April 23, 2024, 07:38:55 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: AVANLANCHE THEORY
« Last post by Олег Таймень on April 20, 2024, 10:33:52 PM »

Up till now you have not committed your thoughts. I , for one would love to hear your version.

Why would I express versions without evidence.. I don’t know the cause of the tragedy. Everyone else doesn't know her either.
At the moment I am looking for a place in the Dyatlov Pass where it is possible to get such injuries. It is not possible to get these injuries in the usual place of the tent. This is my opinion today. In the winter of 2025 I will go to study the south-eastern slope of Khalatchakhl, the ice between the 2nd and 3rd ridges of stones and snow accumulations on the stream where four bodies of tourists were found
« Last post by Ziljoe on April 20, 2024, 10:03:50 PM »
Олег Таймень , with the biggest respect, an avalanche is very different to a loaded slope of loose snow. A shift or slide of a mass of snow is what I would argue, not an avalanche, or broken ribs , but enough for the hikers to move to a safer area until they assessed the situation.

I have to agree that I don't think there was an avalanche in the stereo typical assumption of an avalanche hurtling towards the tent. However, I think there's suitable evidence that there was movement of snow. I understand that you may disagree.

If you don't think cutting in to a snow bank, irrelevant of the angle of the slope and there was no movement of snow at all, I ask , please commit yourself to a theory of to why the hikers left the tent.

I have experienced cold, snow, and movement of snow with very shallow slopes but I was involved in changing the environment , the snow would not have moved if I did not dig.

It is the hikers perspective that is important, if they thought they were in danger ( although not) , it is this we should consider.

Up till now you have not committed your thoughts. I , for one would love to hear your version.
General Discussion / Re: Pitching a tent in 1959
« Last post by KathleenDSmith1 on April 20, 2024, 09:53:25 PM »
Everyone and Teddy:

This snipped two photo.., all 9 hikers pitched a tent before the fatal incident ...1st at Auspiya and then at 2nd pitching of the tent at Mount Kholat Syakhl

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith
« Last post by Олег Таймень on April 20, 2024, 09:43:19 PM »
And the most important evidence of the absence of an avalanche or snow board is that the witness Slobtsov testified in the criminal case that there were skis and ski poles around the tent.
« Last post by Олег Таймень on April 20, 2024, 09:40:41 PM »
Glaciologist Popovnin visited the site of the Dyatlov group’s tent in 2019 and gives clear answers to the questions posed by the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.
Here is a publication where Popovnin says that there is no evidence of an avalanche in this particular place. And that the power of the snow is not enough to break people’s ribs.

General Discussion / Tent
« Last post by KathleenDSmith1 on April 20, 2024, 09:37:21 PM »
Everyone and Teddy:

Please if anyone could clarify what did Lyuda meant (copied and paste) in the Unknown Diary, Lyuda stated there are some many holes in the tent...and what I'm talking about is "Cuts" of the Tent and the "Holes" in the tent???

Lyuda quickly got tired and sat down by the fire. Nick Tibo changed his clothes. He began to write a diary. The law is that until all the work is done, do not approach the fire. And so they had a long argument, of who will sew the tent. Finally K. Tibo gave up and took a needle. Lyuda remained seated. And we sewed the hole (and there were so many that there was enough work for all except two attendants and Lyuda. Guys are terribly outraged.

Thanks
Kathleen Dee Smith
« Last post by Олег Таймень on April 20, 2024, 09:21:40 PM »
Here is a slope angle of 11 degrees 50 meters from the tent

Here is a slope angle of 16 degrees 100 meters from the tent

Then you can look for yourself and make sure that the angle of the slope does not exceed 21 degrees to the very top of the spur

« Last post by Олег Таймень on April 20, 2024, 09:11:57 PM »
There cannot be an avalanche at the tent site designated by the prosecutor's office. There's a gentle slope there.
If we look at online maps that show the slope angle, we will see how gentle the slope is.

Here is a slope angle of 12 degrees 10 meters from the tent

Here is a slope angle of 12 degrees 20 meters from the tent

Here is a slope angle of 12 degrees 30 meters from the tent

Here is a slope angle of 11 degrees 40 meters from the tent

« Last post by GlennM on April 20, 2024, 12:52:15 PM »
Those who believe a slab/ slump theory moves the needle do,so because real world testing support the hypothesis. Currently there is at least one other open thread where advocates of murder and mayhem can post their supporting arguements and evidence. I would suspect that like minded forum investigators will populate that thread for mutual reinforcement. I trust the forum contributers are not going to war over this difference of opinion.
« Last post by Ziljoe on April 20, 2024, 12:50:51 PM »
It's all semantics, a snow collapse/ avalanche/ slab slide were all put forward long before G&P entered the debate. I don't even think they said they were right but only put forward a model of what might have happened from their perspective. It was claimed that a Avalanche did not happen in that area, we now know that an avalanche can happen on 1079 by its own. That's only 600 meters away from the tent location.

The problem of evidence or lack of it, is there's no evidence of anything else .

It was the media that grabbed the story, probably not because of its accuracy or scientific mumbojumbo but because media / news papers / video bloggers etc do not care on details, only what sells or gets clicks.

I know how the media work, i have seen it first hand , i also know manipulation in medical research. Unfortunately people fudge stuff all the time, usually for two reasons, 1) to make money or gain reputation, 2) to not loose money or reputation.

I suppose it's here that we have to decide if the reports and statements by the investigation were "fudged". Were people just trying to avoid blame ...?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10