March 18, 2024, 09:07:41 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Why move the bodies?  (Read 23388 times)

April 24, 2021, 01:00:47 AM
Reply #30

Monty

Dona (reply 28)
My assumption was based on the photo called "den", the floor that has been excavated would require another metre or two of snow on it at the time of digging by the hikers. It then remained undiscovered for several months but doesn't seem to have accumulated more than a couple of further metres. Am happy to be convinced otherwise, and of course it is only an assumption and not a factual statement.

April 24, 2021, 08:21:54 AM
Reply #31

Dona

The walls only need to be one foot thick So, certainly doable there.

April 25, 2021, 12:33:20 PM
Reply #32

Monty

Hi Dona. When you say the walls need only be one foot thick, are you envisaging an igloo type structure?

April 25, 2021, 12:40:08 PM
Reply #33

Dona

Hello

No. I watched some YouTube videos and thats what they said..

April 25, 2021, 12:45:23 PM
Reply #34

Monty

My on going objection to the"cave" idea is it would require quite deep packed snow and a team of diggers. The latter is for me not a given, the former debatable. I still believe the"den" was a flat spot, on which branches were placed to reduce heat transfer. If so, they chose the location as the fire area was no longer life giving.

April 25, 2021, 12:47:58 PM
Reply #35

Dona

Why do think think they would NOT build one?

April 25, 2021, 12:52:56 PM
Reply #36

Monty

If you assume those found in the ravine built the den whilst alive in their state of dress it's a tough ask. With their injuries, impossible.

April 25, 2021, 12:58:18 PM
Reply #37

Dona

I dont think the Rav4 dug it.. They have no injuries to their hands.

I heard the wood was at ground level.. So, they had to have dug, to some degree.. And it was the only thing that would have saved their lives.. I cant see then not doing it.

April 25, 2021, 01:04:37 PM
Reply #38

Monty

So would you propose some of the remaining five dug it?

April 25, 2021, 01:08:14 PM
Reply #39

Dona

April 25, 2021, 01:13:24 PM
Reply #40

Dona

Probably Zena, Igor and Rustem.. Yuri and Georgy seem to be on some kind of sentry duty..

April 25, 2021, 01:21:45 PM
Reply #41

Paf

If the 2 Yuri died after the Den 4, how can we explain the fact they're undressed and that the Den 4 have their clothes on ?
It's not totally impossible, but it seems strange.

On the picture, they don't look like they were swapping clothes on a regular basis. The only explanation I see would bee the den 4 grab anything they can in the tent (happening to have lots of Doroshenko and Krivo's clothes) but didn't share with them ?
You hypothesis can still work with only Dyatlov, Zina and Slobodin digging the den.

April 25, 2021, 01:23:53 PM
Reply #42

Monty

So at the point of digging, at least seven were still alive. Three then vacate up hill and four die in situ. Where were the three going?

April 25, 2021, 01:24:59 PM
Reply #43

Dona

Possibly the just grabbed o clothes as the could.. I just cant see Luda outliving Georgy..

Yep, I think  they dug it.. Yuri and Georgy were on tree and fire duty.. Or thats what they chose for themselves..

April 25, 2021, 01:26:31 PM
Reply #44

Dona

At this point.. and its still early for me.. I think they were spying on the tent.. to see if the coast was clear..possibly.. They didnt retrace their steps back..

April 25, 2021, 01:45:23 PM
Reply #45

Paf

But then, if Dyatlov, Zina and Slobodin die on their way up after digging, how are the Den 4 dying ? If The "slop 3" were at the den, why didn't get hrt the same way the other did ?  Where, how did Dubinina and Zolotaryov get their injuries ? And to go back to the subject, haw did they move out of the den ?

(They may have stayed in the den : i'm looking at it, but the snow may have just "pushed them" while slowly sliding into the ravine. Bienko talk about this possibility -sorry, i'll have to look back for the reference -It was not on this site.)

April 25, 2021, 01:52:06 PM
Reply #46

Monty

Hi Dona, reply 44. Will have to think about this scenario. What were the ravine deceased doing whilst the ravine was being dug. Let me think for a while. It is a possibility.

April 25, 2021, 01:54:25 PM
Reply #47

Dona

Hi Dona, reply 44. Will have to think about this scenario. What were the ravine deceased doing whilst the ravine was being dug. Let me think for a while. It is a possibility.

