March 28, 2024, 06:45:51 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Combining the ball lightning and nuclear weapon theories.  (Read 18530 times)

March 09, 2019, 10:10:21 AM
Read 18530 times

Nigel Evans

It occurs to me that there is a narrative that combines the evidence.
UFO phenomena includes radar signatures, one report that comes to mind was of an object "the size of an aircraft carrier traveling at 7000 mph..".
Radar uses microwaves.
So... if we have electro magnetic phenomena as photographed by Semyon  then there could have been a massive radar signature as well.

This could result in the Soviet military in the middle of Cold War paranoia lobbing a low yield nuclear device at Kholat Syakhl.

Then they realise there's been some collateral damage and order a clampdown and coverup. Oops.

March 09, 2019, 01:46:26 PM
Reply #1

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
UFO phenomena includes radar signatures, one report that comes to mind was of an object "the size of an aircraft carrier traveling at 7000 mph..".
Radar uses microwaves.
So... if we have electro magnetic phenomena as photographed by Semyon  then there could have been a massive radar signature as well.

This could result in the Soviet military in the middle of Cold War paranoia lobbing a low yield nuclear device at Kholat Syakhl.

Then they realise there's been some collateral damage and order a clampdown and coverup. Oops.

What !? Are you serious. It was the 1950's you know. Not sure if the USSR Military were that advanced or not even the US Military.  In other words any Detection of such a massive Radar Signature would imply that the Soviets had such advanced equipment to be able to say for certain what it was they were lobbing a Nuke at . This is one of the most unlikely Theories yet. 
DB

March 09, 2019, 02:03:37 PM
Reply #2

Nigel Evans

Radar uses microwaves.

What !? Are you serious. It was the 1950's you know. Not sure if the USSR Military were that advanced or not even the US Military.  In other words any Detection of such a massive Radar Signature would imply that the Soviets had such advanced equipment to be able to say for certain what it was they were lobbing a Nuke at . This is one of the most unlikely Theories yet.

Nonsense do your homework.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1953-1960/u2-incident

March 09, 2019, 04:26:15 PM
Reply #3

Star man

Radar uses microwaves.

Even if there was a large signature on their radar, lobbing a nuke at it doesn't sound like a good idea.  Much more likely to have been secretly testing a nuke to try and catch up with the USA who had already developed the low yield tactical devices.

March 09, 2019, 09:38:03 PM
Reply #4

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Radar uses microwaves.

Did they toss a nuke at it?      afraid7
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

March 10, 2019, 01:15:32 AM
Reply #5

Nigel Evans

Radar uses microwaves.

Even if there was a large signature on their radar, lobbing a nuke at it doesn't sound like a good idea.  Much more likely to have been secretly testing a nuke to try and catch up with the USA who had already developed the low yield tactical devices.
A low yield nuke missile gives you all the mystery ingredients. NO2, radiation.

I struggle with the idea that they would perform an above ground nuke test at that location and an underground test wouldn't create contamination?

March 10, 2019, 03:36:05 AM
Reply #6

Star man

Radar uses microwaves.

I struggle with the idea that they would perform an above ground nuke test at that location and an underground test wouldn't create contamination?

It does give all the ingredients. An underground test might have been detected via seismic activity detectors, so if it was a test then I don't think they would have used this method.  I would still only give the nue test 5:1 odds without further evidence.

March 10, 2019, 06:04:09 AM
Reply #7

Nigel Evans

It does give all the ingredients. An underground test might have been detected via seismic activity detectors, so if it was a test then I don't think they would have used this method.  I would still only give the nue test 5:1 odds without further evidence.
Well the key missing ingredient is knowing what the isotope was. If not potassium then the water test suggests very high levels initially. The potassium theory has to be an outlier so the probability is that there were high levels of say strontium. But Ivanov discounts this and opts for fire orbs. I think he knew what the isotope was and it's origin. As ever it's about his interview.

March 10, 2019, 04:22:38 PM
Reply #8

Star man

Well the key missing ingredient is knowing what the isotope was. If not potassium then the water test suggests very high levels initially. The potassium theory has to be an outlier so the probability is that there were high levels of say strontium. But Ivanov discounts this and opts for fire orbs. I think he knew what the isotope was and it's origin. As ever it's about his interview.

The missing evidence is probably still there today.  In the trees.  Strontium 90 spike in the tree rings from 60 years ago, accompanied by a more dispersed but on average higher concentration of caesium 137 throughout the tree rings.  If this isn't present then the nuke theory can be ruled out.  If it is there then case closed.

Regards

Star man

March 10, 2019, 04:41:46 PM
Reply #9

Nigel Evans

The missing evidence is probably still there today.  In the trees.  Strontium 90 spike in the tree rings from 60 years ago, accompanied by a more dispersed but on average higher concentration of caesium 137 throughout the tree rings.  If this isn't present then the nuke theory can be ruled out.  If it is there then case closed.

Regards

Star man

Not case closed. There are two key events seperated in time, the  tent and the ravine and there's only one explosion?

