March 28, 2024, 01:43:39 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Nitrogen dioxide slowly converts to Nitric acid on contact  (Read 78159 times)

January 09, 2019, 10:08:11 AM
Reply #120

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Now that your familiar with that......  Behold the proof this was the LAST picture taken on this particular roll of film.

The negatives in order they were taken left/right top/bottom.

All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

January 09, 2019, 10:53:27 AM
Reply #121

Nigel Evans

Hi there.

I'm open minded about the source of the gas but it's true that high winds in a snowstorm create good electrical conditions and of course BL is a solution for the ravine deaths.

But i think the NO2 is the one to beat given that it fits well with the DPI also explains some unusual features of Chivruay (also high winds 50m/s!).

Hi Nigel,

I am glad that you are open minded about the source of the no2. Also as I stated a while ago I like your lateral thinking even if it seems a bit off piste.  Reading through all of these posts has certainly given me a smile.

Anyway, as you may know I am not fixed on any particular theory yet, and am open to all ideas.  However one of the ideas I have been looking into is the military accident as per the topic I set up a while ago, although as presented there the theory is not really substantiated in any way.

It is interesting though that my investigation has led me independently to the possibility that the Dyatlov group were overcome by nitrogen dioxide gas.  However, the source is not ball lightning, so let's see how open minded you are about it?

Anyway, let's go back to the military accident. In my hypothesis on the night of 1st Feb 1959, it is possible that the military had chosen this area to test a low yield nuclear device.  Possibly a neutron bomb, possibly a trigger for a hydrog bomb.

On the night, the group set up camp probably had a meal and where settling in for the night.  I believe that at some point they noticed some strange activity going on in the sky.  I believ Semyon grabbed his camera and accompanied by several others went outside to observe and take some pictures.  Shot 1 of Semyons camera which is the only legible photo that was made available shows a large bright object filling the top left of the photo with 3 heads at the bottom of the shot.  This may have been the first detonation.  It may have been the only detonation too, but I doubt it.  A 1kt low yield device produced lethal radiation up to 1.2 km.  there would have been a shock wave but the over pressure would only be less than 5psi and not capable of causing significant injury to people, but it would have been a surprise nonetheless.  Next comes the wind blast.  This could have been up to 330m/s almost sonic speeds, but probably less where they were, but this could have picked some of them up and knocked them flying.  They could easily have picked up some significant injuries.

So nuclear device creates a fire ball.  This could easily have been up to about 500 metres in diameter.  A fire ball of 500m would be visible from 70km away as a fire orb about the size of the moon.  Obviously would depend on visibility etc that night.

Now comes the bit you may be interested in:

The 500m fire ball is mainly made of what? Yes - its nitrogen dioxide.  Pretty much all of the oxygen available in the fire ball could be converted into nitrogen dioxide.  This would be of very high concentration - of the order of 200,000 ppm no2.  Now even if this were diluted down it woulld still give about 40 cubic kilometres of gas with an LD50 concentration within an hour or two of exposure. (these are base on rough calculations).

So what happens to this fire ball of no2 gas.  Well the mushroom cloud and column would rise, possibly up to several thousand feet under normal STP conditions.  But this mushroom cloud is in a very very cold environment.  The cloud would cool very rapidly.  The No2 would condense into an aerosol, and maybe even freeze into tiny solid dust like particles.  No2 is heavier than air and certainly liquid droplets or solid dust will be much heavier, and the mushroom cloud and column could start to collapse back to the ground.  Kind of like pyro clastic flow from a volcano.  Is also possible that the air surrounding the no2 would still be relatively warm, being from a giant cooling fire ball.

Anyway, if the Dyatlov group were down wind of the cloud which would now be hugging the landscape like giant patch of foggy dust or as an aerosol they would be in big trouble.  It would certainly prompt them to vacate the tent and move down the slope away from the toxic dust/gas mixture if they were physically able to after the wind blast had hit them.

Kholat Syakhl may have been like the gates of Hades on 1st Feb 1959.  Would not have been a nice place to be.  Heat flash, lethal radiation, shock waves, hurricane force wind blasts, lethal cloud of radiative toxic no2 fog and to top it all off - lethal sub zero temperatures.
I would struggle with the idea that there would be military testing so close to populated areas when there is the whole of Northern Siberia to use = google Tsar Bomba.

