Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Rempel.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Teddy:

--- Quote from: Perplexe on January 22, 2022, 12:10:45 AM ---personally I stand ready to send you some carefully thought out questions if you accept them from me.

--- End quote ---

Shoot. If not here I will answer in the podcast.

ElizabethHarris:
Teddy, I think bringing questions to the conference is a fabulous idea. We do seem to be on a hamster wheel.  You phrased your post so well when you wondered if we, as a community who collectively want truth and justice for the students, are moving towards a solution or recycling the same ideas that no one can seem to agree upon. Having all the information that we have, maybe we should start pinpointing exactly what it is we are missing. What do we need to know that we still don't have that could isolate the better theories and dismiss the weaker ones? We know that we still have not had full disclosure of all case files, right? That's such a roadblock. I still believe the closest we can come to an answer lies with the victims themselves. Semyon was the only one exhumed, right? I think all 9 should be re-examined under the microscope of today's forensic lens. Details that Vozrozdhenny left vague or incomplete could possibly be clarified now. Even with just a bit of progress in making the injuries clearer by today's standards, we could possibly begin to dismiss certain theories and expound on others. I think all of the answers are there, buried with the victims. Would it even be legally possible to have all of them exhumed? I do hope you decide to ask for the questions of forum participants in advance of the conference. I'm very excited to hear the podcast and any information about the progress of this case. As always, Teddy, a whole-hearted THANK YOU.

Ziljoe:

--- Quote from: ElizabethHarris on January 22, 2022, 11:02:32 AM ---Teddy, I think bringing questions to the conference is a fabulous idea. We do seem to be on a hamster wheel.  You phrased your post so well when you wondered if we, as a community who collectively want truth and justice for the students, are moving towards a solution or recycling the same ideas that no one can seem to agree upon. Having all the information that we have, maybe we should start pinpointing exactly what it is we are missing. What do we need to know that we still don't have that could isolate the better theories and dismiss the weaker ones? We know that we still have not had full disclosure of all case files, right? That's such a roadblock. I still believe the closest we can come to an answer lies with the victims themselves. Semyon was the only one exhumed, right? I think all 9 should be re-examined under the microscope of today's forensic lens. Details that Vozrozdhenny left vague or incomplete could possibly be clarified now. Even with just a bit of progress in making the injuries clearer by today's standards, we could possibly begin to dismiss certain theories and expound on others. I think all of the answers are there, buried with the victims. Would it even be legally possible to have all of them exhumed? I do hope you decide to ask for the questions of forum participants in advance of the conference. I'm very excited to hear the podcast and any information about the progress of this case. As always, Teddy, a whole-hearted THANK YOU.

--- End quote ---

I would be cautious of going down the road of exhuming bodies. There has to be respect to the families and  I don't think mutch could be found from doing anything . I am as passionate as you are Elizabeth, but this is none of our business. We could look at strange deaths in every country.

I do not wish to be combative but what would you expect to find from the remains?

ElizabethHarris:
Exhumation is inherently a horrible concept and true, some families might be entirely against it and they would every right to refuse it. But maybe some families would allow it with the hopes of finally getting closer to a conclusion. I think it could be possible to clarify some of the questions left unanswered by Vozrozdhenny's examination. Maybe there could be some differentiation between post and antemortem wounds (probably the most important findings to be had), a closer examination of wounds and their origins (blunt force, sharp force, falling, throwing, defense etc.) Pathologists can look at injuries today and know what types of weapons were used to cause injuries, when they were received as per time of death etc. The capabilities of modern forensic technology are endless today. That V found and noted the inconsistency within the livor mortis process of most of the hikers (post-morten hypostasis??) was a huge find. It is therefore scientifically proven that somebody moved the bodies after they died within just a few hours. Maybe there would be further clues like that to be found after exhumation. That being said, I have no idea how these bodies were preserved. Were ppl typically embalmed in Russia back then? Since their original conditions were so compromised, what would be left 60 years later? I don't know. That, along with agreement from the families, would be the biggest obstacle.

GlennM:
I believe at the time, there was every effort to be respectful of the dead, yet use the dead to ascertain the cause of their demise. Exhumation today would not add to what is known. It would be more of a comparison  of their mortal residue when buried versus when exhumed, as opposed to making new discovery.  I appreciate forensics have progressed since 1959, but I recall an incident where archaeological experts concluded animal bones had microscopic scratches indicative of cut marks from stone age tools,  hence hominid hunters. Then, another researcher demonstrated that if bones are trampled by other animals,they can leave similar cut marks from abrasion by gravel. I fear that reexamination of the bodies could still produce ambiguity. That, unless a bullet or broken knife blade was found among the bones. At some point we separate quest for truth from morbid curiosity. I think we all quest in this forum. I believe they died by making the right choice to camp on 1079 rather than slog through deep snow in the forest. When fear struck, Nature held the high card. They were too cold, too hungry, too hurt and too weak to overcome a compelling natural force. Exhumation wouldn't change that. Would it?  What a thought provoking group of serious thinkers we have.,Excellent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version