Theories Discussion > General Discussion

The clothes

(1/6) > >>

amashilu:
In May 2021, MDGross began a new thread called "Nurse Solter and the Clothes," which got some good responses, but which I continue to think needs more exploration. Here is what he wrote:

I'm a bit confused (what's new about that) about the subject of the hikers' clothes. Teddy, you can probably shed some light on this. In a 2008 interview, Nurse Solter states that when the first six bodies were brought to the morgue, she and the surgeon, Dr. Prudkov, were the only ones present. She says in the interview that she removed their clothes and washed the bodies. The corpses were then dressed in new clothes and placed in coffins. Solter then believes the coffins were flown to Sverdlovsk for burial. But if a restaging occurred, which is plausible, then the bodies needed to be redressed in their original clothes. My question is, how did the restagers know which clothes went with which bodies? Solter and perhaps Prudkov were the only ones who knew how the bodies were first dressed. And I don't believe they were involved in the redressing. This is important because if Yudin was shown photos of the hikers when they were found by the search team, he would know if the clothes were all wrong. So a degree of accuracy was needed. But the restagers hadn't seen the bodies in their original clothes. What shirt goes with who? What sweater, etc.? If Yudin believed the clothing was just as it should be, then perhaps the restaging never happened. I'm probably exaggerating the importance of the clothes. But it does seem important to me.

If I remember right, some of the hikers were found wearing cut-up pieces of others' clothing. (Luda was wearing one sleeve or a leg of someone else's pants, I think). Since no knives were found in the neighborhood, I've always wondered how did they cut these pieces of clothes?

As others have noted, Nurse Solter may have forgotten some things and been confused about others, but she firmly and repeatedly stated over the years that the bodies were brought to her, they were thawed, then she undressed them, washed them, clothes were bought for them, and they were dressed, laid into caskets and taken away. I believe that at that time, the identity of the bodies was unknown. They were just hikers who unfortunately froze to death. The bodies were taken somewhere to wait for someone to report them missing, so identity could be established.

So is it possible that Nurse Solter cut their clothes off? Then later, after their identities came to light, someone panicked; they were re-dressed in the cut-up clothes and put back on the mountain. This would also explain why so many hikers' pants were unbuttoned. I don't think anyone could walk, ski, dig a den, or do anything else with their pants unbuttoned. If they were hastily re-dressed, this could be an explanation.

GlennM:
So, frozen or not the corpses were undressed. Why? So a forensic exam ( read autopsy) could be performed. Seems to me there is a bigger problem here than dissected clothing with putting them out in the woods again.

anna_pycckux:
This is a very serious topic, but it is a side topic.: what happened to the bodies from the moment of death to the first discoveries?
According to my version:
1. The dead lay bloody in the snow for several days, where they were stripped and killed. The authorities of the department were waiting for further orders. (The 21st Congress of the CPSU was held in Moscow on February 5, 1959, and the congress was attended by the entire leadership of Sverdlovsk).
2. After February 5, the bodies were buried in Ivdellag, in a pit.
3. After relatives began to panic and threaten that they would attract the world community to search for tourists (starting from February 15-17) – the corpses were dug up, washed of dirt and blood (Salter's words: they were very dirty) and again laid out on the slope half-naked. It was an imitation of an order: to undress tourists so that they would freeze. Things and even money were scattered near the cedar as proof of the strangers' innocence.

The military liquidators, under the leadership of the authorities from Sverdlovsk and Ivdel, imitated the picture of an accident on the slope. The most severely injured were dumped into a stream so that their bodies would not be discovered for a long time and had time to decompose beyond recognition.
I make a terrible assumption that consultants from the UPI worked with the liquidators, those who knew Dyatlov's group well. He knew how and what they could presumably be wearing and who was who.

amashilu:

--- Quote from: GlennM on February 07, 2024, 06:49:42 PM ---So, frozen or not the corpses were undressed. Why? So a forensic exam ( read autopsy) could be performed. Seems to me there is a bigger problem here than dissected clothing with putting them out in the woods again.

--- End quote ---

Yes, of course there is a "bigger problem" as you say, but this particular thread is focusing on the detail: how did the clothes get cut and unbuttoned?

If the hikers themselves cut the clothes, what tool did they use?

If Nurse Solter did it, how did the cut clothes and the bodies without their pants buttoned end up back on the mountain? Theories that involve staging the scene, such as the tree theory, or Anna's liquidation theory, or several others, are the only ones that would fit.

GlennM:
Hi thanks for the comment. For me, it is a matter of giving credence to an entire campaign of assasination with  literal and figurative coverup, or a single Finnish knife lost in the snow by numb hands. The latter makes more sense to me than the former.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version