Theories Discussion > Altercation on the pass

Altercation on the pass

<< < (10/13) > >>

RidgeWatcher:
Mr. Reuss, I appreciate your post and it could all be logically possible. My one question would be the KSD group, weren't there some clothing exchanged on them? Which means they possibly did make it to the Cedar tree with the entire group in general.

sparrow:
I think the hikers  found on the slope were wearing their own clothes and maybe some of Yudin's.  Those found in the creek seem to be wearing Lyuda's George"s and Yuri"s clothes (besides their own).  From what I have been able to ascertain, so far, is that a number of (if not all) the clothes found laying about were Lyuda"s. There was one pair of pants still  in the tent.  Zina"s top two pairs of pants were undone as if someone had been trying to remove them, maybe for the purpose of wearing them also in an attempt to stay warm.

Jean Daniel Reuss:

--- Quote from: RidgeWatcher on July 26, 2020, 05:34:30 PM --- ---> Reply #45
..... My one question would be the KSD group, weren't there some clothing exchanged on them? Which means they possibly did make it to the Cedar tree with the entire group in general.   
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: sparrow on July 27, 2020, 01:31:34 AM ---  ---> Reply #46
....  Those found in the creek seem to be wearing Lyuda's George"s and Yuri"s clothes (besides their own).  From what I have been able to ascertain, so far, is that a number of (if not all) the clothes found laying about were Lyuda"s. There was one pair of pants still  in the tent..............
--- End quote ---

Since January 28th the clothes could be exchanged between the 9 hikers without Yuri Yudin or anyone else knowing.
    Moreover WAB explained that the quilted jackets had the disadvantage of being very combustible and being sometimes accidentally destroyed by fire.
    Due to the fact that Krivonischenko's quilted jacket had burned the hikers certainly made one or more new shares of the clothes available in the group.
But it seems impossible to know at what times or what moment the clothing sharing took place.

Rustem Slobodin put on the burnt quilted jacket that belonged to Yuri Krivonischenko and posed for the photo.

You can also read this post from WAB which gives us more detailed explanations.

WAB : General Discussion / Re: What's The Worst Thing They Could Do?  =>  on: May 08, 2018, 04:06:25 PM  --->   Reply #3
https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=172.msg744#msg744

" It is absolutely everyday occurence on similar travel at that time - 60 years ago.
Sitting at a fire, it is difficult to follow when the small piece of coal will get on such jacket which "TELOGREIKA (in Russan) - Padded jacket" is called. It is from words "to heat a body" (to keep heat more precisely).
          The padded jacket consists of a cotton cloth outside and from within, and its interiors consist of cotton cotton wool. When the piece of coal will get to it, it starts to smoulder. To extinguish it it is impossible. It is possible to remove only a piece of cotton wool which smoulder. But it be removed should only completely.
That is my old padded jacket where the small piece of coal has got, but was possible to find at once this place and to remove a smoulder piece.
 My piece of coal has got in front, therefore it was possible to find at once. If it gets behind (Rustem could sit a back to a fire) it would be found out very much late.
In a padded jacket it is visible nothing, therefore to find place which burns is almost impossible. It is especially difficult, if long it is not possible to define that already there is a process to smoulder. Therefore such padded jackets burn out very big pieces. "

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The action of attackers (we can also say: murderers, terrorists...) allows us to explain simply the totality of the questions that have arisen concerning the "HOW ?" of the DPI.

For example: After resting inside the intact tent on February 2, the attackers slightly damaged the tent, which had become useless to them, before setting off again towards North-2, following the trail left by the hikers from North-2.

Putting myself in this topic of the " altercation ", I am rather in favour of a scenario in which the 3 hikers found dead on the slope (Kolmogorova, Slobodin, Dyatlov) were knocked out on the way down.

Under this hypothesis, there would have been only 6 hikers who could have reached the cedar (and later separated in : 2 to take care of the fire - 4 to hide in the Den).

My argument is that if, on the contrary, the 9 hikers had been able to meet alive at the bottom of the cedar, then they would have separated as little as possible. That is to say that in the case of an attempt to go back up to the tent all those who were physically able to do so would have remained strictly grouped to fight or ... die together.
(Leaving or "abandoning" eventual or possible injured people near the fire or in the Den) .

During the legendary sword fighting of the Horaces and the Curiaces, the 3 Curiaces made the mistake of separating, which allowed the single Horace, who was fleeing from them, to defeat them one after the other.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatii_and_Curiati

Naturally there is no irrefutable evidence on all those unimportant details about the hand-to-hand fightings that took place on the night of 1 to 2 February 1959.

Have a look for example:

• Clacon :  General Discussion / Order of deaths
https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=416.0

• Teddy  :  General Discussion / Why did Rustem Slobodin die first?
https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=96.0

• Marchesk  :  General Discussion / Timing of leaving the tent and deaths based on the watch evidence, ( August 07, 2020 )
https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=697.0

• And also my recent little summary ( August 04, 2020 )
In topic : The Stove / Re: Why they didn't unpack and light the stove? --> Reply #6
https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=691.msg10392#msg10392
  Part 3.   and  Part 4.

For me, the human cause of DPI being clearly established,  there are many more interesting questions waiting for us now : WHO ? and   WHY ?

••   Local Russian stalinist oligarchs opposed to the khrushchev thaw  ?  (Aleks Kandr)
    ••   Ex-zeks, under house arrest, and patriots from satellite countries suffering from Soviet oppression ?
    ••   ...........................???

sparrow:
In reading Zina's diary, date 29.1.59, "Burned mittens and Yurkin's second quilted jacket."  Zina was quite upset with Yuri.  He had apparently broke off his relationship with her and she was jealous of the other girls he was spending time with (see the section on this forum titled "Zina's Letters"). I don't know about in the Russian language, but in English when you make a statement like the one above, the "I" is usually understood.

sparrow:
I do believe there may have been some kind of altercation among some of the hikers based on some of their injuries.  And something else that bothers me a lot is that if you look at the clothes being worn by the hikers at their death, Lyuda either went down to the ravine wearing only a tee shirt, shirt, one sweater and only tights (no pants at all) and she had to strip George of his ruined pants and maybe a sweater or she went down to the ravine with her share of clothes and she was either asked to give up some or she was forced to give them up.  In the first case it seems odd that three guys fairly well dressed (maybe even wearing some of her clothes) would not share some with her and the second case speaks for its self.  So, please, if someone can explain this, do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version