Victims and Case Files > Witness Testimonies

Awaiting Extraction

<< < (3/4) > >>

Per Inge Oestmoen:

--- Quote from: Mash on June 04, 2018, 07:11:18 AM ---Question to Per Inge Oestmoen: And what motive did "the murderers" have?

--- End quote ---

If you ask me, I shall answer that since the act happened almost sixty years ago and a proper criminal investigation was never made it may be that we will never know what considerations were behind the decision to take the lives of these nine hikers. Those responsible would have been adult men in 1959, and few if any of them are likely to be still alive in 2018. Someone may know, and there is some hearsay "evidence" - which of course would and should never hold in a court of law.

It is very important to bear in mind that if we find one or several dead people, the first thing we need to do is to try to find out what happened. We must ask whether the analyzed evidence points to natural death, accidents or something else. Even if it is found that the death was not natural, that in itself does not say anything about why the killing(s) were made. Unless the murderer is caught, it may be impossible to establish a motive. That does not alter the fact if there was a murder.

It is therefore possible that we have to accept that unless someone finally talks, we shall never able to answer the "why" question with any more precision than to suggest that some who had the resources and the motivation to send a group of assailants to commit the act judged that the nine hikers were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

CalzagheChick:
When I first joined the site a few months back, I was happy with declaring murder as my preferred theory. It's just that since  then, I've read so much and taken so much in. Plus all of the debates that we have in the forum... especially regarding that darn tent! How we continue to try to establish what evidence in this crap show is not really evidence at all but a red herring.

Over time my knowledge, my opinions, my understanding of events and people involved--they've all evolved drastically. I've grown so so so so much in this forum in a very short period of time. I love building the forum as well. I love resurrecting old threads that don't have an answer. I love filling the theories section with threads where there were none before. I love seeing things that we've never seen before in the Victims section. I love asserting my position that the Dyatlov Party were a group of individuals that had lives and they didn't deserve this death at such tender ages (even 37!)... they should have raised families and explored the world. But they never got that chance. And although their deaths are fascinating and thrilling to debate and research, we should afford the victims at least SOME emphasis on their short lives. We should celebrate their lives. They deserve that. Their families deserve that.

sarapuk:
It would help if everyone tried to keep in the Topic rather than wonder off course. I know some Topics lend to that drifting more easily than others. But here the Topic is about AWAITING EXTRACTION, and then its drifting off into MURDER etc etc.

Marchesk:

--- Quote from: CalzagheChick on June 03, 2018, 07:17:34 AM ---What about you, Marchesk? I don't believe I've seen you married to any particular theorem on the board.
--- End quote ---

I didn't see this back in June. I agree with everything you said in your post. I favor a natural explanation, but nothing fits completely, and we can't be certain about the all the evidence.

Per Inge Oestmoen:

--- Quote from: Marchesk on October 26, 2018, 03:16:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: CalzagheChick on June 03, 2018, 07:17:34 AM ---What about you, Marchesk? I don't believe I've seen you married to any particular theorem on the board.
--- End quote ---

I didn't see this back in June. I agree with everything you said in your post. I favor a natural explanation, but nothing fits completely, and we can't be certain about the all the evidence.

--- End quote ---

Without new evidence, we cannot go further.

Still I would like to point out that the circumstances and the injuries point in the direction of a well planned homicide. There is no way these injuries could be caused by accidents and non-existent avalanches.

The murder theory is the one which fits all the available evidence - but since the conclusive proof is lacking and there are no witnesses we are stuck and will remain so until there is new evidence in addition to what we already have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version