April 19, 2024, 06:56:52 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Footprints  (Read 21794 times)

January 20, 2021, 04:46:38 AM
Reply #60

DAXXY

confusing translation :

from the autopsy report for Yuri K:

'On the rear inside surface of the left shin there is an abrasions'
Does this mean the left inner ankle ? or did the pathologist look under the skin of the left shin ?  A shin is usually the front lower leg.

January 20, 2021, 01:13:20 PM
Reply #61

marieuk

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but I would guess that it means the back of the left lower leg on the inner side?  Obviously, just a guess so could be totally wrong. Maybe someone who can read the original autopsy report will be able to tell you exactly what it means 

January 20, 2021, 02:40:23 PM
Reply #62

Manti

Consequently, how can this heel footprint be explained ?

About these photos.. What are we supposed to be looking at here?
Zina, Igor, Rustik were found under some snow, not much but enough to cover and hide them and enough so that they had to be dug out. And here are photos both showing very fresh prints.Even if wind blows away new snow in certain areas, features will be smoothed out by friction. Look at the second photo. That long print in the snow (is it the print of a ski?) is visibly more eroded than the "footprint". The footprint has crisp sharp edges.

And the first one, doesn't it look like something has been dragged on the snow that smoothed out the surface, and then there's a bootprint on top of that? Also very fresh.
And a multitude of other small prints around on both photos. I don't know what to think but this is not how snow in remote areas looks, this is not "virgin snow".

Good points.  Why isn't a thorough analysis of the foot prints in the case files?   Would have expected more photographs, measurements, estimate of the age of the prints etc.

Regards

Star man
The footprint in the second photo is fresh, same day, perhaps from the previous day if there has been absolutely no snow and no wind. Certainly not from the time the Dyatlov Group could have walked there because we know there has been snowfall between the time they perished and they were found.

I guess these are photos made by the search team, and not the investigator, before they found the first bodies?Because photographing fresh footprints after finding bodies under snow makes no sense.

January 20, 2021, 04:36:31 PM
Reply #63

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Consequently, how can this heel footprint be explained ?

About these photos.. What are we supposed to be looking at here?
Zina, Igor, Rustik were found under some snow, not much but enough to cover and hide them and enough so that they had to be dug out. And here are photos both showing very fresh prints.Even if wind blows away new snow in certain areas, features will be smoothed out by friction. Look at the second photo. That long print in the snow (is it the print of a ski?) is visibly more eroded than the "footprint". The footprint has crisp sharp edges.

And the first one, doesn't it look like something has been dragged on the snow that smoothed out the surface, and then there's a bootprint on top of that? Also very fresh.
And a multitude of other small prints around on both photos. I don't know what to think but this is not how snow in remote areas looks, this is not "virgin snow".

Good points.  Why isn't a thorough analysis of the foot prints in the case files?   Would have expected more photographs, measurements, estimate of the age of the prints etc.

Regards

Star man
The footprint in the second photo is fresh, same day, perhaps from the previous day if there has been absolutely no snow and no wind. Certainly not from the time the Dyatlov Group could have walked there because we know there has been snowfall between the time they perished and they were found.

I guess these are photos made by the search team, and not the investigator, before they found the first bodies?Because photographing fresh footprints after finding bodies under snow makes no sense.

Senior Forensic Investigator, Genrietta Eliseevna Churkina, carried out an Investigation of the Footprints, in situ. But for some reason the Authorities never made public the findings. I wonder why ! ?  She also carried out the Forensic Investigation of the Tent. And she was also present at the Autopsies. Apparently the Authorities wanted the Case closed as quickly as possible and so Investigators were Edited so to speak. Why would the Authorities want to do that  !  ? 
DB