March 11, 2019, 12:39:34 AM
Reply #10

Star man

Regards

Star man

Not case closed. There are two key events seperated in time, the  tent and the ravine and there's only one explosion?

I think the tree rings would tell us about the nuke and therefore the initiator or otherwise.  I don’t think there needs to be a second cause for the ravine, but you’re right it doesn’t rule out secondary issues such as the survivors may have been killed.  It doesn’t look like there was any secondary involvement on the face of it though.

Regards
Star man

March 11, 2019, 05:14:04 AM
Reply #11

Nigel Evans

Alderney sighting reported by two aircraft, highly experienced captain plus passengers.

Two yellow/golden cigar shaped objects possibly a mile long showing up on radar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Alderney_UFO_sighting

Interviews with Captain.

March 11, 2019, 05:35:01 AM
Reply #12

Star man

Alderney sighting reported by two aircraft, highly experienced captain plus passengers.

Two yellow/golden cigar shaped objects possibly a mile long showing up on radar.

Interviews with Captain.

The cigar shaped objects don’t look real.  The light reflecting off them does not correspond with the light source.  Looks like a fake to me.

March 11, 2019, 06:08:43 AM
Reply #13

Nigel Evans

The cigar shaped objects don’t look real.  The light reflecting off them does not correspond with the light source.  Looks like a fake to me.
Artists impression!

March 11, 2019, 06:17:05 AM
Reply #14

Nigel Evans

Soviets tested a low yield device in 1955 for a nuclear torpedo so a plausible case that they had the technology available in 1959.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_atomic_bomb_project#RDS-9

March 11, 2019, 06:52:50 AM
Reply #15

Nigel Evans

Bingo?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-75_Dvina"Wide-scale deployment started in 1957, with various upgrades following over the next few years.""The V-750 is a two-stage missile consisting of a solid-fuel booster and a storable liquid-fuel upper stage, which burns red fuming nitric acid as the oxidizer and kerosene as the fuel.""One version, the SA-2E, mounted a 295 kg (650 lb) nuclear warhead of an estimated 15 kiloton yield or a conventional warhead of similar weight."

March 11, 2019, 09:46:56 AM
Reply #16

Star man

Bingo?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-75_Dvina"Wide-scale deployment started in 1957, with various upgrades following over the next few years.""The V-750 is a two-stage missile consisting of a solid-fuel booster and a storable liquid-fuel upper stage, which burns red fuming nitric acid as the oxidizer and kerosene as the fuel.""One version, the SA-2E, mounted a 295 kg (650 lb) nuclear warhead of an estimated 15 kiloton yield or a conventional warhead of similar weight."

Ok so where are you going with this?

Regards
Star man

March 11, 2019, 10:51:31 AM
Reply #17

Nigel Evans

Bingo?

Regards
Star man
Good question :)
The natural source theory (potassium) for the tests on the ravine 4 has to be an outlier. But if the radiation is man made then the water test shows that the most probable scenario is (very) high levels at the time of the DPI event. So there is no moderate artificial contamination scenario, it's either natural (unlikely) or high levels that are very difficult to explain as occupational.
and there's good evidence of electro magnetic phenomena, no2/nitric acid exposure and the snow being unusually warm.

and the Soviets had SAM missiles that could have been fitted with low yield nuclear warheads as well as conventional.

So the narrative could be that in the cold war paranoia of the period they saw a massive object on radar hovering over the Urals and sent one of more SAM's in. Maybe they'd been reading comics about alien invasion...

Maybe the first SAM had a conventional warhead and when that didn't work they escalated.
If the missiles exploded in front of the western side of the ridge it would shelter the tent and the forest from the blast. But the wind would carry radioactive dust / NO2 or nitric acid over the tent area.
So it's a narrative that connects a lot of seemingly unconnected pieces of evidence which i like. It's still difficult to explain the rav4 deaths without damage to the trees. Maybe that was ball lightning...  kewl1
Then they told Ivanov to cease investigating and closed the case when they had all the bodies closing the area for several years.

March 11, 2019, 12:13:09 PM
Reply #18

sarapuk

Radar uses microwaves.

Well clearly you havnt done your homework and you are talking nonsense.
DB

March 11, 2019, 12:19:04 PM
Reply #19

sarapuk

Radar uses microwaves.

Mystery ingredients  !  ? The mystery is, why on earth would  the Soviet Military LOB a Nuclear Weapon in the first place  !  ?  Not a very good idea is it. But I suppose it helps your NO2 cause. A cause that is becoming full of holes.
DB

March 11, 2019, 12:25:33 PM
Reply #20

sarapuk

Regards

Star man

You can rule out the Nuclear Theory, and Iam surprised that its still being pushed as the cause of the Dyatlov Incident. Its pointless talking about Particles like Strontium 90 when other factors are completely unknown. Its just pure guess work. And the Authorities almost certainly carried out further Investigations at the Site when it was closed down for several years.
DB

March 11, 2019, 12:27:44 PM
Reply #21

sarapuk

Regards

Star man

Only one explosion  !  ?  How do you know  !   ?  You want us to believe that the Soviet Military LOBBED a Nuclear weapon, so why not 2 or 3 such Weapons  !  ? 
DB

March 11, 2019, 12:30:34 PM
Reply #22

sarapuk

Interviews with Captain.

