Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Why they abandon tent, clothes and objects ?

<< < (3/8) > >>

Ziljoe:
Igor B basically answers every question, from hand injuries to skull fractures, burns, time and weather conditions etc,  he notes the sloppiness of the investigation and the examination of the bodies( possibly due to it being a weekend and banquet going on) . He also shows a number of examples or experiments to many of our questions. It's worth a read and I have Google translate so I don't find it a problem.

If I understand him correctly, much of the evidence/ investigation was just poorly done. It's impossible for us to know the thoughts of those investigating at the time. It may have be a common thing for people to die in the cold or go missing.

The Dyatlov pass along with a couple of other mysterious group deaths have been brought to our attention by the media because these can't be explained easily but there may be many examples of groups of people dying out in the cold , just they had explanations so no mystery.

My point is, during the time of the investigation , everyone involved might of thought it's just one of those things that happens. It was an accident , they weren't investigating it from a forensic point of view.

Anyway I think Igor B work is worth a look,if you   read it with an open mind , you may find a new perspective.

Teddy's and Igor P book arrive tomorrow ,so I shall jump into that with an open mind, now that I have the time. For me it will be interesting to compare with Igor B.

This is a translation to Englishof what Igor B said Futher up this thread.

I think this is because the version has nothing to discuss. Everything or almost everything is discussed in "Answers to all questions ...". And if someone has any questions, it means that he has not read "Answers to all questions ...".

For example, many people think that the incident happened in the evening or at night.
No, it happened during the day and it has been proven.

Or that it was cold at the time of the incident.
No, it was warm, about zero degrees, and this is also proven.

Or why did Krivonischenko bite off the skin from his hand?
This is a known phenomenon when freezing.

There is nothing mysterious or inexplicable about this incident. Only a lack of awareness.

anganontaolo:

--- Quote ---This is a translation to Englishof what Igor B said Futher up this thread.
--- End quote ---

Here we speak in english, we do not have to go elsewhere to read in russian. If his job is so good he can come here and share it to all. There is online translator.

Ziljoe:

--- Quote from: anganontaolo on August 09, 2021, 05:12:07 AM ---
--- Quote ---This is a translation to Englishof what Igor B said Futher up this thread.
--- End quote ---

Here we speak in english, we do not have to go elsewhere to read in russian. If his job is so good he can come here and share it to all. There is online translator.

--- End quote ---

Hi anganontaolo,

I think it's because there's a lot of information with links. It would take considerable time to go back and forth translating every question, photo, research, quotes etc.

With regards to some of your questions about not taking stuff out of the tent is a good point.

I do think they were prepared and had done several other hikes in previous years, so had experience. I don't think they had much to fear from being attacked by anyone or bears . There is talk about 1 or 2 being on night duty but I think this would be to watch the wood stove when being used( not go out or cause a fire) and/or perhaps snow build up on the tent.

I'm not sure which theory you go with but as for explanations to why they left they way they did,  is the possibility of a wolverine using its spray. It is one of the explanations why they cut their way out and left the contaminated gear/clothes.

There is also the explanation that the tent was placed there by others and an accident happened in the forest area and much of what was found was actually staged .

What do you think might have happened?

Manti:
So I have read the thread linked in Igor B.'s forum signature. Lots of good information there, some applicable not just to the wolverine theory.

I don't see any major flaw in the wolverine story. It requires an unlikely sequence of events... but that doesn't mean it's not viable.

New information for me:
* the tent's entrance was found buttoned up
* Semyon and Krivo, and possibly Tibo, weren't wearing coats, instead, they were covered with them like a blanket
* Semyon was found lying on his injured side, which is unlikely if he was conscious after the injury and could move
* the "flooring" made out of fir branches was right on top of the stream
* the dilated pupils of the hikers.. which is not expected in sober hypothermia victims
* that the fire at the cedar was to the east of the tree trunk, that is: downwind
* various animal tracks found in 2013 and 2015 expeditions to the pass, i don't know if these were identified on that forum, maybe i missed it (translator software isn't 100% when translating images)
* how high the cedar's position is, on the other side of of the slope of the lozva tributary's valley.. this is indicated by a signal rocket in one of the videos
* that Ortyukov described a yellow substance that transferred to his hand when he touched the "ravine 4"
* also one more I forgot, that it must have been 0C or close to it when they walked down to the forest, for the characteristic "column" footprints to form and last. if these form in cold, dry snow, they don't last more than a few days.
* and another, is that the incident happened around noon or early afternoon, not at night, based on the light conditions in the last photos. i don't know how this adds up with the flashlight that was found by the second(?) rocky ridge, which they must have dropped on the way down..

anganontaolo:
Hi,

The topic is just a constation that tourists did not have a right behaviore for someone who are in hostile environnement. When you are alone in hostile place you take care of your items because they can save your life or they are so valuable for you. Even a photo can help you to survive.

--- Quote ---What do you think might have happened?
--- End quote ---

I also think for a great force. An animal or humans. Suddenly, the threat came. May be after the tent was set and they start to change their clothes inside.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version