Theories Discussion > KGB / Radiation / Military involvement

Low Yield Nuclear Test - Tragic Accident version 2

<< < (29/29)

Star man:

--- Quote from: mk on September 16, 2020, 03:45:14 PM ---Ahhh... I see what you're saying. That makes sense--thanks!

ETA:  That's a good point about the symmetry and composition of the photo if turned 90 degrees.

--- End quote ---

Also interesting is the pattern on Dyatlov's wooley hat.  Still speculative.

Regards

Star man

GKM:
Is it possible to find a different source then Wikipedia? Injuries from falls I mean. Perhaps the WHO? Wikipedia, in my opinion, is not always the greatest source of information.

Star man:

--- Quote from: GKM on December 13, 2020, 08:12:07 AM ---Is it possible to find a different source then Wikipedia? Injuries from falls I mean. Perhaps the WHO? Wikipedia, in my opinion, is not always the greatest source of information.

--- End quote ---

Wikipedia is useful, but agree it is not entirely trustworthy.  However for the injuries we don't need Wikipedia.  There has been several examinations of the chest injuries by people on the forum who all conclude similarly on the amount of force and type of impacts needed to cause the injuries.  They were caused by a massive blow of high speed.  A fall or impact beyond physical human capability.

Regards

Star man

Ryan:
I see a lot of evidence against a low yield nuclear test.

1. Clothing is contaminated with beta only. Fission products include gamma and beta. I’d expect Cs-137 and Cs-134. Mobility of Cs relative to Sr is not an answer; there’s plenty of Cs left in Chernobyl and Fukushima.

2. Khrushchev was primarily responsible for negotiating a testing moratorium with the US and UK as of Nov ‘58. Khrushchev had more to gain from the test ban (since an arms race would bankrupt the Soviets before it could hurt the US), which is probably why the US and UK initially weren’t interested but joined begrudgingly. Khrushchev isn’t going to cheat by conducting an atmospheric nuclear test in the Urals three months later, seeing as he has more to lose.

3. The US only agreed to the moratorium because they were fairly confident that they could detect cheating. They were highly confident in their ability to detect atmospheric tests, slightly less so for underground. Atmospheric tests spew radionuclides into the atmosphere. The US would have pounced on any sign of Soviet cheating, as Eisenhower was facing political heat for agreeing to it in the first place. But the US detected nothing.

4. It takes a lot of infrastructure to conduct nuclear weapons tests and get reliable data. The need for secrecy is especially strong because they are violating an international commitment. This area is too populated. There are indigenous residents. People would notice the test and the military buildup. Soldiers would talk. Something like this couldn’t be kept secret.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Ryan on February 21, 2021, 07:40:06 PM ---I see a lot of evidence against a low yield nuclear test.

1. Clothing is contaminated with beta only. Fission products include gamma and beta. I’d expect Cs-137 and Cs-134. Mobility of Cs relative to Sr is not an answer; there’s plenty of Cs left in Chernobyl and Fukushima.

2. Khrushchev was primarily responsible for negotiating a testing moratorium with the US and UK as of Nov ‘58. Khrushchev had more to gain from the test ban (since an arms race would bankrupt the Soviets before it could hurt the US), which is probably why the US and UK initially weren’t interested but joined begrudgingly. Khrushchev isn’t going to cheat by conducting an atmospheric nuclear test in the Urals three months later, seeing as he has more to lose.

3. The US only agreed to the moratorium because they were fairly confident that they could detect cheating. They were highly confident in their ability to detect atmospheric tests, slightly less so for underground. Atmospheric tests spew radionuclides into the atmosphere. The US would have pounced on any sign of Soviet cheating, as Eisenhower was facing political heat for agreeing to it in the first place. But the US detected nothing.

4. It takes a lot of infrastructure to conduct nuclear weapons tests and get reliable data. The need for secrecy is especially strong because they are violating an international commitment. This area is too populated. There are indigenous residents. People would notice the test and the military buildup. Soldiers would talk. Something like this couldn’t be kept secret.

--- End quote ---

Yes a lot of people over look the fact that the area contained indigenous tribes who would certainly know if such things went on. The Mansi in particular were well aware of everything that went on it that part of Siberia. They knew about the legends of the Menk. And they knew about the strange lights in the sky, UFO's. Etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version