Theories Discussion > General Discussion

The Silk Ribbons

(1/3) > >>

Armide:
Hi all, I’m new to this forum, so I wasn’t too sure where to post this or if it’s even relevant at all, please feel free to tell me if it isn’t!

I was reading over the autopsy reports on this forum and I noticed something rather interesting. Sure, it’s a small detail, but that’s what makes this whole “unsolved mystery” thing so interesting in my opinion. So, Lyuda Dubinina had her hair in a braid, at the time of her death, and what’s more, she had a blue silk ribbon woven into it. That in itself isn’t too strange, but what I thought was interesting is that Yuri Doroschenko was found with “a silk pink ribbon” in his pocket.

I’m not trying to enforce some kind of gender bias, but I can’t help but wonder why a man in the late 50’s in his 20’s would carry around a ribbon, nonetheless a pink one. Perhaps it was a memory of a sister, a girlfriend, or someone else outside of the group? Were him and Dubinina close enough that he kept it for her for safekeeping during the journey? Did he take it off of her after she died, thinking it might be useful?

This could be nothing but a red herring, I don’t know, but feel free to tell me what you think about it!

Loose}{Cannon:
Its a good question to ask!   I really wouldn't know. 

I do know that Yuri and Zina dated exclusively prior to the trip and I know they were still close, so I dunno id the ribbon is associated with Dubinina. 

Or, if your on to something..... this could be an exchange of blue to girl and pink to boy token of affection? 

mk:
Doroshenko's pocket--is that his shirt pocket?  (He wasn't wearing trousers or a coat.)  A ribbon is the sort of thing one might put into a pocket and forget about for days.  Kudos for calling attention to interesting details!

Armide:
My bad-- it's the wrong Yuri. The silk ribbon thing is mentioned on Krivonischenko's corpse, not Doroschenko's. Krivonischenko was wearing pants, although perhaps not the appropriate ones for the kind of weather they experienced. The problem really is the translation, I don't speak much Russian and Google Translate isn't helping me out too much. My first guess was that perhaps Dubinina had died first and Krivonischenko had looting her corpse, keeping the ribbon, but that doesn't really make sense since she was found wearing his sweater and a torn piece of his underwear.

Loose}{Cannon:
I know that a picture of Zina was found in the trouser pocket of Igor.....  shock1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version