Theories Discussion > Murdered

Murdered for entering into a sacred place

(1/8) > >>

GeneralFailure:
Just searching the net for mansi/khanty traditions. Found this interesting picture

--- Quote ---"Sacrifices   offered   to   the   sacred hills and rocks (apa'pel,  "grandfathers")
which are regarded as guardians of roads, and protectors of hunting — are placed on their summits or slopes. These may be dogs, or antlers of sacrificed reindeer. Plate XI, Fig. 2, (opp. p. 96), represents the sacred hill, situated on the seashore, close to the settlement of Mikino, in the direction of Kamen-skoye. One of my drivers told me that this "grandfather" was very favorable to him. Once, when passing by, he had thrown a puppy to him, and on his way back he was met by a gray fox which was running to him, and which he killed with a stick.
http://www.kscnet.ru/ivs/bibl/kor/part1_5.htm
--- End quote ---

It's not about the mansi/khanty but about the koryak's traditions, but still the resemblance with the "chum" is striking:

To me it's clear now that the "chum" is not a chum but the place of a sacrifice, which puts the entire scene on a sacred territory.

So maybe the interrogated mansi are lying about the mountain not being sacred, or they are telling the truth and the mountain is sacred for the khanty/ostiaks(was any khanty interrogated?). Because it's clear for me now that the place indeed is sacred.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: GeneralFailure on March 31, 2019, 05:24:25 AM ---Just searching the net for mansi/khanty traditions. Found this interesting picture

--- Quote ---"Sacrifices   offered   to   the   sacred hills and rocks (apa'pel,  "grandfathers")
which are regarded as guardians of roads, and protectors of hunting — are placed on their summits or slopes. These may be dogs, or antlers of sacrificed reindeer. Plate XI, Fig. 2, (opp. p. 96), represents the sacred hill, situated on the seashore, close to the settlement of Mikino, in the direction of Kamen-skoye. One of my drivers told me that this "grandfather" was very favorable to him. Once, when passing by, he had thrown a puppy to him, and on his way back he was met by a gray fox which was running to him, and which he killed with a stick.
http://www.kscnet.ru/ivs/bibl/kor/part1_5.htm
--- End quote ---

It's not about the mansi/khanty but about the koryak's traditions, but still the resemblance with the "chum" is striking:

To me it's clear now that the "chum" is not a chum but the place of a sacrifice, which puts the entire scene on a sacred territory.

So maybe the interrogated mansi are lying about the mountain not being sacred, or they are telling the truth and the mountain is sacred for the khanty/ostiaks(was any khanty interrogated?). Because it's clear for me now that the place indeed is sacred.

--- End quote ---

CHEGLAKOV WITNESS TESTIMONY
Dyatlov Pass:
Sheet 44
PROTOCOL
witness testimony
One kilometer from the camping site of the tourists we found new Mansi stand. We couldn't see any ski tracks of the tourists around the tent. Mansi ski tracks we have seen 10 km from where the tent of the of the tourists was found.  The mountain where the tent and the dead bodies were found is not a Mansi sacred place. Mansi sacred places are very far from there.

Dyatlov Pass ; Theories ; Controversy.
Mansi chum
A Mansi chum (definition) was observed North-East from where Dyatlov group pitched their tent on the night of January 30. A trail leading to the chum was passing 200 feet from where they camped.

Star man:
A trail leading to the chum was passing 200 feet from where they camped.

Just a thought.  If there was a ski trail only 200 feet from the camp, then is it feasible that someone armed with a gun, simply opened fire on the group from 200 feet away?  The group then panicked and fled.  The rest is history, they died while trying to survive?  The gunman never actually approaches the camp.

Regards

Star man

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Star man on April 01, 2019, 04:21:44 PM ---A trail leading to the chum was passing 200 feet from where they camped.

Just a thought.  If there was a ski trail only 200 feet from the camp, then is it feasible that someone armed with a gun, simply opened fire on the group from 200 feet away?  The group then panicked and fled.  The rest is history, they died while trying to survive?  The gunman never actually approaches the camp.

Regards

Star man

--- End quote ---

With the Dyatlov Case it seems anything is possible  !  ?  What type of trail was it though, there doesnt appear to be anymore information on that. There are plenty of track ways of sorts in the Ural's, and even under snow some are discernible but what was the nature of the said trail when the Dyatlov Group was camped there  !  ?  We dont know.

NkZ:
A bit off topic theory but in continuity with this "native" approach.
What about a herd of reindeers? The area is still populated by the last remaining wild herds : https://www.ipae.uran.ru/sites/default/files/publications/Ранюк%20М.Н./Korytin_2001_2_eng.pdf
The antler on pole could signal the entry of a very special hunting zone (or on the contrary the zone where the herd cannot be hunted), where a "mythical" wild herd roams.
Things happen like this:
+ Herd (200 or so animals) is hunted (by men or animals, or just on the move) from an opposite side (from where the group came or where it is going) of ridge and crosses it running, tramps the tent (do reindeers do that if not frightened? maybe they didn't see it since it was half sunken in snow), leaving it in chaos and with some people with heavy injuries (head, ribs)
+ since the tent is ruined, group decides to go to the tree line (maybe it's morning and they can see the trees very well, wind has calmed and clouds are away) to find shelter
+ they make a "den" for the injured and leave them there. The 5 other start a fire that will be a landmark to come back to, 3 go back to the tent but run low on adrenaline and cannot make it. the 2 at the fire are worried about the wounded and give them their clothes (they think the fire is enough to keep warm, but it isn't and even stops: they die believing the 3 are on their way back)
+ no explanation for radioactivity (even if i like the isotope tracking of sensible personnel by kgs a good one), or "mutilations"
+ why footprints and no sign of the passage of the herd? because the herd was going along the slope towards (or from) the pass where snow was hard: reindeers would not run in a direction with "ravines"
so, no murderers, no military, no ufo, no lightning ball, no lying Mansi ... just a natural (reindeers) compelling force

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version