Theories Discussion > The stove

Carbon monoxide posoning

(1/7) > >>

Nezza:
In the satirical leaflet found in the tent called 'Evening Otorten',the stove is twice mention. Once asking comically whether 9 people can get by on one stove and a blanket.The other statement is of kolmogorova and doroshenko 'setting a world record' on stove assembly. Its suggested that this document was created on the fateful night of Febuary 1st.

I think that the stove was assembled that night,it was used, and was the reason why the dyatlov group members left the tent in such a weird state of CONFUSION.Think about out it. If the group seriously had no intentions of using the stove,then why would they take it with them on their more tiring final days of the treck,why not leave it in the cache with the other supplies?

Even the packed up disassembled stove could be culprit to smouldering wood embers that can release the odourless,colourless and tasteless gas of carbon monoxide into the tent as they all sleep? Awaking in the night  in total darkness with a pounding headache and extremely confused. Its only once they have trekked into oblivion without proper clothing or protection,that that effects from the poisoning begin to subside and their logical actions and desire to survive now kicks in. Although they are now a mile from their tent in near darkness and feeling the full effects from the brutal elements.....

Star man:
It’s a simple explanation.  But the stove had not been assembled and from what I understand there was no evidence it had been used.  They were supposed to spend some cold nights as a part of the level 3 certificate.

One last issue with the stove theory - why would there be so much secrecy around the stove?

Regards
Star man

Nezza:

--- Quote from: Star man on September 25, 2019, 11:40:36 PM ---It’s a simple explanation.  But the stove had not been assembled and from what I understand there was no evidence it had been used.  They were supposed to spend some cold nights as a part of the level 3 certificate.

One last issue with the stove theory - why would there be so much secrecy around the stove?

Regards
Star man

--- End quote ---

I don't think its down to secrecy but more to do with being over looked as a legitimate theory which explains why 9 hikers would leave the safety of the tent ,then try to return to it later like they know their survival depends upon it.Even with a criteria need for their certification,i dont thin they refrain from using it if the conditions were that bad,its not like there is anyone around to see them use it
I like this theory as it should be easily testable ,much more so than other theories. With a set up replica tent and replica stove...it would be interesting to see if smouldering wood can infact create enough carbon monoxide to create disorientation with near lethal levels of the gas. to my knowledge,its never been tested for,which is pretty annoying as it should be easily disprovable if its not the culprit.

Star man:
The point I was trying to make but badly is: why would there be so much secrecy over an accident involving a stove?  Also why introduce a 3 year ban on travel to the area?

Regards
Star man

Nezza:

--- Quote from: Star man on September 26, 2019, 08:47:50 AM ---The point I was trying to make but badly is: why would there be so much secrecy over an accident involving a stove?  Also why introduce a 3 year ban on travel to the area?

Regards
Star man

--- End quote ---

The soviet union would apply secrecy  to any situation that might make them look incompetent. Since they couldn't fully discover what the deciding factor in the incident was,i would be unthinkable for them to allow a group out a few weeks later and possibly have the same thing happen again.So they basically swept it under the rug and took steps to see that it doesn't happen again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version