May 10, 2024, 06:09:32 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: The exhumation is not Semyon Zolotarev
« Last post by Ziljoe on Today at 04:42:38 AM »
So I want to ask about measurement units. In English texts, instead of height in centimeters, I meet only feet and inches.
To understand what this means, I bookmarked the correspondence table.

https://www.hockey.dn.ua/index.php/tablitsy-razmerov/155-tablitsa-perevoda-futov-i-dyujmov-v-santimetry

172 cm = 5′ 8″
173 cm = 5′ 8″
174 cm = 5′ 8″

that is, the English use archaic, coarser units of measurement.
I encountered such sloppiness and inaccuracy in the Russian language only in the story “Mumu” about the growth of Gerasim (writer Turgenev).

Does this mean that the English crime report will record Zolotaryov's height as 5′ 8″, which makes one suspect an even greater discrepancy with what was found in the grave?

They (UK)probably would have reported his height as 5'8" in 1959. The measurement of
human body height varies throughout the day for a number of reasons. This variation can be over 3 cm, so that's over an inch. There will always be discrepancy on someone's true height throughout their lifetime and daily.

Centimetres are used to measure height in the UK but people know what 6 foot tall means , 6 feet  also gives status due to its history, also , 6 inches seems to be an important measurement......

Some things are still measured and manufactured in inches but this is mostly to do with the history of what's been manufactured. I use metric in manufacturing and medical instances but would say I'm 6 ft tall as opposed to 182.88 cm tall. It's just a bit of tradition, I wouldn't get hung up about it.

« Last post by Axelrod on Today at 01:53:58 AM »
You should ask the experts about this.
If he died immediately after the fracture, then why should a dead person have a cellular reaction?
Another situation is if he was dragged (led) out of the tent for several hours.
It turns out that he was carried down as dead....
« Last post by GlennM on May 09, 2024, 07:37:29 PM »
Conclusion Hemorrhages in the skin (in the dermis), heart muscle and soft tissues, in the region of the rib fracture without a cellular reaction.

29/V 1959 Forensic medical expert Ganz

I am interpreting the finding written above to mean  that heart and soft tissues were cut or burst by a rib fracture. Further, I am interpreting a cellular reaction as meaning such changes to the damaged area consistent and associated with healing such as swelling, inflamation, white blood cell and platelets migration to the wound. Since there was no cellular reaction, I conclude the fracture and hemorrages occurred after death, the victim being crushed under a heavy weight of snow against a rocky surface. In short, the victim died of exposure and then sustained damage after death.
General Discussion / Re: The exhumation is not Semyon Zolotaryov
« Last post by Axelrod on May 09, 2024, 03:48:52 PM »
So I want to ask about measurement units. In English texts, instead of height in centimeters, I meet only feet and inches.
To understand what this means, I bookmarked the correspondence table.

https://www.hockey.dn.ua/index.php/tablitsy-razmerov/155-tablitsa-perevoda-futov-i-dyujmov-v-santimetry

172 cm = 5′ 8″
173 cm = 5′ 8″
174 cm = 5′ 8″

that is, the English use archaic, coarser units of measurement.
I encountered such sloppiness and inaccuracy in the Russian language only in the story “Mumu” about the growth of Gerasim (writer Turgenev).

Does this mean that the English crime report will record Zolotaryov's height as 5′ 8″, which makes one suspect an even greater discrepancy with what was found in the grave?
« Last post by eurocentric on May 09, 2024, 09:47:55 AM »
I'm convinced by the dental match. That's how modern forensics works for any John Doe, that and DNA.

The pathologist did not seem to have access to x-ray so may have made mistakes when detailing fractures. The x-ray plates would be part of the case-files if he had. It's also possible that bones could break during settlement or if someone stood on the grave.

It's either that or someone put Semyon's skull in a grave with someone else's body, which is the only other conclusion to be drawn from this thread. And thus Theory #98 is born...
« Last post by Ziljoe on May 09, 2024, 09:03:26 AM »
This is the video link to Semyon Zolotarev exhumation. There is commentary but it's all in Russian. Close ups of the skull and ribs with discussion. Those members that speak Russian might find something useful.

Personally , I think, all the evidence fits that it is  Semyon Zolotarev.

src="https://www.kp.ru/video/embed/651425
« Last post by anna_pycckux on May 09, 2024, 08:03:52 AM »
We must ask Natalia Varsegova all the questions about Semyon Zolotarev. This journalist had a power of attorney from Semyon's relatives to collect materials to find out the cause of his death. At Natalia's suggestion, an exhumation was carried out and all examinations should be carried out. But we still don't know who's in the grave. Regarding tattoos: there is a single photo from the morgue of one hand with tattoos. It is unclear to whom this hand belongs. Precisely because Natalia Varsegova was involved in the investigation of Zolotarev (for a salary!) – the information on Zolotarev remains so confusing.

In the photo, we see the Semyon next to the training participants. And we see that most likely his height was higher than 172, and he did not have tattoos. There was no fashion for tattoos in the 50s. Tattoos were mostly carried out by former prisoners.

« Last post by Teddy on May 08, 2024, 01:42:32 PM »
Can we know the approximate height of the skeleton and the exact height of Zolo?

Have you seen Semyon Zolotaryov's height recorded anywhere?
https://dyatlovpass.com/semyon-zolotaryov

Was he not a soldier?  Did he not have an ID card? Forgive my innocence, but I thought it would be an easy thing.

I have published all the documents I have access to. I don't see height mentioned anywhere in his papers. Also, what does it prove? If a skull superimposition is not enough then I don't see how a height could be more relevant.
It is good to know, but I don't know his height before the morgue. On the autopsy table he was 172 cm. Is this the height of the exhumed body I don't know.
General Discussion / Re: The radioactive trace on the Dyatlov Pass
« Last post by GlennM on May 08, 2024, 12:28:01 PM »
Another clever saying lol2
« Last post by GlennM on May 08, 2024, 12:26:02 PM »
Can we know the approximate height of the skeleton and the exact height of Zolo?

Have you seen Semyon Zolotaryov's height recorded anywhere?
https://dyatlovpass.com/semyon-zolotaryov

Was he not a soldier?  Did he not have an ID card? Forgive my innocence, but I thought it would be an easy thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10