April 25, 2024, 10:57:34 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Almost time  (Read 13616 times)

January 26, 2021, 11:06:48 AM
Read 13616 times

GKM

New book drops soon.  popcorn1 read1 .Anxiously awaiting it. Even memorized my cc number in case I can't find it.

January 26, 2021, 11:09:07 AM
Reply #1

GKM

The card not the book. Happens more often than I like to admit.  whist1

January 26, 2021, 11:18:19 AM
Reply #2

Teddy

Administrator
I got an endorsement from Douglas Preston

"The Dyatlov Pass Incident is one of the most confounding mysteries of the 20th century. Since it occurred in the Soviet Union sixty two years ago, it has gained world-wide fame and an international following, resulting in dozens of books, articles, and documentary films. Teodora Hadjiyska is one of the world’s foremost authorities on the Dyatlov enigma and also the creator of Dyatlovpass.com, the most comprehensive website on the subject. I highly recommend her work!"

– Douglas Preston, International bestselling author and journalist

January 26, 2021, 11:38:24 AM
Reply #3

GKM

I have read several of his books. I really like his fictional stories. High praise, Teddy. If you have solved this case, and I have faith in you and your writing partner, you are going to be reaping major rewards, and deservingly so. Please tell me....Is it the YETI? lol2

January 26, 2021, 11:49:55 AM
Reply #4

Ziljoe

I'm nervous and excited at the same time.
I don't want the journey to end. thumb1

January 26, 2021, 11:55:34 AM
Reply #5

RidgeWatcher

What a great endorsement. I read Doug Preston's "The Monster of Florence" awhile back and really enjoyed that non-fiction story. Happily awaiting your book Teddy, can hardly wait is more like it. I am saving my book title guess for the last minute. So exciting.  dance1

January 27, 2021, 12:33:17 AM
Reply #6

GKM

How about an autographed copy for the person who finishes the book first? wink1

January 27, 2021, 12:37:47 AM
Reply #7

GKM

Five more days! In case you can't tell, I am very excited.  thumb1

January 27, 2021, 12:56:08 AM
Reply #8

Teddy

Administrator
How about an autographed copy for the person who finishes the book first? wink1
Digital signature good enough?
We are two authors - one in Russia, I live in Austria. You are in the US. The book is printed... I don't know where Amazon does their print on demand, but this book will be the most traveled merchandise in 2021. If you go to the pass I'll meet you there and sign the book in person, how about that?

January 27, 2021, 06:20:54 AM
Reply #9

GKM

Sounds good. If I ever make it to the pass I will be sure to look for you. I believe you and your writing partner will give us a very good book. Best of luck to you both.

January 28, 2021, 12:54:34 AM
Reply #10

GKM

4 days.  read1

January 28, 2021, 01:07:52 AM
Reply #11

Teddy

Administrator
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:14:10 AM by Teddy »

January 28, 2021, 02:29:58 AM
Reply #12

tekumze

Above all, I can’t wait to see what happens after 4 days. Of course for my personal reasons.
I deal a lot with human cognition of understanding events that are basically considered inexplicable.
And if historical memory doesn’t fool me, this case will be the first in history to be solved by publishing a book (on Amazon). At least that's what it promises. If I'm not mistaken. If I am wrong in the final disclosure and it is just another one of the theories, then everything makes no sense except profit. Because different theories are discussed in one way or another on forums, radios, television ...
Especially since a similar case that attracts people equally is the murder of Jack the Ripper. There have been quite a few books in which the authors have argued that if you buy their book, you will get an answer as to who Jack the Ripper really was. But the truth is, for now, we know who Jack the Ripper was, exactly as much as we knew before the release of all these books.
My personal opinion is that these things are not solved this way. We'll see how wrong I am. If. I will publicly apologize on this forum.
P.s .: Do you know what was written in the book How to Get Rich?
Just one sentence: Write a book on how to get rich.  bigjoke

January 28, 2021, 02:42:45 AM
Reply #13

Teddy

Administrator
Why a book I have explained here: https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=756.msg11529#msg11529
You really think I am doing this for money?
You are trashing me before you have read the book, tekumze. Thank you for all your support, and you are welcome into the forum.
Besides, if I wanted money I would have jammed this forum and the site with advertisement.