Dying.. :)

April 25, 2021, 01:56:42 PM
Reply #48

Dona

But then, if Dyatlov, Zina and Slobodin die on their way up after digging, how are the Den 4 dying ? If The "slop 3" were at the den, why didn't get hrt the same way the other did ?  Where, how did Dubinina and Zolotaryov get their injuries ? And to go back to the subject, haw did they move out of the den ?

(They may have stayed in the den : i'm looking at it, but the snow may have just "pushed them" while slowly sliding into the ravine. Bienko talk about this possibility -sorry, i'll have to look back for the reference -It was not on this site.)

They did  get hit like the others.. Rustem has a fractured skull and Zena had  one of the 6 temple wounds.. and more more..

April 25, 2021, 01:58:20 PM
Reply #49

Dona

Also, they werent in the ravine yet.. Maybe some were but  Simon wasnt, for sure.. His lividity has him dying on his back yet he is in the ravine on his side..

April 25, 2021, 02:05:13 PM
Reply #50

Dona

The hikers didnt put the rav4 in the ravine..  Someone else did..

April 25, 2021, 05:05:18 PM
Reply #51

Dona

Stacy Galloway, author of the book "Death of Nine" states the eyes were injured  while Simon and Luda were alive..

April 27, 2021, 10:08:00 AM
Reply #52

Dona

So, what we have here is Luda, essentially bare legged with just panties, tights,  stockings and a garter belt on, with nearly a half gallon of blood in her lung space.. and she out lives Georgy and Yuri..

WTH?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 01:06:45 PM by Dona »

April 27, 2021, 10:44:55 AM
Reply #53

Monty

Perhaps the four hikers found together died in the position they were found in, but died on the branch seating. Then they were shunted by shifting snow and carried by melt water to their final position?

April 27, 2021, 11:55:14 AM
Reply #54

Dona

Anything is possible but, they are all  perfectly lined up..so.. I dont think so. Doesn't seem random .

April 27, 2021, 01:13:16 PM
Reply #55

Dona

Update"

Hikers with injuries to the SIDES of their heads:

Alex
Nick
Georgy
Rustem
Zena
Luda
Simon

Hikers with wounds to the  back of their heads : 0

Hikers with wounds to the front of their heads: 0

Hikers with wounds to the top of their heads: 0

This is not a coincidence.

April 27, 2021, 05:18:48 PM
Reply #56

Paf

Stacy Galloway, author of the book "Death of Nine" states the eyes were injured  while Simon and Luda were alive..
What bring her to this conclusion ?

If it's "injured", could it be something like a  bad bacterial ophthalmia ? From rubbing their eyes with snowy mittens.
Their eyes didn't "pop out" or weren't removed while alive, but the cornea was damaged, allowing water & bugs to eat them easily.

Perhaps the four hikers found together died in the position they were found in, but died on the branch seating. Then they were shunted by shifting snow and carried by melt water to their final position?

I agree with that.
There's lined up because the snow, even dragging them, has no reason to push on quicker than the other. Lyuda went a bit to far and fall in the next bassin, and maybe while the snow was melting Semyon and Sacha rolled a bit, but there were all going the same speed.

Though, that implies that the snow cave was a real one : they were really burried in snow. If they had been under a over-hang or anything of that kind, they would have stay in place : Even if the overhang broke at some point, it would have reform above them while the snow cover was going forward.

April 27, 2021, 06:51:51 PM
Reply #57

Dona

Stacy Galloway was   referencing an histological report and said there was active bleeding in the sockets.. I dont think  those reports are on this site.. Not that I know of

April 27, 2021, 07:12:00 PM
Reply #58

Dona

The only thing I can think of as far as Luda..  Yuri died of pulmonary edema.. Maybe he was a mouth  breather and the cold air hit him hard causing lung damage   or he had just had a cold etc.. His lungs may have been compromised to begin with and died fairly  quickly.. and the clothes on Luda were his. Or, she had them on when she left the tent.

Hmmm and he doesnt have a head injury..  hmm, maybe there is a clue in that..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 08:22:20 PM by Dona »

April 27, 2021, 09:11:39 PM
Reply #59

Paf

Well, honestly, by -30/40, everybody is a mouth breather if you don't have a scarf in front of your nose ! ^^
Your nose is freezing cold as well... :p

(breathing in the mouth and out the nose is also a good option ; you end up with a stalactite under your nose (or a totally frozen mustach), but it's less painfull than a frosbitten tip of the nose -I had a blister just there 2 years ago cry2. a real clown nose for a few days ! )