I think the NO2 theory - "acrid gas forcing them to immediately exit the tent and dark orange brown hands and faces developing after the morgue photos" is probably the one to beat. Now as for the source of the NO2, well i like an explanation that explains Ivanov's fire orbs but there are other sources such as rocket fuel which incidentally could include nitrous oxide - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide_fuel_blend as well as NO2 derived from - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinitrogen_tetroxide.
Both theories allow for the extended production of nitrogen oxides over a lengthy period (crashed rocket leaking fuel over time). However the electro magnetic  theory has the advantage that it would create a lot of hot air and this seems to fit the facts very well, sastrugi, hot spot, persistent footsteps, lack of frostbite, compacted snow in ravine. Also the crashed rocket theory needs a huge an immediate cleanup operation unless it gets buried in the snow - possible but rockets tend to be rather big.... So imo the electro magnetic theory is the one to beat.

January 09, 2019, 11:07:48 AM
Reply #122

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
dark orange brown hands and faces developing after the morgue photos

Fake news.    bat1     This is something completely unverified and undocumented as having any basis in fact.

Besides......  morgue makeup artist.  Prove me wrong. 

electro magnetic  theory has the advantage that it would create a lot of hot air and this seems to fit the facts very well, sastrugi, hot spot, persistent footsteps, lack of frostbite,

Oh for the love of Sam Houston.....  where do I even begin?  All of these false fact have been debunked, but yet you regurgitate them as being true factual evidence.  You want them to be true, I get it, but you need to stop asserting wild unsubstantiated conjecture as facts. It does a great disservice to the community and misleads unsuspecting readers. 

Also the crashed rocket theory needs a huge an immediate cleanup operation unless it gets buried in the snow - possible but rockets tend to be rather big.... So imo the electro magnetic theory is the one to beat.

More BS.....   A rocket could have landed MILES away from the tourist in which there would be nothing on-site to hide or cleanup/remove.  This is neither here, nor there because you haven't provided any evidence that Piloted Fire Balls caused this to begin with. 

January 09, 2019, 11:17:02 AM
Reply #123

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Quote from Nigel Evans  [[  I think the NO2 theory - "acrid gas forcing them to immediately exit the tent and dark orange brown hands and faces developing after the morgue photos" is probably the one to beat. Now as for the source of the NO2, well i like an explanation that explains Ivanov's fire orbs but there are other sources such as rocket fuel which incidentally could include nitrous oxide - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide_fuel_blend as well as NO2 derived from - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinitrogen_tetroxide.
Both theories allow for the extended production of nitrogen oxides over a lengthy period (crashed rocket leaking fuel over time). However the electro magnetic  theory has the advantage that it would create a lot of hot air and this seems to fit the facts very well, sastrugi, hot spot, persistent footsteps, lack of frostbite, compacted snow in ravine. Also the crashed rocket theory needs a huge an immediate cleanup operation unless it gets buried in the snow - possible but rockets tend to be rather big.... So imo the electro magnetic theory is the one to beat.  ]]

It is incorrect to suggest that one theory is better than another when so much evidence is missing etc. Therefore it is incorrect to say that your electro magnetic theory is the one to beat.

DB

January 09, 2019, 12:44:22 PM
Reply #124

Nigel Evans

Quote from Nigel Evans  [[  I think the NO2 theory - "acrid gas forcing them to immediately exit the tent and dark orange brown hands and faces developing after the morgue photos" is probably the one to beat. Now as for the source of the NO2, well i like an explanation that explains Ivanov's fire orbs but there are other sources such as rocket fuel which incidentally could include nitrous oxide - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide_fuel_blend as well as NO2 derived from - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinitrogen_tetroxide.
Both theories allow for the extended production of nitrogen oxides over a lengthy period (crashed rocket leaking fuel over time). However the electro magnetic  theory has the advantage that it would create a lot of hot air and this seems to fit the facts very well, sastrugi, hot spot, persistent footsteps, lack of frostbite, compacted snow in ravine. Also the crashed rocket theory needs a huge an immediate cleanup operation unless it gets buried in the snow - possible but rockets tend to be rather big.... So imo the electro magnetic theory is the one to beat.  ]]

It is incorrect to suggest that one theory is better than another when so much evidence is missing etc. Therefore it is incorrect to say that your electro magnetic theory is the one to beat.
What evidence is missing?

January 09, 2019, 01:59:38 PM
Reply #125

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

January 09, 2019, 02:34:07 PM
Reply #126

Star man

Now that your familiar with that......  Behold the proof this was the LAST picture taken on this particular roll of film.

The negatives in order they were taken left/right top/bottom.