January 28, 2021, 03:02:13 AM
Reply #14

Teddy

Administrator
This case have thought me a lot about human behavior, and I mean of the followers of the vase, the researchers, the so called obsessives.
Since there is no much they can do about the case they start picking on each other.
I was expecting a wave of criticism after the book comes out, but boy, you started chewing on me even before that?
Aren't you at least curious what I have to say?
And no, I can't publish it on the forum because there are 200 pages of documents which for you to understand the theory AND ARGUE need to read them all.
The only format to do so is a book.
Basically you are arguing about me getting paid, and solving the case is beside the point.
Your line of thinking is mind boggling.
I am not writing a book just so I have a book, I HAVE A SOLUTION TO THE CASE.

January 28, 2021, 03:17:22 AM
Reply #15

tekumze

Dear Teddy,
Like I said, this will be my first case that will show me that I still have a lot of work to do. Nothing personal. It’s simply something I haven’t come across in 40 years. So far, everyone has behaved according to some predictable pattern. And I’ll be happy to say: Teddy, I apologize for not being able to believe this was possible. And you proved it to me.
No offense.
I appreciate you and because of that I allow myself to be a little provocative.
  thanky1

January 28, 2021, 03:34:12 AM
Reply #16

Teddy

Administrator
Fair enough.
As the deadline is nearing so are my physical limitations.
I am only human. I promise to react on all the provocations after the book is out.
You just took me by surprise. But at least I will know who to face when the battle begins.

I felt like a sucker in a 10 paces duel being shot on pace №3.
Didn't expect it, that's all.

I know that after the book is out I will be publicly lynched.
I don't expect a monument.

January 28, 2021, 04:09:18 AM
Reply #17

Teddy

Administrator
@tekumze: You have the advantage of having the option to read the book in Russian. It sounds so much better in Russian, as this whole case in general. I am fighting for the rest of the underprivileged world that will have to read it in English.
Secondly, if anyone gets rich from the book this is Amazon. They get 60% even on the eBook by doing nothing.

January 28, 2021, 04:16:35 AM
Reply #18

GKM

Teddy, I have the utmost faith in you and if write that it was a YETI  then a YETI it is. I know I can't solve the case, not all the way in Mississippi. However, I have an open mind, for the most part, and I am still riding high on the Kamala Harris as vice president thrill, still excites me that a woman is vice president of the United States. The added thrill of Trump being out of office and I have yet to have a single member of my family get Covid. You and your partner solving the case is dessert. Watch out for your American readers claiming the book and solution to the case was "STOLEN ". 4 DAYS.  thumb1

January 28, 2021, 04:32:57 AM
Reply #19

GKM

Just for the record most writers, regardless of self publishing or or with a publishing house rarely get rich. There are noted exceptions, Stephen King, Patricia Cornwell, and a few others who could sell a phone book if they wrote one. Advertising, on the other hand, pays well. I have NEVER seen a single ad on this website. No, Teddy will not please everyone and many will probably disagree with her, I bet she can name the ones on this forum, but let's give them a chance before the nooses are brought out and a tall tree searched for. Regardless of what she writes at least give her a chance to write it. My money is on you and your partner, Teddy.

January 28, 2021, 04:39:34 AM
Reply #20

Teddy

Administrator
Watch out for your American readers claiming the book and solution to the case was "STOLEN ".

That's the thing, it is so unique that no one can claim it stolen.
Even for this fact alone - coming up with a novel theory that no one has thought of for 62 years it deserves a special attention.
It is not just novel, it is the only possible.
After I drop the bomb with all the documents stringed neatly into a logical sequence, I want to see how will they claim it.
Under the banner of "THIS IS HOW THEY DIED" there is a narrative with real characters of what happened. No one, I mean NO ONE has ever paid attention to them.
They inserted themselves into the search, the investigation, loitering with intent on every step of the case...

I will no get back to planning what am I gonna do when I get rich  nea1
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 04:43:54 AM by Teddy »

January 28, 2021, 04:52:34 AM
Reply #21

tekumze

@tekumze: You have the advantage of having the option to read the book in Russian. It sounds so much better in Russian, as this whole case in general. I am fighting for the rest of the underprivileged world that will have to read it in English.
Secondly, if anyone gets rich from the book this is Amazon. They get 60% even on the eBook by doing nothing.

