Victims and Case Files > Case Files

Diaries and Missing Diaries and that Newsletter ! ?

(1/6) > >>

sarapuk:
I thought it would be a good idea to put this one up in the Forum. There were several Diaries and the last Diary entry was on 31st January 1959. The Newsletter known as 'Evening Otorten' was dated 1st February. The Newsletter was found pinned to the Tent near its entrance. The last Campsite before the ascent up the slopes of the Mountain to the final Campsite was on 31st January 1959. The distance between the 2 Campsites was about 1 mile. The Dyatlov Group had already said in their Diaries that the temperatures were around minus 20 degrees centigrade on their journey. And that that temperature was to be expected in that area of Siberia. They found the going difficult because of the depth of snow and winds. And thats why they prefered to camp near the Forest, for some shelter, and also of course for some wood to burn. So if they had time to write the 'Evening Otorten' why arent there more Diary entries !  ?  Or are there Missing Diaries ! ? Or maybe pages torn out of Diaries ! ? And of course why did they travel a mere mile to set up Camp in such an exposed position ! ?

KFinn:
I have not been able to find where in the case files and witness statements it said that the Evening Otorten was pinned to the tent, I've only seen it was in the belongings.  Can you point me to that? 

marieuk:
i read that they often wrote their diary entries in the morning.  Not sure how true that is, and would imagine it wasn't always the case, but could explain why they wrote the 'Evening Otorten' and not their diaries.  Equally as you suggest, maybe they've gone missing?   At the moment I'm finding it hard to know what is true!

Missi:
It might have been that whatever happened, happened after they finished the Evening Otorten and before they had a chance to write their respective diary entries.
Another idea could be they planned to include the Evening Otorten in their group diary and were to tired to write in their own diaries.

Yet I did read yesterday or the day before, that the storage included some diaries. If that is true, maybe they left the journals that were already filled, started new ones on the mountain and those were taken? Were any diaries found in the tent? I can't remember...

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Missi on February 01, 2021, 09:51:52 PM ---It might have been that whatever happened, happened after they finished the Evening Otorten and before they had a chance to write their respective diary entries.
Another idea could be they planned to include the Evening Otorten in their group diary and were to tired to write in their own diaries.

Yet I did read yesterday or the day before, that the storage included some diaries. If that is true, maybe they left the journals that were already filled, started new ones on the mountain and those were taken? Were any diaries found in the tent? I can't remember...

--- End quote ---

The Search Parties found a lot of stuff in the abandoned Tent. They found, notebooks, itinerary and many other small items and documents. All the Diaries were found in a Field Bag but interestingly the Diary of Kolmogorova, whose last date of entry was January 30th, was taken from the Tent and sent to the Search Parties Base Camp. Prosecutor Tempalov took the other Diaries. It seems that there are missing Diaries and maybe also missing Diary Entries. If that isnt suspicious then I dont know what is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version