Theories Discussion > The stove

Why did they leave

<< < (2/5) > >>

hanno:
Where is it written that the stove was packed with untouched fire wood? I can only find that the stove is not assembled and lies in the center of the tent. Can you please tell me case file and page where I can find it?

Loose}{Cannon:
I cannot remember where it is stated, but I believe there to be ONE unburnt log stored within the heater itself for travel.

WAB:

--- Quote from: hanno on April 03, 2018, 10:49:57 AM ---Where is it written that the stove was packed with untouched fire wood? I can only find that the stove is not assembled and lies in the center of the tent. Can you please tell me case file and page where I can find it?

--- End quote ---

Probably you can read only that that on this site is published in criminal case materials. However it not a unique source of the information on incident of Dyatlov in 1959. I have a possibility to receive the information directly from participants of search. Some times we talked to Michael Sharavin who has found tent on February, 26th 1959 on Mountain. Data on fire wood filled in the furnace are received directly from it. And some times at various times and in different places.
Probably it is in book Donnie Eichar ”Dead Mountain“ ( https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/24484434 ) “ When we together with Yury Yudin and Donnie make the information to his book, about it there was a conversation with Michael Sharavin. Whether there is this information in the book I can to tell, because now at me it is not present.
At several forums in Russian wrote about it much also.
Probably to give the reference to some video interview with Michael Sharavin it is not meaningful. They long, in Russian and there it is a lot of turns of speech which are difficult for understanding and transfer.

CalzagheChick:
Consider this: The heavy canvas of the tent would absorb any smoke/fume/burning odors quite well. Even if the tent was out in the open air for a couple of weeks, I believe an odor would have been detectable to those examining the cloth forensically. Especially a seamstress? The diaries indicate that the boys all promised no cigarette smoking for the entire trip which makes this whole stove theory even more unlikely in my opinion.

If there was a malfunction with a smoking stove, the material of the tent would have SOME evidence of such, at least for SOMEONE to notice throughout the investigation.

Marchesk:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on April 03, 2018, 08:30:01 PM ---I cannot remember where it is stated, but I believe there to be ONE unburnt log stored within the heater itself for travel.
--- End quote ---

Williams says it was left outside the tent after using the stove because Igor didn't want to carry any extra weight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version