April 27, 2024, 12:03:08 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Ski Expedition "The Dyatlov Group Trail -2024" | January 27 – February 7  (Read 8697 times)

March 09, 2024, 09:21:01 AM
Reply #60

Олег Таймень

If a mountain comes towards you, and you are not Mohammed, then it is a rockfall.

March 11, 2024, 04:02:50 PM
Reply #61

Ziljoe

Hi Олег Таймень.

Would it be possible for you to do brief summary for new discoveries or conclusions from the expedition. I know we all debate a lot of things that have been discussed for 60 years and go over old ground.

I was just thinking facts, for example we have the dating for the tree rings from the fallen tree. So that's a fact and not speculation.

I have watched a number of the videos but it's not always easy to fully understand the conversations.

I would be grateful for just new discoveries.

The following users thanked this post: sarapuk

March 13, 2024, 09:21:08 PM
Reply #62

Олег Таймень

Hi Олег Таймень.

Would it be possible for you to do brief summary for new discoveries or conclusions from the expedition. I know we all debate a lot of things that have been discussed for 60 years and go over old ground.

I was just thinking facts, for example we have the dating for the tree rings from the fallen tree. So that's a fact and not speculation.

I have watched a number of the videos but it's not always easy to fully understand the conversations.

I would be grateful for just new discoveries.
Do you know how to use captions when watching videos on YouTube? These captions can be read in any language. Starting Saturday I start posting a big film, in several parts, about this expedition. At the same time, I will post a text version with photographs. I will publish my findings there. I would like to clarify that the expedition cannot have general conclusions. Everyone has their own conclusions.
If a mountain comes towards you, and you are not Mohammed, then it is a rockfall.

March 13, 2024, 09:40:18 PM
Reply #63

Ziljoe

Hi Олег Таймень

Yes I can use captions on you tube, unfortunately the translation isn't always clear, especially if two people are talking and perhaps accents cause problems.

I appreciate that everyone will have their own conclusions and some of that I can make out, some of it I can't. It's easy to get the written comments translated .

I shall persevere . Many thanks

March 13, 2024, 10:55:22 PM
Reply #64

Олег Таймень

Winter hike Expedition 2024 to the Dyatlov Pass. Part 1. Transfer to Vizhay
In the first part of this film (57 minutes) there is a transfer from Yekaterinburg to the Chistop base in the village of Vizhay. Early in the morning we arrived at the Dyatlov Group Memory Foundation, examined the rarities, and had breakfast. We left in the direction of Ivdel. We arrived in Vizhay in the evening.
Video link:

March 16, 2024, 04:41:57 AM
Reply #65

Олег Таймень

March 18, 2024, 12:02:52 AM
Reply #66

Олег Таймень

In this 3rd part of the film (83 min.) we master trough surfing from the Eles-Tur base to Ushma (7 km) and further to the Ilyich Base (40 km). We spend the night at the Ilyich Base. In the morning we go to the hut in the cedar forest and on the same day we cross the Chaikonur pass. In the evening we ask questions to surgeon Andrei Gavrilov.
Video link:

March 20, 2024, 12:49:11 AM
Reply #67

Олег Таймень

In the fourth part of the film (81 min.) in the morning I film the tracks of wolves that were approaching the camp. We get ready and go out to the pass. We set up the tent in favorable conditions. In the evening the wind rises.
Video link:

March 21, 2024, 04:29:18 AM
Reply #68

Олег Таймень

March 28, 2024, 04:45:17 AM
Reply #69

Олег Таймень

April 10, 2024, 07:41:54 PM
Reply #70

Олег Таймень

April 10, 2024, 07:42:31 PM
Reply #71

Олег Таймень

April 10, 2024, 09:24:00 PM
Reply #72

Олег Таймень

April 11, 2024, 10:03:07 AM
Reply #73

Олег Таймень

April 12, 2024, 05:07:27 AM
Reply #74

Олег Таймень