Hi LC,

I had a look at those links.  I couldn't really see anything that suggested that zolotoryevs photo 1 was a blown up section of frame 34?  I have read them before but didn't recal that.  I am looking in the wrong spot?

The section that ai had read that prompted me to reference Semyon's photo 1 was this:

Here follows an excerpt from Keith **** "Journey to Dyatlov Pass: An Explanation of the Mystery":
The “Zolotarev strip” of film had ten frames in it and the cut edge matched the previous strip which had 17 frames. This previous strip of 17 frames covered pictures that Zolotarev had taken in earlier days. Both strips were free from emulsion damage but there was a small section of underdeveloped film on the ten frame strip due to the layers of film getting stuck together in the developing tank. The most glaring item to begin with, in the examination of Zolotarev’s film, was that nine frames were missing. There should have been a total of 36 frames but the two strips only had a total of 27 frames. So where were the missing nine frames? Whilst the dedicated conspiracy theorist can look for any evidence that points to a cover up of some kind, it could have been that the remaining strip or strips of nine frames had been lost. This is quite possible as there seemed to have been no formal cataloging of all the items. Valentin Yakimenko felt that these missing frames contained important information and may have been “withheld” for that reason. The fact that these nine frames may have contained potentially important information will shortly be demonstrated because on the face of it, Zolotarev was taking pictures outside the tent that night (1/ 2 February 1959) right up to the last moment before whatever event caused the tragedy started.
First photo looks like a shot of a very large and intensely bright object above the heads of three of the group members. This I can see. The rest of the interpretations of the shots are in the realm of psychic photography.
Psychic Photography
The frames are shown in the appendix of British author and researcher Keith **** 2nd book "Journey to Dyatlov Pass". Valentin Yakimenko, who was a fellow student to the Dyatlov group and a member of the rescue team, presented at the Ural Federal University at the annual Dyatlov Conference 2015 examination of the films in the group cameras. He claims Zolotaryov grabbed his camera to take a picture of some lights in the sky. According to Yakimenko two of the negatives seem to depict a section of rocket or plane which may have broken off after a failed military experiment of possibly a two stage rocket launch.
Yakimenko says that the film was scrawled with Zolotaryov's name while non of the other films was tagged or labeled. We only lately speculate about the authorship of the photos on the films, so the fact that the only camera that was found on somebody's body was good enough reason to inscribe it. I don't think that reasons to allude there was special attention to that particular film.
"These photographs are a clear indication, of fallen angel/higher level demonic involvement, several of which, appear to capture, a partial physical manifestation, of a higher level, shape shifting demon... Yakimenko describes some of the photos as having 'A small, but very bright object', or being 'A bright little dot', which is typical of fallen angels and/or higher level demons, manifesting in orb form, that people mistakenly refer to as aliens or UFOs." Author Cora Hull Fallen Angels Exposed.

1 - Three heads

2 - Woven mesh

3 - Lynx

4 - Horn

5 - Jaws

6 - Mushroom with a face

7 - Eagle 1 Light

8 - Eagle 2 light

9 - Chicken

10 - Plane 1

11 - Plane 2
Please note that the images above, besides the first frame, are very small fragments of the actual photo.

January 09, 2019, 03:09:35 PM
Reply #127

Star man

Hi there.

I'm open minded about the source of the gas but it's true that high winds in a snowstorm create good electrical conditions and of course BL is a solution for the ravine deaths.

But i think the NO2 is the one to beat given that it fits well with the DPI also explains some unusual features of Chivruay (also high winds 50m/s!).

Hi Nigel,

I am glad that you are open minded about the source of the no2. Also as I stated a while ago I like your lateral thinking even if it seems a bit off piste.  Reading through all of these posts has certainly given me a smile.

Anyway, as you may know I am not fixed on any particular theory yet, and am open to all ideas.  However one of the ideas I have been looking into is the military accident as per the topic I set up a while ago, although as presented there the theory is not really substantiated in any way.

It is interesting though that my investigation has led me independently to the possibility that the Dyatlov group were overcome by nitrogen dioxide gas.  However, the source is not ball lightning, so let's see how open minded you are about it?

Anyway, let's go back to the military accident. In my hypothesis on the night of 1st Feb 1959, it is possible that the military had chosen this area to test a low yield nuclear device.  Possibly a neutron bomb, possibly a trigger for a hydrog bomb.

