March 28, 2024, 10:17:01 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Snow mobile accident?  (Read 4165 times)

August 04, 2019, 10:48:43 AM
Read 4165 times

Trustno1

Hello,
I am just wondering if it could it be possible they had a snowmobile? To help lay a trail to follow from 41? 

I have been reading up on history of single rider snow mobiles, and also multi passenger ones (amazing machines and perfect place to test)

The injuries could be from all of them riding together maybe seeing how far up the slope they could go on the machine. Using more and more weight to carve a slope. They seem like fun loving people. Perhaps it flipped crushing them against one another? Stripping down to assess injuries they recieved could be possible

Or someone on a snowmobile coming through the pass awakened them? I read that mail delivery uses the machines during that time. Do mansi recieve mail?? Silly question but i am curious!

They could have made a shelter for it or hidden it away from camp. But gas is hard to find but i suppose it can haul extra (dangerous)

How in the world would footprints still be on the pass i just cant believe it

I am new to this forum but have been reading all i can about the the pass and the victims. And i feel they camped in that location with intent. When you tell someone not to go there, they have to go and see what the fuss is about.

Can anyone explain what is on the western side of the mountain? On google maps i see a boundary line. Alot of rocky areas there, perhaps one of the students took a trip over. Maybe during the collections of "samples"? How far is the next "state" from the tent site. Did they cross the border possibly? Could someone explain the permits they recieved to go there. What were they looking for? New places to mine? And How were they selected for this trip? I would love to see what route was intended for them and what rules they had. Also, If they took samples where did the samples end up?

I also believe it could have been testing up there. The arguement that the place is too isolated to use for testing is irrelevent because nucular testing grounds are always out of the way places with low populations - and mansi calling it dead mountain could point to that. Any pine trees in the area if affected would die and not decompose (like red forrest chernobyl)  i wish i could go out and check the pass out for myself honestly

I have so many questions and i am really enjoying reading all these threads! thumb1

Have a great day!
-T,
from New Hampshire (the granite state) USA

August 04, 2019, 11:03:26 AM
Reply #1

Teddy

Administrator
The movement of the group is well documented in their diaries and with their cameras. We also have the inventory of their equipment. No snowmobiles.
Mansi were etching their mail on the trunks of the trees.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 11:08:32 AM by Teddy »

August 04, 2019, 12:07:25 PM
Reply #2

Trustno1

The movement of the group is well documented in their diaries and with their cameras. We also have the inventory of their equipment. No snowmobiles.
Mansi were etching their mail on the trunks of the trees.

Hahahaha wow thats too funny i suppose you are probably right. I have looked at some of the documents but i cant make heads or tails of it

I believe some is lost in translation

But this is the ultimate game of "Clue"

August 04, 2019, 12:22:58 PM
Reply #3

Teddy

Administrator
I have translated the case files and hundreds of other documents. What documents do you need translated that are not on the site?

August 04, 2019, 12:45:52 PM
Reply #4

Trustno1

I actually just found some of what i was looking for here

http://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=51.0

Are the supply lists what they are asking the school to pay for? I see 2 saws listed were those recovered? 
 What is a " porachetska" listed for zina,
and what is a "balaclava" ???

Thanks for the help!

August 04, 2019, 01:29:24 PM
Reply #5

Teddy

Administrator
Please refer to my case files - your link goes to a Google translation, mine is human.
https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-199-208?rbid=17743

This is balaclava

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 01:52:11 PM by Teddy »

August 04, 2019, 01:49:45 PM
Reply #6

Teddy

Administrator
"поварешка" /"porachetska"/ is ladle