Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Fall from tree

(1/30) > >>

Loose}{Cannon:
What type of injuries do you suppose can result from a fall like this…. hitting multiple branches on the way down and god knows what on the ground?

Are we certain this didn’t happen? If so, is it possible an injured person was moved to the ravine? 

I could have made this video an hour long but I’ll spare you the cringe….  lol.

Почемучка:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on January 16, 2023, 11:21:52 AM ---What type of injuries do you suppose can result from a fall like this…. hitting multiple branches on the way down and god knows what on the ground?

Are we certain this didn’t happen? If so, is it possible an injured person was moved to the ravine? 

--- End quote ---

Одна и принципиальная ошибка. Нужно то самое дерево. Оно называется сибирская сосна - кедр.
Разумеется - если постараться, то упасть можно с любого дерева.
Кедр характеризуется тем, что у него  - очень густая крона. Это хорошо видно на фото с поисков.
У нас в Кузбассе - этих кедров как Донов Педров в Бразилии. Лазаем по ним с детства. Национальное развлечение.
Я будучи подростком - лазала по кедрам. Сложновато с него так рухнуть как с дуба. Если хорошая реакция - то за что-нибудь по пути полета: ухватишься. Ну если жить охота.

One fundamental mistake. You need the same tree. It is called Siberian pine - cedar.
Of course - if you try, you can fall from any tree.
Cedar is characterized by the fact that it has a very dense crown. This is clearly seen in the photo from the search.
In Kuzbass we have these cedars like Donov Pedrov in Brazil. We've been climbing them since childhood. national entertainment.
As a teenager, I climbed cedars. It's hard to fall off of him like an oak tree. If the reaction is good, then something along the way of the flight: you will grab it. Well, if you want to live.
https://z-lines.ru/kedr-sibirskij.html

П.С. У нас есть тенденция садить в своих усадьбах - кедры. Ну как если бы - в других странах садили например дуб или сакуру.
P.S. We have a tendency to plant cedars in our estates. Well, as if - in other countries they planted, for example, oak or sakura.

GlennM:
I see how this affected his shortcomings! It is not for nothing that arborists carrymso much equipment. It would be folly od desperation to induce someone to climb snow covered branches. For what? Wood? Reconnaissance? Certainly, there is little to be gained in such activity.

I can hear it now. The hikers saw a distant threat. They left the tent right away to prevent detainment or worse. At the cedar, a very small warming fire was made. Some one or two volunteered to be lookouts. It did not end well for them.  The rest hid in a snow cave. Later, three tried to regain the tent. All died after being found out, beaten and otherwise stranded.
Dead men tell no tales.  It will be interesting see where this thread goes.

Loose}{Cannon:

--- Quote from: Почемучка on January 16, 2023, 11:56:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on January 16, 2023, 11:21:52 AM ---What type of injuries do you suppose can result from a fall like this…. hitting multiple branches on the way down and god knows what on the ground?

--- End quote ---

Одна и принципиальная ошибка. Нужно то самое дерево. Оно называется сибирская сосна - кедр.
Разумеется - если постараться, то упасть можно с любого дерева.
Кедр характеризуется тем, что у него  - очень густая крона. Это хорошо видно на фото с поисков.
У нас в Кузбассе - этих кедров как Донов Педров в Бразилии. Лазаем по ним с детства. Национальное развлечение.
Я будучи подростком - лазала по кедрам. Сложновато с него так рухнуть как с дуба. Если хорошая реакция - то за что-нибудь по пути полета: ухватишься. Ну если жить охота.

One fundamental mistake. You need the same tree. It is called Siberian pine - cedar.
Of course - if you try, you can fall from any tree.
Cedar is characterized by the fact that it has a very dense crown. This is clearly seen in the photo from the search.
In Kuzbass we have these cedars like Donov Pedrov in Brazil. We've been climbing them since childhood. national entertainment.
As a teenager, I climbed cedars. It's hard to fall off of him like an oak tree. If the reaction is good, then something along the way of the flight: you will grab it. Well, if you want to live.
https://z-lines.ru/kedr-sibirskij.html

П.С. У нас есть тенденция садить в своих усадьбах - кедры. Ну как если бы - в других странах садили например дуб или сакуру.
P.S. We have a tendency to plant cedars in our estates. Well, as if - in other countries they planted, for example, oak or sakura.

--- End quote ---

https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=78.msg17874#msg17874

Slightly different from the picture you post, but I’ll bite.

I don’t care what tree you fall from, injures are fairly certain.  I just saw a news clip where someone died as a result of a tree fall.  I understand climbing trees is a fun and entertaining thing to do and zi would wager this behavior is not specialized to russia.  I myself snapped my arm in half falling from a tree.  😉

marieuk:
Well I hope your arm recovered without any lastng problems.  I would guess fractures of the arm would be the most likely injury, but if you're hitting all the branches from a great height then there's the potential for all sorts of injuries, including head, chest and spine.  Do you think one or all of the 3 badly injured fell from the tree? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version