March 19, 2024, 02:02:56 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The Yeti/ Bigfoot phenomenon  (Read 12526 times)

February 19, 2019, 01:05:38 AM
Read 12526 times

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Whether or not it is credible that a Yeti was responsible for the events on Kholat Syakhl on 1st Feb 1959, the Bigfoot phenomenon is real.  What I mean is that there are thousands of people who believe that big foot exists.  I have been watching some documentaries on this recently and there are thousands of eye witness accounts from people.  Hunters, hikers, people driving their cars, families just out walking etc.  reports often of a horrid smell just before seeing said creature.  These people obviously believe they seen bigfoot and have no reason to lie.  Yet there is no real concrete evidence.

Is this phenomenon just some psychological thing, or are we dealing with an intelligent animal that has only survived to this day because it is so good at being elusive and avoiding humans, leaving very little traces of its existence?

February 28, 2019, 03:05:36 PM
Reply #1

sarapuk

Whether or not it is credible that a Yeti was responsible for the events on Kholat Syakhl on 1st Feb 1959, the Bigfoot phenomenon is real.  What I mean is that there are thousands of people who believe that big foot exists.  I have been watching some documentaries on this recently and there are thousands of eye witness accounts from people.  Hunters, hikers, people driving their cars, families just out walking etc.  reports often of a horrid smell just before seeing said creature.  These people obviously believe they seen bigfoot and have no reason to lie.  Yet there is no real concrete evidence.

Is this phenomenon just some psychological thing, or are we dealing with an intelligent animal that has only survived to this day because it is so good at being elusive and avoiding humans, leaving very little traces of its existence?

Yes the Big Foot phenomenon seems real enough. Lots of credible sightings etc around the world. But as you say, NO REAL CONCRETE EVIDENCE. I believe people are seeing something. But is it an animal of some kind. There are many good Web Sites dealing with that subject. Its something I keep an eye on. An interesting fact is that there are many reports of UFO activity in the vicinity of Big Foot sightings etc.
DB

February 28, 2019, 03:54:34 PM
Reply #2

Star man

Yes the Big Foot phenomenon seems real enough. Lots of credible sightings etc around the world. But as you say, NO REAL CONCRETE EVIDENCE. I believe people are seeing something. But is it an animal of some kind. There are many good Web Sites dealing with that subject. Its something I keep an eye on. An interesting fact is that there are many reports of UFO activity in the vicinity of Big Foot sightings etc.

I am continuing with my research into this area.  There are some very interesting stories and eye witness accounts.

One of the more recent and interesting stories is: The Cowman.  The name comes from a. Four year old boy who was suppose to be the first of his family to see a big foot creature in a field that was used to graze cows.  Hence the child referred to it as the cowman?  It is really creepy to be honest, but I can't see why the family would make it up.  Basically, two of the children saw it, the eldest one did not see it clearly.  Later, the parents heard the 4 year old talking to someone in his bedroom and when they went to his room found him standing at the window, but whoever he was talking to had gone.  He said he had been talking to the cowman?  The child described the Cowman as being a big man, but hairy like the cows and also stinky like the cows.  He said the Cowman could talk but he couldn't understand him.

Anyway, the following night the husband sat outside with his gun.  They lived in the middle of nowhere by the way.  His wife and children slept in the same room in the house. In the early hours the husband thought he saw movement near the barn and took his gun over to investigate.  Shortly afterwards there was a scream from the house and thenringnof the shot gun. 

His wife said that the 4 year old woke her, he was talking near the window and she could hear weird deep chuntering sounds from outside.  She jumped up and ran to ward the child shot gun in hand.  As she did so a hairy arm came through the window and tried to grab the 4 year old so she shot through the top part of the window, at which point the animal gave some kind of a scream and disappeared.

They left the house ASAP and went to the brothers place.  They forgot to lock the front door.  The next day when they came back the inside of the house was trashed, but nothing taken.  They never went back to the house again.  They never relayed the story to anyone other than close friends for many years and have never made any profit from the story.

There seems to be some very compelling stories and yet no concrete evidence.  I find it quite strange.

March 01, 2019, 11:56:23 AM
Reply #3

sarapuk

I am continuing with my research into this area.  There are some very interesting stories and eye witness accounts.

One of the more recent and interesting stories is: The Cowman.  The name comes from a. Four year old boy who was suppose to be the first of his family to see a big foot creature in a field that was used to graze cows.  Hence the child referred to it as the cowman?  It is really creepy to be honest, but I can't see why the family would make it up.  Basically, two of the children saw it, the eldest one did not see it clearly.  Later, the parents heard the 4 year old talking to someone in his bedroom and when they went to his room found him standing at the window, but whoever he was talking to had gone.  He said he had been talking to the cowman?  The child described the Cowman as being a big man, but hairy like the cows and also stinky like the cows.  He said the Cowman could talk but he couldn't understand him.