Irrelevant Information again.
DB

March 11, 2019, 12:34:30 PM
Reply #23

sarapuk

Soviets tested a low yield device in 1955 for a nuclear torpedo so a plausible case that they had the technology available in 1959.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_atomic_bomb_project#RDS-9

The Soviet Military had the technology to build Nuclear Warheads. Obvious Information.  And like the USA they gradually throughout the 1960's and 70's and 80's were able to put some of those Weapons into, lets say, smaller vehicles for delivery to the targets.
DB

March 11, 2019, 12:36:37 PM
Reply #24

sarapuk

Bingo?

Bingo what  !  ?  Its obvious Information. Its not secret and its been known about for a long time.
DB

March 11, 2019, 12:38:51 PM
Reply #25

sarapuk

Bingo?

Regards
Star man

Good question. Where on Earth is he going. This Information has been known about for a long time. What use is it to the Dyatlov Case  !  ?
DB

March 11, 2019, 12:42:46 PM
Reply #26

sarapuk

Bingo?

Regards
Star man
The natural source theory (potassium) for the tests on the ravine 4 has to be an outlier. But if the radiation is man made then the water test shows that the most probable scenario is (very) high levels at the time of the DPI event. So there is no moderate artificial contamination scenario, it's either natural (unlikely) or high levels that are very difficult to explain as occupational.
and there's good evidence of electro magnetic phenomena, no2/nitric acid exposure and the snow being unusually warm.

and the Soviets had SAM missiles that could have been fitted with low yield nuclear warheads as well as conventional.

So the narrative could be that in the cold war paranoia of the period they saw a massive object on radar hovering over the Urals and sent one of more SAM's in. Maybe they'd been reading comics about alien invasion...

Maybe the first SAM had a conventional warhead and when that didn't work they escalated.
If the missiles exploded in front of the western side of the ridge it would shelter the tent and the forest from the blast. But the wind would carry radioactive dust / NO2 or nitric acid over the tent area.
So it's a narrative that connects a lot of seemingly unconnected pieces of evidence which i like. It's still difficult to explain the rav4 deaths without damage to the trees. Maybe that was ball lightning...  kewl1
Then they told Ivanov to cease investigating and closed the case when they had all the bodies closing the area for several years.

[[ and the Soviets had SAM missiles that could have been fitted with low yield nuclear warheads as well as conventional.

So the narrative could be that in the cold war paranoia of the period they saw a massive object on radar hovering over the Urals and sent one of more SAM's in. Maybe they'd been reading comics about alien invasion...]]

Bizarre or what.  Are you now suggesting that the Soviets fired Nuclear Weapons at ALIENS. Or should I say that without any real means of deciding if they were friend or foe the Soviets just LOBBED NUKES at them.
DB

March 11, 2019, 01:08:32 PM
Reply #27

Star man

Bingo?

Regards
Star man

I see.  You are combining the two theories.  In my low yield nuke theory I havent really considered the reason why a nuke would be detonated there.  Just suggested it could be a test.  But from the research you have done it seems that the technology was already there.  A test does seem A strange reason.  Some kind of foul up or mistake would be more likely for the nuke theory.  A misleading radar signature.  Possibly.  Maybe thought it was an attack?  There are reports of near misses where radar signals were mistakenly interpreted as an attack by the west and they came close to a launch.  Scary really.

The injuries could be explained by falls as result of the NO2 affecting the groups cognitive abilities.

March 11, 2019, 01:35:51 PM
Reply #28

Nigel Evans

Bizarre or what.  Are you now suggesting that the Soviets fired Nuclear Weapons at ALIENS. Or should I say that without any real means of deciding if they were friend or foe the Soviets just LOBBED NUKES at them.
I grew up in the Cold War (in the UK). If attacked there would just be 4 minutes.

March 11, 2019, 01:43:51 PM
Reply #29

Nigel Evans

Bingo?

Regards
Star man

I see.  You are combining the two theories.  In my low yield nuke theory I havent really considered the reason why a nuke would be detonated there.  Just suggested it could be a test.  But from the research you have done it seems that the technology was already there.  A test does seem A strange reason.  Some kind of foul up or mistake would be more likely for the nuke theory.  A misleading radar signature.  Possibly.  Maybe thought it was an attack?  There are reports of near misses where radar signals were mistakenly interpreted as an attack by the west and they came close to a launch.  Scary really.

The injuries could be explained by falls as result of the NO2 affecting the groups cognitive abilities.

I'm creating narratives that fit the facts. Ryan has pointed out that the rad tests have no easy explanation. Wrt the ravine four i do think they died under the snow between 2 and 3 metres deep and found within an arms length of the den. The ball lightning theory isn't dead yet... kewl1