April 27, 2024, 12:44:56 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Two questions  (Read 4096 times)

February 11, 2020, 12:45:33 PM
Read 4096 times

Eve24

Hi, I’m a new person here. This case has been driving me nuts forever plus I’m now attached to the poor victims. Here are some things among many that have been bugging me but I haven’t seen anything about except in the documents.

1. Was Ivanov and who he was sending frantic messages to re: “Dyatlov’s documents” just to see like, maps to find the other hiker? They made several mentions of them-said they had them on him at death, implied they were somehow hidden from the group really. Was it just to find them?

2. I can’t find evidence of this after doing a search but I swear I’m not crazy-Ivanov said something about white metal or white powder either under the tent or under the cache. I know this because it was just a quick 5 word phrase that had me scratching my head and googling things like “white metal radiation” etc. and I would not have ever thought of that. But I cannot find it.

I lied one more: is is “suspicious” that multiple group members worked at secret facilities or was that very common for people in their studies or during that time? We know Krivo quit on bad terms, some find Sasha’s change to the school odd etc. I don’t know if it is a coincidence or something actually worthy of conspiracy. Plus they talk about devices and go off to collect rocks..maybe they were just cool nerds?

February 11, 2020, 01:31:57 PM
Reply #1

MDGross

Lev Ivanov was the lead investigator in the Dyatlov tragedy. He worked for the prosecutor's office of the Sverdlovsk region (the city in which the nine hikers lived and attended the Ural Polytechnic Institute). Most likely he was sending messages to his boss, a man named Klinov. Not sure about him keeping maps privately. I believe he did keep in his possession some of the last photos taken the night of Feb. 1 by several of the hikers. These photos showed strange objects in the night sky. After his death, his daughter made them public.

In a 1990 interview, Ivanov stated his belief that UFOs were the cause of the hikers' mysterious exit from their tent. That would account for radiation. He believed the three hikers who suffered fatal injuries were targeted and murdered by a UFO.

Conspiracy theories abound. Perhaps one of the hikers who worked in a nuclear facility was going to pass secret documents or photos to Soviet operatives of the CIA. Sasha was not known by any of the hikers when he asked to join the hike. They could find no reason to say no to him. He was formerly in the Soviet military and was a very skilled hiker/skier. Sort of a mystery man, so obviously, a number of conspiracy theories point to him.

February 11, 2020, 01:50:56 PM
Reply #2

Eve24

I said Sasha meaning Alexander sorry, but you can add him to the list. The age difference doesn’t really bother me personally-actually none of them do, but I would like to know if things like working in secret nuclear places should make me think KGB ties are psychotic or not uncommon for the time

February 11, 2020, 03:04:17 PM
Reply #3

Nigel Evans

There was a spoon of white metal found at the tent. I don't understand your first question?

February 13, 2020, 01:49:38 PM
Reply #4

Eve24

There was a spoon of white metal found at the tent. I don't understand your first question?

Yeah that was unclear, the messages b/w first responders in the first days of the search included frantically searching for Dyatlov’s documents-was that just to find the routes/maps that would show where the hikers are ,and that’s the only reason for wanting his documents desperately?

February 14, 2020, 09:57:28 AM
Reply #5

Nigel Evans

Yeah that was unclear, the messages b/w first responders in the first days of the search included frantically searching for Dyatlov’s documents-was that just to find the routes/maps that would show where the hikers are ,and that’s the only reason for wanting his documents desperately?
Ivanov replaced Tempalov after the discovery of the tent so it couldn't have been him. I think they picked up the trail fairly quickly once they started searching and the spotter plane found the location as well. I'm not aware of a issue wrt documents.