Anyway, the following night the husband sat outside with his gun.  They lived in the middle of nowhere by the way.  His wife and children slept in the same room in the house. In the early hours the husband thought he saw movement near the barn and took his gun over to investigate.  Shortly afterwards there was a scream from the house and thenringnof the shot gun. 

His wife said that the 4 year old woke her, he was talking near the window and she could hear weird deep chuntering sounds from outside.  She jumped up and ran to ward the child shot gun in hand.  As she did so a hairy arm came through the window and tried to grab the 4 year old so she shot through the top part of the window, at which point the animal gave some kind of a scream and disappeared.

They left the house ASAP and went to the brothers place.  They forgot to lock the front door.  The next day when they came back the inside of the house was trashed, but nothing taken.  They never went back to the house again.  They never relayed the story to anyone other than close friends for many years and have never made any profit from the story.

There seems to be some very compelling stories and yet no concrete evidence.  I find it quite strange.

Just been looking at a You Tube video on The Cowman. So many convincing stories come out of the USA in particular. It would be interesting to live in the USA and Investigate some of these stories in more detail and also visit the locations. Meanwhile at least we can ponder the various stories and pick out anything that might ring a bell as far as the Dyatlov Incident is concerned. One thing for sure an encounter with a Bigfoot would scare the living daylights out of many people. It could also crush a person to death. And it can survive in very extreme weather conditions.
DB

March 01, 2019, 03:15:57 PM
Reply #4

Star man

Just been looking at a You Tube video on The Cowman. So many convincing stories come out of the USA in particular. It would be interesting to live in the USA and Investigate some of these stories in more detail and also visit the locations. Meanwhile at least we can ponder the various stories and pick out anything that might ring a bell as far as the Dyatlov Incident is concerned. One thing for sure an encounter with a Bigfoot would scare the living daylights out of many people. It could also crush a person to death. And it can survive in very extreme weather conditions.

It seems that there are stories from all over the world, some more interesting than others.  I am sure there are many cases of mistaking identity (bears) and also hoaxes, but some of the stories are more convincing.  I think it deserves further research. 

Scary, I think there would be no doubt about that.  Also, I think such an animal, given its proposed size, could easily dispatch smaller animals, by simply picking them up and throwing them to the ground.

March 18, 2019, 01:22:11 AM
Reply #5

nina.bird007

I do not believe in Bigfoot. This is the same fantastic personality as Batman.

March 18, 2019, 09:21:42 AM
Reply #6

Nigel Evans

It's interesting, there's no evidence that stands objective scrutiny but thousands of reports that have to be taken on trust (photographs, videos, eye witness accounts, Vladimir Putin claims to have seen one!)

If these creatures exist then they must die accidental deaths, fall in rivers and drown etc. Where are the bodies? Not one ever.

March 29, 2019, 01:52:00 PM
Reply #7

sarapuk

It's interesting, there's no evidence that stands objective scrutiny but thousands of reports that have to be taken on trust (photographs, videos, eye witness accounts, Vladimir Putin claims to have seen one!)

If these creatures exist then they must die accidental deaths, fall in rivers and drown etc. Where are the bodies? Not one ever.

Yes thousands of reports in history. Thats an awful lot of sightings and experiences for a supposedly mythical creature. I think the alleged Vladimir Putin sighting was an April Fools Joke. Yes where are the bodies of dead Yeti / Bigfoot. There are 2 million wild Deer in Britain but how often are they seen, apart from those in Parkland settings.
DB

July 09, 2019, 07:17:48 AM
Reply #8

vdersik

When it's the time for yeti, it is relatively easy to exclude this hominide as a suspected factor. These procedures which are about to accuse yeti of the crime must be done on the crime scene, in real time and real place. So far in 1950's some crucial evidences was not taken, the reason is unknown. Yeti existence on the crime scene and its involvement could be proven by some of these procedures/evidences>
1. Footprints around the scene which were not recorded.
2. Evidence of yeti existences in that mountain Kholat Syakhl do not exist. Mansi people nothing had seen.
3. According to biology researchers and scientists yeti does not exists.

