Victims and Case Files > Aleksander Kolevatov

Why did Zina think Kolevatov would cause a "quarrel" in the group?

<< < (2/2)

RMK:

--- Quote from: Zozzle on August 31, 2021, 01:44:19 PM ---Oh sorry, I still get confused by all the nicknames.

--- End quote ---
That's perfectly understandable.  Nicknames don't always make a lot of sense.  For instance, the diminutive of "Vladimir" is not "Vlad", but "Volodya".  Or in English, "Hank" and "Harry"  are both nicknames for "Henry".

--- Quote from: Zozzle on August 31, 2021, 01:44:19 PM ---And Zolotaryov is called Sasha as well although his name is Semyon.

--- End quote ---
Yeah.  Why did he introduce himself as "Sasha", anyway...?

--- Quote from: Zozzle on August 31, 2021, 01:44:19 PM ---Yuri Doroshenko is called "Yurka" by Lyuda, while the other Yuri that actually has a K in his last name, Yuri Krivonischenko, is called Georgiy, for some reason.

--- End quote ---
That I can actually speak to.  "Georgiy" is Slavicized Greek, whereas "Yuri" is a purely Slavic equivalent of the Greek name "Γεώργιος" ("Georgios"); the English equivalent of the name, of course, is "George".  Also, I'm not completely sure, but I believe the "-ka" suffix in "Yurka" is a diminutive suffix that one uses with children, or with people one knows well (if I'm mistaken, someone who knows should provide correction or clarification).

Manti:

--- Quote from: Zozzle on August 31, 2021, 01:44:19 PM ---And even "Sasha" isn't his real name, it's Aleksander. Where does that come from?

--- End quote ---
In Russia "Sasha" is the standard nickname for Alexander.

I heard that in Germany it's used as a female name instead sometimes, is that true?

Paf:
In France as well !
It's written either Sacha (mostly boys) or Sasha (both boys and girls), or even Sascha ( quite less common).

But it's also a nickname for Alexandra, no ? So it can be a female nickname in RUssia as well (or am I mistaken ?)

Manti:
You are right.

ThorstenW:

--- Quote from: Manti on September 03, 2021, 02:12:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zozzle on August 31, 2021, 01:44:19 PM ---And even "Sasha" isn't his real name, it's Aleksander. Where does that come from?

--- End quote ---
In Russia "Sasha" is the standard nickname for Alexander.

I heard that in Germany it's used as a female name instead sometimes, is that true?

--- End quote ---

Here in Germany i know " Sascha " as a male name. " Sasha " i never heard as a female name here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version