March 28, 2024, 04:08:56 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Phony photo  (Read 7168 times)

March 22, 2018, 03:12:22 AM
Read 7168 times

Teddy

Administrator
Can somebody tell me the origin of this photo?

March 22, 2018, 07:57:11 AM
Reply #1

Teddy

Administrator
I dedicated some time and found out that all these frames can be seen in the first 1 - 1:30 m of the movie Devil's Pass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrYaBRqfNzg&feature=youtu.be&t=1m1s
They are fully fabricated for the purpose of this movie.

Although the movie is more or less hated throughout the Dyatlov community the last frame has become very popular to represent Dyatlov Pass case, and Clark Wilkins in his book "A Compelling Unknown Force aka Six Hours To Live" on p. 144 is using frame №4 with subtitle Rustik Slobodin, which he is clearly not.
http://dyatlov-pass.com/resources/340/Clark-Wilkins-A-Compelling-Unknown-Force-aka-Six-Hours-To-Live.pdf

March 22, 2018, 04:41:01 PM
Reply #2

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I seem to recall seeing a few of these prior to the movie, and believe they may have used actual frozen body photos from other incidences.
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

March 23, 2018, 03:08:04 PM
Reply #3

BottledBrunette

I don't understand why these pictures keep popping up for the Dyatlov case.  It's clearly not them, and the bodies aren't even laying like the original bodies were found.  Just sort of makes me mad when I see them as part of the case history.

April 02, 2018, 02:27:29 PM
Reply #4

WAB

It is from film by  Renny Harlin,  as title “Devil's Pass”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Pass

This picture does not concern incident Dyatlov pass. It was only for film presentation.

April 02, 2018, 02:28:37 PM
Reply #5

WAB

I seem to recall seeing a few of these prior to the movie, and believe they may have used actual frozen body photos from other incidences.

It there were only models and dummies or mannequin.

April 02, 2018, 02:29:42 PM
Reply #6

WAB

I don't understand why these pictures keep popping up for the Dyatlov case.  It's clearly not them, and the bodies aren't even laying like the original bodies were found.  Just sort of makes me mad when I see them as part of the case history.

Yes, you are absolutely right. If we accept only the checked up facts and assumptions, we learn faster that was incident Dyatlov team in 1959.

April 15, 2018, 08:35:27 PM
Reply #7

CalzagheChick

I personally truly loved the movie "Devil's Pass." I think the ending was somehow lost on too many viewers so it's hated across the community. However, at face value, it was a great fiction thriller that was based albeit loosely upon something that did happen.

As for the photos, frame 2 is probably the most problematic for me as far as showing up alongside the actual evidence. In passing, as in without real study, I'd probably never be able to tell that it didn't belong. I think it looks very passable for Igor Dyatlov.

I assume frame 5 is supposed to represent Zolotaryov because it's a mustachioed older man? It's such a poor stand-in. Dude was older than my grandpa and that sort of throws me to think of him in those terms.

I kind of wonder why the film didn't just use the actual evidence? It's a matter of public record no? Are there rights attached to the original photos use?

May 03, 2018, 06:38:23 AM
Reply #8

Marchesk

Reminds me of John Carpenter's movie The Thing. Generation Why Podcast on Dyatlov Pass mentioned that movie in joking as a reason for fleeing the tent.