- on the crime scene must be collected hair, nails, samples from the wounds MUST be collected, analyzed in laboratory, and DNA profiling and sequencing must be done, if once strange DNA is proven , that fact can be the leading fact in the investigation
- branches that were broken must be examined in detail, were they broken by human leg while climbing or something else (maybe bear or yeti) broke the branches, analyze their size, estimate, could they be broken by a human leg? was any bear capable of breaking them ? Analyze their composition   here physics must give the answers

I think it is easy to know and exclude this creature involvement but here in this case the investigation was done incorrectly! Or we do not now all the information about that case

July 09, 2019, 08:36:02 AM
Reply #9

Star man

When it's the time for yeti, it is relatively easy to exclude this hominide as a suspected factor. These procedures which are about to accuse yeti of the crime must be done on the crime scene, in real time and real place. So far in 1950's some crucial evidences was not taken, the reason is unknown. Yeti existence on the crime scene and its involvement could be proven by some of these procedures/evidences>

. The interring thing is that the heavier and deeper the foot print the more chance it has of being covered up.  Only the lighter prints which stand above the layer of snow that has been blown away remains.

2. Evidence of yeti existences in that mountain Kholat Syakhl do not exist. Mansi people nothing had seen.

- on the crime scene must be collected hair, nails, samples from the wounds MUST be collected, analyzed in laboratory, and DNA profiling and sequencing must be done, if once strange DNA is proven , that fact can be the leading fact in the investigation
- branches that were broken must be examined in detail, were they broken by human leg while climbing or something else (maybe bear or yeti) broke the branches, analyze their size, estimate, could they be broken by a human leg? was any bear capable of breaking them ? Analyze their composition   here physics must give the answers

I think it is easy to know and exclude this creature involvement but here in this case the investigation was done incorrectly! Or we do not now all the information about that case

The scene unfortunately was not preserved and there is little substantial evidence to support any of the theories.  On this basis you can only rule out the yeti if it is your starting assumption.

Regards

Star man

July 09, 2019, 08:39:08 AM
Reply #10

Star man

Apologies but I added some text to your quote that should have been highlighted red.  It is under the foot print bit.  Looks like it is now part of your post but it is mine.

Regards

Star man

July 11, 2019, 02:23:29 PM
Reply #11

sarapuk

When it's the time for yeti, it is relatively easy to exclude this hominide as a suspected factor. These procedures which are about to accuse yeti of the crime must be done on the crime scene, in real time and real place. So far in 1950's some crucial evidences was not taken, the reason is unknown.

Lots of things appear to be missing from the original Investigation including vital real evidence such as THE TENT. ETC.
DB

July 11, 2019, 03:38:55 PM
Reply #12

Star man

When it's the time for yeti, it is relatively easy to exclude this hominide as a suspected factor. These procedures which are about to accuse yeti of the crime must be done on the crime scene, in real time and real place. So far in 1950's some crucial evidences was not taken, the reason is unknown.

Lots of things appear to be missing from the original Investigation including vital real evidence such as THE TENT. ETC.

Yes it's interesting that page 303 is missing.  But page 304 I believe presents clear evidence of at least several cuts from the inside.  I suspect that much of the damage was a result of the poor way the tent was recovered, but there is evidence of 3 clear cuts where the blade has scratched the inside fabric before it penetrated it.  Obviously it tells us nothing about who made the cuts or when or why.

Regards

Star man.

June 21, 2020, 01:45:49 AM
Reply #13

Naufragia

Posting here because it seems the most appropriate place ...

Though I don't myself believe that yeti/menk/almasty had anything to do with the deaths of the Dyatlov hiking group, I do find it plausible that such creatures exist, or at least existed in the very recent past. In fact, I find it really sad to think that we just missed each other, as it were.

There is evidence for such hominids from the Caucasus, Chitral (in Pakistan) and Mongolia, so why not the Urals? Malcolm's Musings: Cryptozoology has some great resources, such as http://malcolmscryptids.blogspot.com/2012/03/creatures-of-caucasus-1-background.html and http://malcolmscryptids.blogspot.com/2012/05/yeti-of-pakistan-1.html#more.

Malcolm also does sea serpents - not relevant here, but very cool. wink1

June 22, 2020, 06:28:28 AM
Reply #14

alecsandros

Posting here because it seems the most appropriate place ...

Though I don't myself believe that yeti/menk/almasty had anything to do with the deaths of the Dyatlov hiking group, I do find it plausible that such creatures exist, or at least existed in the very recent past. In fact, I find it really sad to think that we just missed each other, as it were.

There is evidence for such hominids from the Caucasus, Chitral (in Pakistan) and Mongolia, so why not the Urals? Malcolm's Musings: Cryptozoology has some great resources, such as http://malcolmscryptids.blogspot.com/2012/03/creatures-of-caucasus-1-background.html and http://malcolmscryptids.blogspot.com/2012/05/yeti-of-pakistan-1.html#more.

Malcolm also does sea serpents - not relevant here, but very cool. wink1
Many thanks for the links ! They are most interesting, and present scientific articles concerning the habitat and behaviour of the Almasty (Caucasian Yeti).

It's a shame the amount of sightings were already in stark decline at the time the articles were written (the early 1960s and 1980s). Perhaps the Almasty no longer exists... ?