Dear Teddy,
Unfortunately, I do not understand Russian. I am Slovenian and I live in Slovenia (a neighbor from Austria).
As for the debates about money and profit, don't worry. Neither I nor you invented the society in which we live, where profit is the only driver.
The problem is that as long as our DNA structure is as it is and as long as profit is the only driving force of the company then everything revolves around and nothing can change.
When we studied, the psychological triangle was divided as follows: 20% is influenced by the social environment, 80% is self-initiative and 0% are hereditary traits (a newborn child is a tabula raza - an unlisted sheet of paper)
With the discovery of the genome and DNA structure, everything has turned upside down in the last 20 years.
It is becoming increasingly clear that the truth is quite different than we wanted it to be.
20% is still influenced by the social environment
but
self-initiative fell to almost 0%,
the pre-set program in the DNA structure took approx. 80%
It is crucial for me to be able to follow this forum because I have an extraordinary opportunity to check software presets for problems that are seemingly unsolvable. For here the participants can function in the shadow of anonymity without neglect.

P.s.: Unfortunately, we can tell anyone who hopes Yeti was guilty that Yeti was not guilty of anything.

January 28, 2021, 05:18:12 AM
Reply #22

GKM

" They inserted themselves into the search." OMG!!! You have given us hints all along but this one is BIG. I feel so stupid because I have no ideal where to go with this information or the direction I need to go in. Is it incredibly lazy of me to stop guessing and just stay up all night on January 31st so I can get the book as quickly as possible? I think I will take a vacation day on February 1st so I can read without interruption
Silence, coffee, and a book. Heaven.  loco1

January 28, 2021, 05:20:58 AM
Reply #23

eurocentric

Dear Teddy,
Unfortunately, I do not understand Russian. I am Slovenian and I live in Slovenia (a neighbor from Austria).
As for the debates about money and profit, don't worry. Neither I nor you invented the society in which we live, where profit is the only driver.
The problem is that as long as our DNA structure is as it is and as long as profit is the only driving force of the company then everything revolves around and nothing can change.
When we studied, the psychological triangle was divided as follows: 20% is influenced by the social environment, 80% is self-initiative and 0% are hereditary traits (a newborn child is a tabula raza - an unlisted sheet of paper)
With the discovery of the genome and DNA structure, everything has turned upside down in the last 20 years.
It is becoming increasingly clear that the truth is quite different than we wanted it to be.
20% is still influenced by the social environment
but
self-initiative fell to almost 0%,
the pre-set program in the DNA structure took approx. 80%
It is crucial for me to be able to follow this forum because I have an extraordinary opportunity to check software presets for problems that are seemingly unsolvable. For here the participants can function in the shadow of anonymity without neglect.

P.s.: Unfortunately, we can tell anyone who hopes Yeti was guilty that Yeti was not guilty of anything.

That's to be hoped, or GKM will want a refund.

January 28, 2021, 05:28:46 AM
Reply #24

GKM

I was being sarcastic.  lol2 I do not even believe in the YETI nor do I believe in aliens. Stop taking everything at face value. Of course that bit about the yeti probably was a poor attempt at humor. If you read around the forum you will find the "yeti believers" but please do not put me into that category.

January 28, 2021, 08:26:57 AM
Reply #25

GKM

"They inserted themselves into the search". Mansi? Military?

January 28, 2021, 08:33:19 AM
Reply #26

Teddy

Administrator
"They inserted themselves into the search". Mansi? Military?

The biggest question of them all. Who created the whole mystery of it is not Yeti? Someone did.

January 28, 2021, 08:41:59 AM
Reply #27

GKM

I'm out of my depth. Teddy, I bet you must sometimes feel as if you are herding a bunch of dumb sheep and I am the lead sheep.

January 28, 2021, 09:02:09 AM
Reply #28

Teddy

Administrator
You got it all wrong. I was myself none the wiser. "My partner" as you call it, was helping me with the site when I strayed away.
I can tell you some funny moments when I have the time.
At one point he kind of wanted to tell me that he had an idea what happened, but I never asked.
I thought no one can give me a theory without me losing any respect.
This all changed when I heard what he had to say.
So, instead of me spending months on forums, I suggested we write it in a book.
And again, it is not about the money - you will see why this is the best format.
We will get back to the topic why a book after Monday, ok?

I will then drag "him" out of the dungeon to humor you. I do all this for you, this is the best way to bring the theory to light. The easiest way for you.
How else would I have translated 200 pages?
He would have published the theory somewhere and none of you would have been able to understand it.
Now it comes to both camps at the same time.

January 28, 2021, 09:09:21 AM
Reply #29

GKM

I wish you both nothing but the best and look forward to reading your book. And, I, for one, never once considered you were in it for money. Advertising on your website would have padded the ole bank account but you refused to do that. I don't think anyone could question your integrity. Good luck.  okey1