March 28, 2024, 11:02:20 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Tetanus-Lockjaw-Clostridium tetani  (Read 3680 times)

July 03, 2020, 01:17:27 PM
Read 3680 times

RidgeWatcher

Group Diary 1.27.59   At North 2nd.

"Only one is suitable for living. In complete darkness we found a village and the house. We started a fire with wood boards. Smoke came form the stove. Several people hurt their hands on old nails. Everything is well".

I was wondering if Tetanus could have played a part in the Dyatlov group initially leaving the tent. From initial puncture injury to the beginning of signs and symptoms can occur in 3 days, even though it usually takes longer, but if a carrier is very healthy and exerting a strenuous amount of physical force, then could the process speed up?

Signs and Symptoms:

The most common initial sign is spasms of the muscles of the jaw, or “lockjaw”.

Tetanus symptoms include:

Jaw cramping
Sudden, involuntary muscle tightening (muscle spasms) – often in the stomach
Painful muscle stiffness all over the body
Trouble swallowing
Jerking or staring (seizures)
Headache
Fever and sweating
Changes in blood press

Serious health problems that can happen because of tetanus include:

Uncontrolled/tightening of the vocal cords (laryngospasm)
Broken bones (fractures)
Infections gotten by a patient during a hospital visit (hospital-acquired infections)
Blockage of the main artery of the lung or one of its branches by a blood clot that has travelled from elsewhere in the body through the bloodstream (pulmonary embolism)
Pneumonia, a lung infection, that develops by breathing in foreign materials (aspiration pneumonia)
Breathing difficulty, possibly leading to death (1 to 2 in 10 cases are fatal)

I would never say this caused the later major bone fractures but what if one member came down with the symptoms and cut the tent and ran in panic?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 01:24:06 PM by RidgeWatcher »

July 04, 2020, 01:25:42 PM
Reply #1

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Group Diary 1.27.59   At North 2nd.

"Only one is suitable for living. In complete darkness we found a village and the house. We started a fire with wood boards. Smoke came form the stove. Several people hurt their hands on old nails. Everything is well".

I was wondering if Tetanus could have played a part in the Dyatlov group initially leaving the tent. From initial puncture injury to the beginning of signs and symptoms can occur in 3 days, even though it usually takes longer, but if a carrier is very healthy and exerting a strenuous amount of physical force, then could the process speed up?

Signs and Symptoms:

The most common initial sign is spasms of the muscles of the jaw, or “lockjaw”.

Tetanus symptoms include:

Jaw cramping
Sudden, involuntary muscle tightening (muscle spasms) – often in the stomach
Painful muscle stiffness all over the body
Trouble swallowing
Jerking or staring (seizures)
Headache
Fever and sweating
Changes in blood press

Serious health problems that can happen because of tetanus include:

Uncontrolled/tightening of the vocal cords (laryngospasm)
Broken bones (fractures)
Infections gotten by a patient during a hospital visit (hospital-acquired infections)
Blockage of the main artery of the lung or one of its branches by a blood clot that has travelled from elsewhere in the body through the bloodstream (pulmonary embolism)
Pneumonia, a lung infection, that develops by breathing in foreign materials (aspiration pneumonia)
Breathing difficulty, possibly leading to death (1 to 2 in 10 cases are fatal)

I would never say this caused the later major bone fractures but what if one member came down with the symptoms and cut the tent and ran in panic?

But there were 9 of them. And apparently only a few may have hurt their hands  !  ?  Why would they all leave the Tent suddenly and without proper clothing or equipment  !  ?
DB

July 05, 2020, 10:30:53 PM
Reply #2

RidgeWatcher

"Several people hurt their hands with nails". I know it's strange but do you think it cold be a possibility or have played any kind of a role in the tragedy.

July 06, 2020, 09:37:41 AM
Reply #3

sarapuk

"Several people hurt their hands with nails". I know it's strange but do you think it cold be a possibility or have played any kind of a role in the tragedy.

Well of course we all know its any ones guess as to what actually happened.  All we can do is try to make the best of what Information we are presented with. I just try to look at the overall picture. As said before by me and others, there appear to be a number of separate Events that make the one big Event.  THE TENT.  THE CEDAR TREE. THE FIRE. THE DEN. THE RAVINE. Not forgetting the positions of the Bodies. So I would think that if just a few had Tetanus it would be unlikely to affect the actions of the whole Group. I used to have Tetanus Injections years ago when I was doing Archaeology.
DB

July 07, 2020, 11:46:37 AM
Reply #4

RidgeWatcher

Thank you, sarapuk,

Someday I would like to hear how you witnessed a crop circle being made. Were orbs involved? Just curious. My parents met, married, an older sibling born and I was created in Wiltshire, near that white horse on the mountain. Always curious about that area in Wiltshire.

July 09, 2020, 02:35:53 PM
Reply #5

sarapuk

Thank you, sarapuk,

Someday I would like to hear how you witnessed a crop circle being made. Were orbs involved? Just curious. My parents met, married, an older sibling born and I was created in Wiltshire, near that white horse on the mountain. Always curious about that area in Wiltshire.

All I can say is that it was the early 1970's. While fishing a river in Herefordshire, England, in the morning. Very rural area, very quiet. Peaceful day. No Orbs. No noise. Nothing, just the field of Hay that seemed to be dancing. At first I thought it was Hares or big Rabbits, but it covered too large an area, and after I climbed a Tree to get a better look I realised there was no sign of animals or anything else. Must have been 100 feet Diameter. An extraordinary sight. It lasted several hours. Me and my Parents felt a bit spooked that day and we left early just after Noon. No one else around. I did manage to take 1 photo. I had it enlarged. The camera I was using was not a Pentax or anything like that, so the photo doesnt really prove anything. If only I had my Huawei Smartphone back then.
DB

July 15, 2020, 07:47:27 PM
Reply #6

RidgeWatcher

Wow. I believe you 100%. It was good to get out of there. I hope that's where it ended for you and your family. Thank you for sharing. I lived in Phoenix, Arizona for five years.

July 16, 2020, 04:47:45 PM
Reply #7

sarapuk

Wow. I believe you 100%. It was good to get out of there. I hope that's where it ended for you and your family. Thank you for sharing. I lived in Phoenix, Arizona for five years.

Yeah it was a strange feeling being at that river side fishing that day. I wasn't into UFO stuff or any thing like that. I was aware of such things like UFO through the media etc. I had never heard of Crop Circles. This was early 1970's. Many years later when I had a Van Driving job I had to go to Hereford from Birmingham once a week and one day I had some time on my hands and went back to that place. If I remember correctly you cant see the actual field from the lane that runs parallel with the river. Even these days its still a very Rural area with few people. If only I had had a modern Smart Phone and my high tech Geiger Counter.
DB

July 16, 2020, 07:08:29 PM
Reply #8

Georgi

Possible maybe, probable? Not likely. There were 9 of them, tetanus would have had to affect them all on the same schedule and in the same way all without showing any symptoms for three days and then showing devastating symptoms all at once.

July 23, 2020, 08:04:32 PM
Reply #9

RidgeWatcher

All very good points but if you only needed three attackers why would you need more than 2-3 Dyatlov hikers exhibiting any signs or symptoms of tetanus?