On the night, the group set up camp probably had a meal and where settling in for the night.  I believe that at some point they noticed some strange activity going on in the sky.  I believ Semyon grabbed his camera and accompanied by several others went outside to observe and take some pictures.  Shot 1 of Semyons camera which is the only legible photo that was made available shows a large bright object filling the top left of the photo with 3 heads at the bottom of the shot.  This may have been the first detonation.  It may have been the only detonation too, but I doubt it.  A 1kt low yield device produced lethal radiation up to 1.2 km.  there would have been a shock wave but the over pressure would only be less than 5psi and not capable of causing significant injury to people, but it would have been a surprise nonetheless.  Next comes the wind blast.  This could have been up to 330m/s almost sonic speeds, but probably less where they were, but this could have picked some of them up and knocked them flying.  They could easily have picked up some significant injuries.

So nuclear device creates a fire ball.  This could easily have been up to about 500 metres in diameter.  A fire ball of 500m would be visible from 70km away as a fire orb about the size of the moon.  Obviously would depend on visibility etc that night.

Now comes the bit you may be interested in:

The 500m fire ball is mainly made of what? Yes - its nitrogen dioxide.  Pretty much all of the oxygen available in the fire ball could be converted into nitrogen dioxide.  This would be of very high concentration - of the order of 200,000 ppm no2.  Now even if this were diluted down it woulld still give about 40 cubic kilometres of gas with an LD50 concentration within an hour or two of exposure. (these are base on rough calculations).

So what happens to this fire ball of no2 gas.  Well the mushroom cloud and column would rise, possibly up to several thousand feet under normal STP conditions.  But this mushroom cloud is in a very very cold environment.  The cloud would cool very rapidly.  The No2 would condense into an aerosol, and maybe even freeze into tiny solid dust like particles.  No2 is heavier than air and certainly liquid droplets or solid dust will be much heavier, and the mushroom cloud and column could start to collapse back to the ground.  Kind of like pyro clastic flow from a volcano.  Is also possible that the air surrounding the no2 would still be relatively warm, being from a giant cooling fire ball.

Anyway, if the Dyatlov group were down wind of the cloud which would now be hugging the landscape like giant patch of foggy dust or as an aerosol they would be in big trouble.  It would certainly prompt them to vacate the tent and move down the slope away from the toxic dust/gas mixture if they were physically able to after the wind blast had hit them.

Kholat Syakhl may have been like the gates of Hades on 1st Feb 1959.  Would not have been a nice place to be.  Heat flash, lethal radiation, shock waves, hurricane force wind blasts, lethal cloud of radiative toxic no2 fog and to top it all off - lethal sub zero temperatures.
I would struggle with the idea that there would be military testing so close to populated areas when there is the whole of Northern Siberia to use = google Tsar Bomba.

I think the NO2 theory - "acrid gas forcing them to immediately exit the tent and dark orange brown hands and faces developing after the morgue photos" is probably the one to beat. Now as for the source of the NO2, well i like an explanation that explains Ivanov's fire orbs but there are other sources such as rocket fuel which incidentally could include nitrous oxide - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide_fuel_blend as well as NO2 derived from - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinitrogen_tetroxide.
Both theories allow for the extended production of nitrogen oxides over a lengthy period (crashed rocket leaking fuel over time). However the electro magnetic  theory has the advantage that it would create a lot of hot air and this seems to fit the facts very well, sastrugi, hot spot, persistent footsteps, lack of frostbite, compacted snow in ravine. Also the crashed rocket theory needs a huge an immediate cleanup operation unless it gets buried in the snow - possible but rockets tend to be rather big.... So imo the electro magnetic theory is the one to beat.

Would have been "a blast" for the lads who fuelled up the rockets with nitrous oxide.  I would certainly use an anaesthetic substance  capable of impairing people's judgement whilst they were working with the missile arsenal as a fuel.  whacky1

January 09, 2019, 05:24:16 PM
Reply #128

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Hi LC,

I had a look at those links.  I couldn't really see anything that suggested that zolotoryevs photo 1 was a blown up section of frame 34?  I have read them before but didn't recal that.  I am looking in the wrong spot?

Burn the book?

Its not zolotoryevs photo.

All you have to do is look at the picture. You will see the  "3 heads" at the bottom right.  This is a lighter version from the negative.  Its also in the link I gave you.

https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Krivonischenko-camera-film1-34.jpg

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 05:30:22 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

January 09, 2019, 11:44:20 PM
Reply #129

Star man

Hi LC,

Burn the book?

Its not zolotoryevs photo.

