Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Gale force winds can push large sections of snow around .

(1/13) > >>

Tim:
It’s pretty clear that this theory has to start by determining why they left their belongings..This logical approach Is usually dismissed  because any theory that has mentioned,a snow slide, has been contaminated. However no one has brought to light that gale force winds could easily have moved a section of snow gravity could not have on it's own. It stands to reason that this may have happened. After the first cave in they had to cut themselves out, once  they were out, the wind pushed the remaining section of snow wall  onto the tent burying the needed supplies to survive. Dressed only in tent clothes. THEY ARE NOW ON DEATHS CLOCK.  They can barely hear each other and their hands are starting to freeze trying to dig out there supplies. 10 minuets have gone by and they are feeling the effects of exposure.   Now a decision has to be made because they need heat immediately, not gloves or boots, They have matches, they are traveling as fast as they can against the wind, this is not a purposeful slow decent....After a few weeks the raised footprints emerge and the snow on the tent has been blown away......I know this may seem far fetched, but it is not as far fetched as other theories....This explains why they left without their gear...Note: This was a bad tent in always need of repair...they had to make sure the tent was protected from the high winds that were starting..and they were well dressed to do this, Someone even snapped a couple of photos of this....no worries...This is a logical theory and not an emotional theory...but it still could be wrong which would not surprise me...

Monty:
It's a fair scenario. Given there are many alternative assumptions, can it fit in the missing tongue and the need to climb five metres up a rugged tree? I think there is merit in this scenario you describe. Would they really beat the life out of each other? Possible. But one of them must therefore survived the battle Royale and died of the cold.

Star man:

--- Quote from: Tim on January 18, 2020, 06:17:28 AM ---Right when you leave off from your original theory a new one emerges causing you to go back to it as I just did with Holmgren's theory. I always have said that the Hikers built an additional snow wall for added protection and two of the hiker's went out to the bathroom and unintentionally dislodged it onto the tent, explaining the chunks of snow found on the tent. Retreat to the tree line ,build a fire, and asses the tent in the day time. Holmgren said" they put snow on the tent from keeping it from blowing away and return in the morning" Logical. Either they fought at the shelter because of a disagreement to leave at such a late hour or at the cedar tree to where they punched out Igor for putting them in this situation... The snowpack, water intrusion and gravity I have always said caused the crushing injuries, Holmgren nailed it by saying their snow wall collapsed onto them creating a snap shot of their deaths...It was hard to go against the reports, but I think this is a more likely ending to this mystery. The Holmgren documentary is amazing and plausible.

--- End quote ---

Why retreat to the tree line without your shoes and outer clothing? 

Regards

Star man

Star man:

--- Quote from: Monty on January 18, 2020, 01:21:50 PM ---It's a fair scenario. Given there are many alternative assumptions, can it fit in the missing tongue and the need to climb five metres up a rugged tree? I think there is merit in this scenario you describe. Would they really beat the life out of each other? Possible. But one of them must therefore survived the battle Royale and died of the cold.

--- End quote ---

With respect to the possibility that their injuries were caused by the collapsing snow in the den you make a good point.  If they were crushed under the snow, how would scavengers be able to get at them to take eyes and tongue?

Regards
Star man

Tim:
Excellent point,  Considering the human body is 96% water, and having a continuous supply of water flowing , plus , the time in the water, eyes ,tounge and skin ( Soft Tissues)don't stand a chance against the elements..I'm a termite inspector, we also list wood destroying organisms ,such as fungus, left unchecked will turn a 2x4 into mush until the water source is corrected...I believe the other bodies left exposed were picked at by critters.. It was an amazing revelation to me that ,Holmgren ,made the Incredible revelation that Luda was climbing back into the snow cave right when it collapsed...Then the bodies slid around with the snow pact and eventually into the stream..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version