March 28, 2024, 09:43:54 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Obscure description of the damaged ski pole - can anyone clarify?  (Read 22191 times)

December 02, 2018, 01:50:27 PM
Reply #60

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
What do you mean they were not all bamboo......    GLAD YOU ASKED!!!!!

All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

December 02, 2018, 02:02:59 PM
Reply #61

WAB

The word "in tent" is underlined specially

'Inside' is nowhere to be seen.     whist1

I should repeat once again. If it is necessary I can repeat on word syllables. grin1
In Russian there is pretext "В - in as easy". It means concept "inside" unequivocally. Any translator (especially if it means the automatic machine) thoughtlessly translates into English as a pretext “in” though will tell more correctly “at” or “inside”. It means semantic transfer.
Therefore, when Lebedev speaks “В tent”, it is necessary to translate it “at tent” or “inside tent”. On another Russian people do not mean to understand.
If it was question of any other place, he should tell: “on tent”, “near to tent”, “ near tent”. Even word meaning “under tent”, does not mean a pretext "in".

The word "in tent" is underlined specially
Over all things the ski stick cut on some pieces, on it lay, visible northern fad of tent has been strengthened. To dare at stick damage, considering that in group spare was not possible only at exceptional circumstances.

thumb1

Well also what here it is not clear? He has assumed that it was the rack from North side. But it is only its assumption. And no more that is. Me surprises that they in any way do not pay attention that at such length of tent (and absence of braces middle of tent) nobody has understood that in the middle of this length there should be one more ski stick.

It is even more surprising that nobody has thought what even full length of the biggest stick is not enough what to lift, for this purpose, the ridge (the middle and along tent) on the necessary height for good stability of tent at a wind. To cut off a part from a stick for this purpose, what to lift the middle is there is silly act complete.

December 02, 2018, 02:11:07 PM
Reply #62

WAB

What do you mean they were not all bamboo......    GLAD YOU ASKED!!!!!

Ha-ha! It are skis and sticks journalist Yury Jarovoi which has arrived to searches together with Maslennikov and Tempalov 1959,February 27.

December 02, 2018, 02:17:35 PM
Reply #63

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
And mix their gear with the tent contents.     whist1

December 02, 2018, 10:40:29 PM
Reply #64

Jacques-Emile

No other wood, like ignition wood?  Fire sticks? just ski sticks carried in portage?  These must be very stupid people, no?

December 02, 2018, 10:48:43 PM
Reply #65

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Perhaps Igor went to the treeline to get smaller sticks to light that 1 log they had.  Wouldn't be the first time.

December 03, 2018, 01:45:51 AM
Reply #66

WAB

And mix their gear with the tent contents.     whist1

It is not necessary as consider participants of searches as idiots so they could not distinguish that on what have just come also that equipment which was at Dyatlov group.
If attentively to look at that photo which you have resulted there it is well visible as skis of Dyatlov group differ from skis of participants of searches.

On skis of Dyatlov group (which recently have taken out from under tent) old snow is stuck. It has appeared because fading humidity in tent and under tent promoted its sticking. On skis Yury Yarovoi this snow is not present, because it has come on a dense snow ice crust.

December 03, 2018, 01:46:41 AM
Reply #67

WAB

Perhaps Igor went to the treeline to get smaller sticks to light that 1 log they had.  Wouldn't be the first time.

What could it mean? Please decipher … shock1

December 03, 2018, 06:43:17 AM
Reply #68

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator