Theories Discussion > General Discussion

ChatGPT on raised footprints

(1/4) > >>

Manti:
Me: what conditions are required for raised footprints to form in snow?
ChatGPT: Raised footprints in snow are typically formed when the snow is powdery and dry. This type of snow is known as "fluffy" or "powdery" snow. It is easy to compress and does not stick together well, which allows the snow to be pushed aside as someone walks through it. The snow needs to be cold enough to maintain its powdery consistency, otherwise it will be more wet and heavy and will not form raised footprints. The temperature and humidity also play a role in forming raised footprints in snow. Low humidity and low temperature are ideal conditions for the formation of raised footprints in snow.

Looks like the common wisdom that the snow needed to be wet and temperatures mild, is wrong?

Ziljoe:

--- Quote from: Manti on January 19, 2023, 05:15:11 PM ---Me: what conditions are required for raised footprints to form in snow?
ChatGPT: Raised footprints in snow are typically formed when the snow is powdery and dry. This type of snow is known as "fluffy" or "powdery" snow. It is easy to compress and does not stick together well, which allows the snow to be pushed aside as someone walks through it. The snow needs to be cold enough to maintain its powdery consistency, otherwise it will be more wet and heavy and will not form raised footprints. The temperature and humidity also play a role in forming raised footprints in snow. Low humidity and low temperature are ideal conditions for the formation of raised footprints in snow.

Looks like the common wisdom that the snow needed to be wet and temperatures mild, is wrong?

--- End quote ---

Hi Manti

Who's chatGPT?

I think something's lost in the translation. It's the compressed snow that goes hard. The foot print  only looks raised after the surrounding softer/non compacted snow above and below the foot steps is blown away. I think....

I think he's describing a raised pile of snow.

Ziljoe:
Or he's talking about raised footprints as in the detail of the markings of the actual boot print . If it was Powder it would be blown away.

RMK:

--- Quote from: Manti on January 19, 2023, 05:15:11 PM ---Looks like the common wisdom that the snow needed to be wet and temperatures mild, is wrong?

--- End quote ---
I wouldn't be so sure.  ChatGPT sometimes outputs responses that are confident and articulate, but factually incorrect.  Did you ask it if it knows what raised footprints are in the first place?

Manti:

--- Quote from: Ziljoe on January 19, 2023, 05:40:55 PM ---Or he's talking about raised footprints as in the detail of the markings of the actual boot print . If it was Powder it would be blown away.

--- End quote ---
ChatGPT is an AI currently in public beta.

--- Quote from: RMK on January 20, 2023, 12:56:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Manti on January 19, 2023, 05:15:11 PM ---Looks like the common wisdom that the snow needed to be wet and temperatures mild, is wrong?

--- End quote ---
I wouldn't be so sure.  ChatGPT sometimes outputs responses that are confident and articulate, but factually incorrect.  Did you ask it if it knows what raised footprints are in the first place?

--- End quote ---
You are right... However in this case I think it might be correct:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version