares were reported, I heard. Air or ground released, I wonder?

Pyrotechnics being used in the vicinity of the Dyatlovites might also explain some of the reported burns to the tops of the trees in the forested area.

GlennM:
Does anybody think that the presence of flares is enough to motivate what happened next?

Ziljoe:
Hi Glenn,

I also ready reports of glowing orbs, lights in the sky etc. There is discussion on the forum somewhere. I'm sure it also discusses the camera technology at the time, shutter speeds etc. Pros and cons about if that photo is related given the settings of the camera.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version