All you have to do is look at the picture. You will see the  "3 heads" at the bottom right.  This is a lighter version from the negative.  Its also in the link I gave you.

https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/gallery/Krivonischenko-camera-film1-34.jpg

Ok I can see what you are getting at.  Do you know if there is a proper breakdown of where this photo was debunked?

The idea I presented doesn’t in itself require that photo as supporting evidence but it does mean further investigation to try to identify further evidence. At the moment it’s seems to be the strongest option I have got.

So I take it that you don’t think Keith McCloskeys book is worthy?

January 10, 2019, 03:27:47 AM
Reply #130

Nigel Evans

Would have been "a blast" for the lads who fuelled up the rockets with nitrous oxide.  I would certainly use an anaesthetic substance  capable of impairing people's judgement whilst they were working with the missile arsenal as a fuel.  whacky1
Fortunately the refuelling guys don't have access to the launch button! The military showing some intelligence for a change.

January 10, 2019, 03:38:08 AM
Reply #131

Nigel Evans

All of it.

"Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here. Why can't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change"
Magic.

January 10, 2019, 04:26:29 AM
Reply #132

Star man

If the DPI incident was the result of a nuclear test. Then there is a more simple and compelling argument that would place detonation point over the top of Kholat Syakhl and up wind of the tent without the need for photographic evidence and it’s this:

If there was a large fire ball and mushroom cloud nearby that threatened your life, then the logical thing to do would be to run away from it in the opposite direction.  The Dyatlov group went down the slope in the same direction as the wind.  So if the cause was a nuclear device then it must have been up wind somewhere over the top of the mountain?

January 10, 2019, 05:34:00 AM
Reply #133

Nigel Evans

If the DPI incident was the result of a nuclear test. Then there is a more simple and compelling argument that would place detonation point over the top of Kholat Syakhl and up wind of the tent without the need for photographic evidence and it’s this:

If there was a large fire ball and mushroom cloud nearby that threatened your life, then the logical thing to do would be to run away from it in the opposite direction.  The Dyatlov group went down the slope in the same direction as the wind.  So if the cause was a nuclear device then it must have been up wind somewhere over the top of the mountain?
Actually the logical thing to do would be to run away in a direction perpendicular to the wind....

January 10, 2019, 06:36:00 AM
Reply #134

Nigel Evans

If you guys want to discuss photos then imo the big ones are the plane photos :-

My narrative has it that Plane 2 is a self illuminating object lighting up the side of the mountain and the wind blown snow between. Plane 1 is upside down as displayed on this website.

Also the theory that this film is simply displaying water damage would seem to be negated by Eagle which is a very close fit for the meteorologist's report "A light surrounded by a mist".

So the big question is - given that the nitrogen oxide theory has a natural explanation (microwaves) and a man made explanation (rocket fuel) what are Plane1 and 2 photos of?

My narrative has it that they of a natural object very similar to the Quebec ufo -

N.B. it's best to watch this with frequent use of the play / pause button :)

January 10, 2019, 08:19:30 AM
Reply #135

Star man

Actually the logical thing to do would be to run away in a direction perpendicular to the wind....

You mean they should run Pependicular to the fire ball?  But aren’t they 300 metes from the summit of a mountain? Where would that take them?

January 10, 2019, 08:43:31 AM
Reply #136

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Ok I can see what you are getting at.  Do you know if there is a proper breakdown of where this photo was debunked?

The idea I presented doesn’t in itself require that photo as supporting evidence but it does mean further investigation to try to identify further evidence. At the moment it’s seems to be the strongest option I have got.

So I take it that you don’t think Keith McCloskeys book is worthy?

Breakdown?  Debunked?

The book is wrong, and we know its wrong because the exposure in question did not come from Zolotoryov's camera... it came from Krivonischenko's camera.  To be exact..... these are the negatives, and you can clearly see it is the LAST exposure of the roll.

Its also a stubborn fact the "3 heads" image is a manipulated version of the lower right section of that very same exposure.  We also know how that exposure was created, and it does not involve fantastical tails of piloted fireballs or anything of the sort. The dyatlov group did not snap that picture.  Perhaps go back and read the link I provided? 

January 10, 2019, 08:48:48 AM
Reply #137

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I see we are back on the Quebec foil balloon horse that got away.   lol1

January 10, 2019, 08:55:22 AM
Reply #138

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
All of it.

"Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here. Why can't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change"
Magic.

