Victims and Case Files > Case Files

Weather report Burmantovo February 1959

(1/2) > >>

ikemitsu:
Do any transcript or even a translation exist of the "Weather report Burmantovo February 1959" https://dyatlovpass.com/burmantovo-weather-february-1959?

WAB:

--- Quote from: ikemitsu on April 30, 2019, 04:27:29 PM ---Do any transcript or even a translation exist of the "Weather report Burmantovo February 1959" https://dyatlovpass.com/burmantovo-weather-february-1959?

--- End quote ---

Dear ikemitsu !
If I correctly understand, you want learn weather data on Dyatlov pass during events? But data only on of Burmantovo meteorological station will not give any helpful information. Weather on the pass differs even that is in 20 km from it much. To Burmantovo meteorological station there is a distance is ~65 km on straight line, the difference in height of arrangement of places makes more semi-kilometer (> 500 metres). In addition it is necessary consider that the arrangement of Burmantovo meteorological station to the east from pass creates
difference in temperature (there colder on the average) and smaller wind speeds.
For example, in January 2015 when we measured speed of wind and temperature on pass, we received (on the average) to nearby-20C …-25C and a wind from 15 to 30 m/s, and the weather archive gives on the average-4C …-20C and wind speed 2 … 3 m/s.
Unfortunately still there is no sufficient statistics of weather on pass that would be possible even on several (I took 9) meteorological stations (both with east, and from West side from Main Ural Ridge), extrapolation method receive truthful enough picture weather for the period of events.
With some share of confidence it is possible  consider that at that time on place where there was tent there was wind speed about 15 … 18 m/s and temperature nearby-15C …-18C. On cedar place, wind practically was not present, and the temperature could be-20C …-24C.
The information about weather on February, 01st and 02 1959 can be found, for example, on site of the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO).

ikemitsu:
Thanks WAB for the reply! I'm not exactly trying to find out the actual weather in the pass. This might sound strange, but I'm only looking for information that was present during the original case inspection in 1959. That's why I would want to know what was in this notebook. So if it's a weather report from Burmantovo, that's fine. It's irrelevant if it's helpful for solving the case, which it obviously isn't.

I've checked the World Meteorological Organisation site before but I can't find the detailed historical data search anywhere...

WAB:

--- Quote from: ikemitsu on June 02, 2019, 10:58:47 PM ---Thanks WAB for the reply! I'm not exactly trying to find out the actual weather in the pass. This might sound strange, but I'm only looking for information that was present during the original case inspection in 1959. That's why I would want to know what was in this notebook. So if it's a weather report from Burmantovo, that's fine. It's irrelevant if it's helpful for solving the case, which it obviously isn't.

I've checked the World Meteorological Organisation site before but I can't find the detailed historical data search anywhere...

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately I cannot answer to you today. But I have written down your questions  (about Burmantovo and about Ivdel) and I will answer as soon as I can it make.

ikemitsu:
Thank you so much WAB if you take the trouble answering me. I really appreciate it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version