March 19, 2024, 01:40:49 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Alternative Yeti Theorie  (Read 4095 times)

January 22, 2023, 06:19:05 AM
Read 4095 times

valedora

Couldn't the person of Foto No. 17 also be Thibeaux-Brignolle? 

The photo before (No.16) also shows him in a strange pose.

As well as this photo shows a darkened color and uniform clothing what could be seen as this from the distance. 

The only thing that confuses me is the pose in photo 17, but the photos before that were weird poses too.  Maybe it's also supposed to make it look like there's a yeti there and they wanted to take a picture like that to tell about it.

I'm more on the theory that it could have been a wild animal, the question is what animals are there right there?  And how do they react to the weather conditions that day?  And wouldn't that tent with people put her off?

Maybe someone has thoughts and answers on this.

The following users thanked this post: Почемучка

January 22, 2023, 06:37:01 AM
Reply #1

Ziljoe

Try this for an animal as the cause. I recommend member Igor B . He gives links to all the questions and answers that you might have or share. Worth a look. You might come up with something new!

https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?board=51.0

February 06, 2023, 01:54:22 AM
Reply #2

eurocentric

Most people think it's Tibo because the preceding 3 frames are of him falling backwards in the snow, and then slinking off.

What is missed is that those photo's were taken by Yuri K using Tibo's camera.

So Tibo is leaving his gear with his pal while he goes off to attend to a call of nature.

Logically you might then think Frame 17 is automatically another of Tibo returning from that call of nature, but it's possible the man in the image is Yuri K, who may have been taking his turn to toilet and Tibo has resumed ownership of his camera and takes that infamous photo.

The figure has two things unique to Yuri K. His ushanka hat (Tibo had his tarpaulin sports jacket hood and his black hat), and a metallic badge which glints above the left breast pocket area, which corresponds to Yuri K who was wearing a hiking badge there.

https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Yeti-blowup-colorized-by-Steve-Halliday.jpg

https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Krivonischenko-camera-film1-05.jpg

'Yeti' can be seen everywhere in the DPI if you develop the 'eye' for spotting them. For example there appears to be something black and simian at 9 o'clock watching Rustem in this photo:

https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Thibeaux-Brignolle-camera-film3-05.jpg
My DPI approach - logic, probability and reason.

March 23, 2023, 02:34:39 PM
Reply #3

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Note the legs and arms in the mystery photo. They are different from any of the Dyatlov group.
DB

The following users thanked this post: marieuk

April 29, 2023, 05:40:50 AM
Reply #4

eurocentric

That is only because the man's sleeves are rolled up and he is bare-legged, likely from toileting.
My DPI approach - logic, probability and reason.

April 29, 2023, 03:39:47 PM
Reply #5

Ziljoe

I agree with Eurocentric that it is most likely a call of nature. I think the thin arms are a result of how photography works with focus of the lense .

From help at our friend Google we can observe similar outcomes of the human figure.in photos out of focus.

However, the sequence of these photos has always raised a question in my mind. If there were outsiders or internal fights, is this the start?

The reason being from the details in the photo. It looks like Thibeaux was on his skis then pushed. Joking aside, this could have lead to unnecessary injury, for example twisting an ankle when the foot is still in the bindings, landing on some sharp stick or wood under the snow. Why take the risk of injuring a friend in such a remote place?. Whatever Thibeaux was doing, he had his gloves off. Most likely a prank or joke as whoever the photographer was, the were ready to take a sequence of pictures. But there is no smile on Thibeaux face.

I also wonder if this is related to the snowman phrase.? It was a joke and Thibeaux was the snowman?.

The following users thanked this post: marieuk, WinterLeia

May 19, 2023, 04:06:07 PM
Reply #6

WinterLeia

I agree with Eurocentric that it is most likely a call of nature. I think the thin arms are a result of how photography works with focus of the lense .

From help at our friend Google we can observe similar outcomes of the human figure.in photos out of focus.

However, the sequence of these photos has always raised a question in my mind. If there were outsiders or internal fights, is this the start?

The reason being from the details in the photo. It looks like Thibeaux was on his skis then pushed. Joking aside, this could have lead to unnecessary injury, for example twisting an ankle when the foot is still in the bindings, landing on some sharp stick or wood under the snow. Why take the risk of injuring a friend in such a remote place?. Whatever Thibeaux was doing, he had his gloves off. Most likely a prank or joke as whoever the photographer was, the were ready to take a sequence of pictures. But there is no smile on Thibeaux face.

I also wonder if this is related to the snowman phrase.? It was a joke and Thibeaux was the snowman?.

I posed the same question about Nicolas’s expression in another post, because it looks like he’s clowning around, but his expression seems to get more serious and worried with each photo, until the last of the three looks like he’s either pleading or asking for help. The only reason anyone offered was that he was afraid the photographer was going to take a picture of him answering a call of nature. Also, Nicolai was something of a jokester and was not above rolling around on the ground as a couple of earlier photos show. He is somewhat smiling in the first photo. So maybe he fell down of his own volition and found he was having a hard time getting up without assistance? The photographer is literary standing over him to take the last picture, which appears somewhat sinister. However, maybe the person moved forward to help him, but took a picture real fast, so everyone could have a good laugh later at Nicolas’s expense. “Yeah, guys. Nicolai’s antics led to him falling in a hole. I had to help him out!”

In any case, the figure is not a Yeti. In addition to the evidence from other posters that refutes this claim, I would add that if you look at th figure carefully, you can see a hard line at his waist caused by a change in tone between his top and bottom half. I don’t really think a creature’s fur would change either color or tone so abruptly like that. It looks more like the figure is wearing a jacket and pants that are different colors or different tones.

As for the mysterious figure, it could be an enactment for the Evening Ortorten. I remember reading that someone who actually saw the original pamphlet believed that it was in Semyon’s writing and that it contained pictures that Semyon had drawn, for which he praised his artistic ability. So Yuri Kri does his best Yeti impression for “proof” of the highly esteemed newspaper’s claim that Snowmen exist, which may have included bulking himself up by adding layers of clothing. And while Semyon quickly sketched the scene for the pamphlet, Nicolai, being the goofball that he was snapped a picture of it.

However, if it was someone up to no good, that would mean a would-be assassin was so incompetent he didn’t realize he was being photographed, even though he was looking in the general direction of the photographer, line of sight dictating that if they can see you, you can see them. Or he did know, but didn’t feel the need to get his hands on the camera and destroy that evidence of his culpability. That doesn’t make any sense to me. A more likely scenario is that after he completed his gruesome act, he ransacked the whole tent, gathering up every camera or film that was in it and left with them. Of course, that didn’t happen, because we’re looking at the picture right now.

The following users thanked this post: RMK