If you want to keep posting the same boring part of your favorite movie as if to imply I am one character and you are another....  Two can play that game.   

January 10, 2019, 09:24:49 AM
Reply #139

Nigel Evans

You mean they should run Pependicular to the fire ball?  But aren’t they 300 metes from the summit of a mountain? Where would that take them?
No if the wind was from the southwest and downwind was to the northeast then moving northwest would take them along the ridge? Which is assumed to be the intention for their journey to Ortorten the following day.

January 10, 2019, 09:25:34 AM
Reply #140

Nigel Evans

If you want to keep posting the same boring part of your favorite movie as if to imply I am one character and you are another....  Two can play that game.   

Now now keep your hat on.

January 10, 2019, 09:31:20 AM
Reply #141

Nigel Evans

I see we are back on the Quebec foil balloon horse that got away.   lol1
Negative waves....

January 10, 2019, 02:27:20 PM
Reply #142

Star man

If there was a large fire ball and mushroom cloud nearby that threatened your life, then the most INSTINCTIVE thing to do would be to run away from it in the opposite direction.  The Dyatlov group went down the slope in the same direction as the wind.  So if the cause was a nuclear device then it must have been up wind somewhere over the top of the mountain?

Minor modification made.

January 11, 2019, 11:36:42 AM
Reply #143

sarapuk

If there was a large fire ball and mushroom cloud nearby that threatened your life, then the most INSTINCTIVE thing to do would be to run away from it in the opposite direction.  The Dyatlov group went down the slope in the same direction as the wind.  So if the cause was a nuclear device then it must have been up wind somewhere over the top of the mountain?

Minor modification made.

This theory is highly unlikely. Nuclear Explosion  !  ?  Fire Ball etc  !  ?  If a Fire Ball was that close to them then they would have had very serious injuries indeed. If it was some distance away then they would have had the time and inclination to gather there essential kit to survive.
DB

January 11, 2019, 04:03:44 PM
Reply #144

Star man

Minor modification made.

This theory is highly unlikely. Nuclear Explosion  !  ?  Fire Ball etc  !  ?  If a Fire Ball was that close to them then they would have had very serious injuries indeed. If it was some distance away then they would have had the time and inclination to gather there essential kit to survive.

Your assumption is reasonable on the face of it. 

Look up neutron bomb on Wikipedia.  All of my research is pretty much based on this vast database.  A low yield weapon is far from the massive devastating bombs one would normally imagine.  We are talking about an air burst that as long as you are more than 500 metres away is initially survivable.  More than 1 to 2 km away and it could be survived full stop.  This type of weapon is on the same scale as large conventional audinance.  would have still been scary though. 

I am still not convinced it was a nuclear device being tested myself.

My current line of thinking is that if it was a low yield device, then the detonation would have been just over on the other side of the summit of the mountain.  About 2 to 3 km up wind at an altitude of 200m from the ground ( optimum height of air burst for 1kt device).  This would mean that the tent would have good shielding from the thermal heat flash and ionising radiation.  The shock waveoverpressure would have been scary but not life threatening and the hurricane wind blast could have caused some minor injuries to those standing outside or in the tent.  I initially thought that the direct effects of the bomb could have caused the panic and some of the injuries, but I now realise that it could have been something else.  I am currently investigating this scenario.

January 11, 2019, 04:46:36 PM
Reply #145

Nigel Evans

January 11, 2019, 06:36:09 PM
Reply #146

sarapuk

Yet another report of an white/black/orange ufo...
http://www.theblackvault.com/casefiles/2-see-triangular-ufo-with-orange-plume-above-it/#

I think we could fill the Dyatlov Pass Forum with references to such photos and movies. In fact there must be thousands of such photos and movies over the last 60 years.
DB

January 11, 2019, 07:27:25 PM
Reply #147

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
http://www.theblackvault.com/casefiles/2-see-triangular-ufo-with-orange-plume-above-it/#

Did this one swoop down and chase people around a mountain attacking several times at several locations? 

January 12, 2019, 12:39:43 AM
Reply #148

Nigel Evans

I think we could fill the Dyatlov Pass Forum with references to such photos and movies. In fact there must be thousands of such photos and movies over the last 60 years.

I wish it was true. In fact these events are rare and photos and videos of them rarer again. But with smart phones and the internet they are starting to appear.

January 12, 2019, 12:41:22 AM
Reply #149

Nigel Evans

Did this one swoop down and chase people around a mountain attacking several times at several locations?

You're confusing the NO2 theory with the fire orb theory.